Fields has high upside

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m more concerned about him hesitating. I’m worried that getting pressure constantly and getting hit often will make that even worse.

He's going to need to learn to overcome it or let the next guy on line try.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Go back and watch the play. Fields will never throw his Oline under the bus and say he was running for his life —- but he was
At times he was, no doubt. I said multiple times that it made no sense our OL couldn’t block four men but that being said he isn’t letting the ball go. Look at both scoring drives or drives where we had momentum going, Fields was ripping the ball immediately, some sacks were unnecessary

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson I see a lot of things to like from Fields but it looks like he's going to have some bad growing pains and won't be easy to watch in some of these games.

Exactly this. This year has always been about Fields' development. They were never going to be a super bowl contender this year with this offensive line with Rodgers still in Green Bay while our rookie qb is learning on the job. The Bears will almost certainly prioritize solidifying the o line and building around Fields over the next couple of years. Look for the Bears to dominate the NFC North for the next several years.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Yes but he's also making rookie mistakes he shouldn't. Fields can't be sitting around blaming others this is the NFL and he needs to put his destiny in his own hands.

He's a rookie, no?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
At times he was, no doubt. I said multiple times that it made no sense our OL couldn’t block four men but that being said he isn’t letting the ball go. Look at both scoring drives or drives where we had momentum going, Fields was ripping the ball immediately, some sacks were unnecessary

It’s rookie stuff. Rookies have ups… and downs. When he became Starter everyone was warned that there would be growing pains — so any of this is not unexpected.

I do see development though… and definite flashes…. and things he still has to clean up of course.

He is also not being coached right.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I also believe he does, and thats why this season is all about his development and not trying to turn a 7-10 team into a 9-8 team.

oh well waste another year of defense, great running backs and special teams

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He can thread a needle though can't he

mbison

Liked Posts:
He's shown no evidence of growth. It's all in your head. He'll show growth when it actually happens.

He's athletic, but it's not automatic it transfers to being a good QB.

He definitely showed growth in the 4th and if the defense would have held I had no doubt he would have driven us back down the field for the lead

Bust

Liked Posts:
He definitely showed growth in the 4th and if the defense would have held I had no doubt he would have driven us back down the field for the lead

Looked good in the 4th when the packers were laying off and giving the underneath routes when up by 2 scores? we have all seen this road before. jay made a living of stat padding in the 4th of losing games.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s rookie stuff. Rookies have ups… and downs. When he became Starter everyone was warned that there would be growing pains — so any of this is not unexpected.

I do see development though… and definite flashes…. and things he still has to clean up of course.

He is also not being coached right.
Like I said, dude is talented as hell but poor coaching will hurt him

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's like you completely forget the first drive.

As if he has never showed the ability to play at a high level. Its all about consistency at this point