Fields gets the least amount of help when it comes to rookie QBs

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying teams win with bad defenses but most of the recent winners have been great offenses. Chiefs, TB, Patriots did win with defense, eagles, Patriots. Mostly teams led by offense. Although Brady teams generally also supported by a strong defense which is aided by him taking cheaper contracts to have a complete team
If Rodgers ever found a way to stop being a douchebag, and take a less paying contract, think of all the rings he might have??

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Rodgers ever found a way to stop being a douchebag, and take a less paying contract, think of all the rings he might have??
I was just having the same conversation yesterday at work with a pig fucking wisconsin colleague!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But like Gay Rainbow, you seem to only look at those basic stats. If I told you that Fields got them down in the red zone 4 times, but the RB got the TD every time...and one FG, does it take away what he did? Sure does if you just read the basic stats.

And his INT was, shocker, a tipped pass, but Dalton's was just right to the Lion, in the end zone no less, right?

I feel that you're either looking at stats or you're not. And if you are, there is no backing out or adding in as every QB sometimes gets hurt by things and helped by things, it all evens out.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm not saying teams win with bad defenses but most of the recent winners have been great offenses. Chiefs, TB, Patriots did win with defense, eagles, Patriots. Mostly teams led by offense. Although Brady teams generally also supported by a strong defense which is aided by him taking cheaper contracts to have a complete team
There's definitely the argument that a good defense can be great when aided by a top-tier offense. Most teams with a great defense/sub par offense don't do much in the playoffs(see 2018 Bears). The Bears need to collectively put their resources into the offensive side of the ball.

The Bears D could've been great this year, but when they're on the field 40 minutes, you're destined for players to start having hammy injuries. The coaching staff fucked up the year, going all the way back to training camp. Why they gave all the 1st string reps to Dalton knowing that you traded up to pick a QB is almost as bad as that trade for Mirer.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He's funny for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure he's just a bot with a few pre selected spammy posts, most of which involve sharing the a list of Ohio State QB's.

He's not a fan of any Chicago team and has nothing of value to share on this entire message board. Most posters find this site to be much more tolerable without the spam.
See (or don't because I wouldn't want you good folks to waste your time. ) his posts slobbering Stan Blowman's knob on the Shitbirds Hockey forum.

Last edited:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
But like Gay Rainbow, you seem to only look at those basic stats. If I told you that Fields got them down in the red zone 4 times, but the RB got the TD every time...and one FG, does it take away what he did? Sure does if you just read the basic stats.

And his INT was, shocker, a tipped pass, but Dalton's was just right to the Lion, in the end zone no less, right?
a_p_l_-allstar-picture-library-00104154-highres.jpg

Halftime does suck at his posting and trolling, but please just cool it with the anti-LGBT remarks.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As far as the 2 games against the Lions:

Fields. 11-17 209 yds 0 TD 1 INT
Dalton. 24-37 317 yds 1 TD 1 INT
I can't figure out why Dalton had more than ONE HUNDRED more passing yards(Wow. Amazing. Fantastic. UNREAL.) than Fields here. It must be because he's just an objectively better football player. It has to be. There is no other possible explanation.

I wonder if the fact that we had 39 rushes for 188 yards in the the first game against the Lions, and 29 rushes for 68 yards against the Lions in the second game has anything to do with it? Did Dalton throw 20 more passes? Is that what my eyes are telling me?

This passing yards thing is so stupid. Rofl. Everyone else gets it, right? If we're talking about objectivity, harping on Fields' passing yards is objectively stupid, right? ?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't figure out why Dalton had more than ONE HUNDRED more passing yards(Wow. Amazing. Fantastic. UNREAL.) than Fields here. It must be because he's just an objectively better football player. It has to be. There is no other possible explanation.

I wonder if the fact that we had 39 rushes for 188 yards in the the first game against the Lions, and 29 rushes for 68 yards against the Lions in the second game has anything to do with it? Did Dalton throw 20 more passes? Is that what my eyes are telling me?

This passing yards thing is so stupid. Rofl. Everyone else gets it, right? If we're talking about objectivity, harping on Fields' passing yards is objectively stupid, right? ?

Like I said before, I just put the stats that everybody looks at the most. I really don't care. For me personally I would be more concerned with time of possession and turnovers. And I certainly don't give a shit about long passes. Means nothing to me except it brings your time of possession down, but hopefully score points. To me, scoring 22 points a game with a high TOP and a great defense will put you in the mix every year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Like I said before, I just put the stats that everybody looks at the most. I really don't care. For me personally I would be more concerned with time of possession and turnovers. And I certainly don't give a shit about long passes. Means nothing to me except it brings your time of possession down, but hopefully score points. To me, scoring 22 points a game with a high TOP and a great defense will put you in the mix every year.
That was really more for Rainbow's dumb ass.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately we have neither now

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
?

I expected cherry picked stats from others
However if you want to go there

Lions: bottom 5 defense in the league
Fields: average 12 yards per throw and 24 points

Dalton: 5 yards per throw and 16 points

It's fun how cherry picking can go both ways. I've mostly tried to stay away from the Fields vs Dalton against the Lions narrative (as easy as it is) because it's the Lions and none of us should be shocked that Fields was so efficient in that game and that the running game was also marginally better due to Fields' presence alone.

But hey, Andy got the dub on thanksgiving with 300 passing yards and beating the Lions by 2 points lol

Last edited:

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
@JurisFrog
@Bust
@Black Rainbow

For reference

Fields' highlights against the Lions week 4 in his 3rd ever start:

I couldn't really find an Andy Dalton vs the Lions highlight video on YouTube for some strange reason. But here's the general Bears vs Lions Turkey Day highlights if you'd like to reference Dalton's subpar play. This comes after a full offseason with the 1's and during the middle of the season :)

Heck maybe even watch ever carry by Khalil Herbert against the Packers in week 6 and tell me with a straight face that he would have been running that free with Andy Dalton lol

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit** Welp, I guess you'll need to use the YouTubes all by yourself.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
@JurisFrog
@Bust
@Black Rainbow

For reference

Fields' highlights against the Lions week 4 in his 3rd ever start:

I couldn't really find an Andy Dalton highlight video on YouTube for some strange reason. But here's the general Bears vs Lions Turkey Day highlights:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit** Welp, I guess you'll need to use the YouTube all by yourself.
Question,: Why do you think it's Dalton versus Fields?

Because none of us are claiming that. Dalton is an old, backup QB. And Fields hasn't been any better. Try comparing Fields to Murray, Watson, Herbert, Mayfield in their 1st year on shit teams.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is like watching a calvinist minister fucking a swiffer

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Question,: Why do you think it's Dalton versus Fields?

Because none of us are claiming that. Dalton is an old, backup QB. And Fields hasn't been any better. Try comparing Fields to Murray, Watson, Herbert, Mayfield in their 1st year on shit teams.
Well if you see Murray's constant progression over 3 seasons, you would see why we're taking a wait and give it time approach. Not calling him a bust straight away

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well if you see Murray's constant progression over 3 seasons, you would see why we're taking a wait and give it time approach. Not calling him a bust straight away
Please link where I called Fields a bust.

Thanks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel that you're either looking at stats or you're not. And if you are, there is no backing out or adding in as every QB sometimes gets hurt by things and helped by things, it all evens out.

But it all doesn't even out. If that were true there wouldn't be such a huge disparity in the help that say Mac Jones gets and the help Fields gets per the OP.

There is really no concept in the reality where it all evens out. Luck whether good or bad is quite random so by definition it doesn't even out.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it all doesn't even out. If that were true there wouldn't be such a huge disparity in the help that say Mac Jones gets and the help Fields gets per the OP.

There is really no concept in the reality where it all evens out. Luck whether good or bad is quite random so by definition it doesn't even out.

Well then you should be in the category as per the first sentence of someone that does not look at stats. If you are going to look at stats and pick and choose if and when the stats are invalid because of the situation one is compared to the other, you are turning stats from objective to subjective based on your opinion.

It's for that reason that I give no validity to PFF. That takes a subjective opinion play by play and assigns it a number making it look objective when it is anything but that.