Fields Honest Assessment Of Performance

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Trevor Lawrence came from a more horrid situation with the Jags last year and it looks like he is starting to figure it out. They destroyed the Chargers 38-10, on the road even.

meanwhile justin . . . #PANIC
And the Jags did nothing in the offseason to up the talent on their offense, so your point totally makes......

Wait, didn't they spend a fortune?

Fields was ass today, but acting like Lawrence is STILL in that awful situation is a shit take.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is truly amazing. I quote him admitting how terrible he was as a means to preempt the excuses and people still want to blame others.

Does the talent around him need to be improved? Yes without question
Does the line need to pass pro better? Yes without question
Can the playcalling be changed slightly to help him more? Probably so.

But… Fields has to play better himself. No amount of talent around him, right now, will make him look like an NFL QB. He has to start making better decisions and utilizing his talent. He just isn’t doing it, he’s completely regressed.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok so you tried to make excuses for his shit play, realized you really couldnt and so now trying to find a graceful exit. Understood.
No. I don't know if you're aware or not, but no one wants to argue with you because of whatever issue you have that doesn't allow you to ever let anything go.

Based on your responses to me now and in the past, I think you have a real issue proving you're right about everything or something. I don't know. What does your therapist say about it? Lol.

mecha

Liked Posts:
14 games into his NFL career Justin Fields: Comp Per. 58.4% QBR 72.8
11 games into his NFL career John Elway: Comp Per. 47.5% QBR 54.9

Only morons judge an NFL QB based on a tiny sample at the beginning of his career. Could Elway play?

Is every teams fan base this ignorant? Where Broncos fans being as stupid as Mr. Grange?
I called it chicken little shit years ago. you know, cause the sky is apparently falling. people got fucking mad at me.

nothing has changed in 10 years, really. the comparisons to Allen amuse me too. the Buffalo Bills are a Super Bowl caliber team. the Chicago Bears are literally in a fight for their lives to not finish 4th in the NFC North. there's a big difference.

Bust

Liked Posts:
But… Fields has to play better himself. No amount of talent around him, right now, will make him look like an NFL QB. He has to start making better decisions and utilizing his talent. He just isn’t doing it, he’s completely regressed.

he was bad on all fronts. it's amazing the bears even won this game. Coach E and his coaching staff and the players did a great job not quitting and pulling this out.

Fields passed for under 50pct completion
Took 5 sacks, half were his fault cause he holds the ball too long
2 Interceptions
2 Fumbles
Missed wide open targets

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No. I don't know if you're aware or not, but no one wants to argue with you because of whatever issue you have that doesn't allow you to ever let anything go.

Based on your responses to me now and in the past, I think you have a real issue proving you're right about everything or something. I don't know. What does your therapist say about it? Lol.

If you know that then why did you respond in the first place about something I already said I wasnt going to tolerate?

What does your therapist say about you being a masochist? Lol

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do either of your read at a 5th grade level?

Literally said those other areas have faults and literally said he is the MAIN problem not the only problem.

Feel free starting threads about those other areas. This thread is about Fields manning up and taking ownership for his shit play. No white knighting for him please.
I really want to agree with this because Fields was franchise history bad and this team hasn't had a lot of good qb play over the years.

But I hesitate saying MAIN because I don't believe replacing Fields solves the issue completely.

Just say Fields played like ass today and they won despite his best efforts to help the Texans win. How he kept missing Kmet was really egregious. And he made it worse literally throwing into areas that had the most Texans. Not to mention his total lack of awareness in the pocket.

That said, I really don't think every week he's been the main problem. Last week and today were not good clearly.

Hopefully things will click and he'll get better.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’m sick of the Bears sucking. Now Fields looks like a bust it, which adds more time till they are competitive again. It’s depressing

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
He’s not comfortable, he’s not confident. Fields is not Tiger Woods, but I remember when Tiger changed his mechanics and he had a pretty bad stretch of golf, everybody was saying go back to your old mechanics and he said no because it raised his ceiling. I don’t think we can discount how comfort, mechanics, a rhythm can affect a young QB

This really puts the front office and the coaching staff under a microscope, I hope they start looking to do more than collect cheap W’s and focus on developing their most important prospect

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
14 games into his NFL career Justin Fields: Comp Per. 58.4% QBR 72.8
11 games into his NFL career John Elway: Comp Per. 47.5% QBR 54.9

Only morons judge an NFL QB based on a tiny sample at the beginning of his career. Could Elway play?

Is every teams fan base this ignorant? Where Broncos fans being as stupid as Mr. Grange?

Call me names all you want. Fools said the same shit about Trubisky and every other failed young Bears QB for literally decades. “Give them time! Rome wasn’t built in a day!” Elway wasn’t great initially but he could put up more than 100 yards a game. I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t John Elway or probably not even a Grossman.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I hope they start looking to do more than collect cheap W’s and focus on developing their most important prospect
Eberflus said in his presser he's focusing on the whole team, not one guy.

He's taking the "cheap Ws." ?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Call me names all you want. Fools said the same shit about Trubisky and every other failed young Bears QB for literally decades. “Give them time! Rome wasn’t built in a day!” Elway wasn’t great initially but he could put up more than 100 yards a game. I’ve seen enough to know he isn’t John Elway or probably not even a Grossman.

Call you names? How about if you continue to act like an idiot, I will continue to call you an idiot.

You want to blame Fields for "Trubisky and every other failed young Bears QB for literally decades"? WTF does that have to do with Fields?

If 10 years from now it turns out Fields was bad, even after he has some talent and a competent coaching staff to work with, then you can gloat. Making a judgement on a guy after 14 games, with what he has to work with, is beyond stupid and right up your alley.

I have a feeling most Bears fans will give him a shot, I know the front office and coaching staff will, they don't have a choice. At some point when Fields has some talent around him and a competent coaching staff, we will see what he is. With all the natural talent the young man has, I am looking forward to finding out how good he can really get.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Eberflus said in his presser he's focusing on the whole team, not one guy.

He's taking the "cheap Ws." ?
That's the correct answer. He's the head coach not the QB coach. Also if Fields fails it wasn't his pick and he gets another QB

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really want to agree with this because Fields was franchise history bad and this team hasn't had a lot of good qb play over the years.

But I hesitate saying MAIN because I don't believe replacing Fields solves the issue completely.

Just say Fields played like ass today and they won despite his best efforts to help the Texans win. How he kept missing Kmet was really egregious. And he made it worse literally throwing into areas that had the most Texans. Not to mention his total lack of awareness in the pocket.

That said, I really don't think every week he's been the main problem. Last week and today were not good clearly.

Hopefully things will click and he'll get better.

My comment was about this game as I quoted him about this game.

I also said hopefully this is a Hurts situation so not giving up on him at all.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My comment was about this game as I quoted him about this game.

I also said hopefully this is a Hurts situation so not giving up on him at all.

In that case I'm in agreement. Given the bears spent the least amount of all teams we might just be seeing the Hurts situation. I'm keen to see what happens next season and hoping to see some incremental improvement this season.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I watched the Eagles game and Fields is every bit as talented as Jalen Hurts. Except Hurts has much better pass blocking and better weapons. Probably better play calling too.