Fields gets the least amount of help when it comes to rookie QBs

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What I'd like to know is how much of those receivers being not open is on Nagy? Or they just suck? I'm sure it's a bit of both.
I'd place a large majority of the blame on Nagy and his shit route tree and play design. Other coaches in the league don't seem to have this issue and while the Bears WR core may not be great, they are good enough to get open.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I feel like the Bears condense shit too much. It happened to work out with a double move because literally no one expected it lol.

The D feasts in Nagy’s short passing hitch game.

3rd and 3? Curls

3rd and 12? Hitch

3rd and 6? Curls?

Last edited:

Cyphered

Liked Posts:
So last year with virtually the same team on offense it was Trubisky/Foles holding everybody else back. This year it is everyone else on offense holding Fields/Dalton back.
Next, people may actually realize that the answer is nuanced and it's really a little of EVERYONE'S fault. That's why I'm more willing to put it on coaching. They have one job, make sure the players don't screw up. If everyone is always screwing up a little, then the coaches suck at doing their one job.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So last year with virtually the same team on offense it was Trubisky/Foles holding everybody else back. This year it is everyone else on offense holding Fields/Dalton back.
For a guy who kept telling people to stop mentioning Mitch, you sure do mention Mitch a lot.

Also Mitch is shit.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t really care to revisit 2020, 2019, or even 2018.. his offense changed every year, it’s not the same offense. I don’t remember this many stick routes, and curls.

Yeah the quarterback , mostly fields has missed a few free runners but 90% of the time it’s stupid concepts that plays to the defenses strengths. Ie cleveland.

his scheme is shit and it gets worse every year

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ron Turner ran offense better with smurf receivers.

also for the last few years we've all observed that the best players aren't actually the starters. this coaching staff has no comprehension for how to evaluate the talent they have. I still maintain they don't actually have useful meetings for how to strategize how to beat the teams they're playing.

clean house.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I'd like to know is how much of those receivers being not open is on Nagy? Or they just suck? I'm sure it's a bit of both.

You also have to factor how much of it is Fields. If you throw late or without anticipation then a guy may be covered by the time you target them. Windows don't stay open long in the NFL.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
But @Black Rainbow told me that Fields has run out of excuses and that we already have a large enough sample size to declare him a @Bust

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tua has played pretty well given his WRs are open just a tad bit more than Fields and his OL pass blocking is worse.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He just wants to blame Fields

No, I don't. I am not the one with an agenda. I wanted Trubisky to do well, and blamed the coaching. I want Fields to do well and blame the coaching. Although so far Trubisky was able to perform better in this disastrous offense than Fields, I give Fields the benefit of being a rookie.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, I don't. I am not the one with an agenda. I wanted Trubisky to do well, and blamed the coaching. I want Fields to do well and blame the coaching. Although so far Trubisky was able to perform better in this disastrous offense than Fields, I give Fields the benefit of being a rookie.
Youd hope so considering he ran it his 2nd, 3rd and 4th years in the NFL.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Youd hope so considering he ran it his 2nd, 3rd and 4th years in the NFL.

In many ways yes. On the other side how does a QB possibly develop and accustom himself to NFL level play in this environment.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
But @Black Rainbow told me that Fields has run out of excuses and that we already have a large enough sample size to declare him a @Bust
Look, we got these Detroit games outta the way. Real opponents coming up the next few weeks with Dalton starting.

I'm not capping for Dalton, he's thrown too many balls in the dirt for me. And MANY posters said Dalton's best years are behind him, he cannot win playoff games, he's a low end starter/backup at this point - I agree with this.

If anyone has ANY interest in being TRULY objective, they should be watching these next few games closely to see how Dalton compares to Fields on the EXACT same team and coaching.

Many of you guys said Fields was already better than Dalton after preseason and have been walking it back ever since. I believe Fields has 9 games under his belt. There should not be a huge difference between a polished college rookie and an old man who's a backup at this point in time.