Fields may have a concussion

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
all 11 men looked like they went through the motions on that play. completely defeated.

I think the team is ready to check out and some players already know they are gone. I’d be thinking about which beer to grab out of the fridge after getting home from this game. Mich Ultra, Corona Premier or Dasani water?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your right it's not an overreaction. It's incredibly naive to think you could insert QB prospect X, behind this offensive line, and expect some magically proficient passing attack.
It’s also incredibly naive to not expect your QB to hold the ball out from his body in the open field. It’s just not his day.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the team is ready to check out and some players already know they are gone. I’d be thinking about which beer to grab out of the fridge after getting home from this game. Mich Ultra, Corona Premier or Dasani water?
High Life.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
High Life.
Underrated beer.
Funny story. I handled the alcohol ordering for Jordan Hare Stadium and was working the Iron Bowl in 2017. Most college game days are about 16 to 18hour days. I needed a water at the end of the day and wasn’t paying attention, looked at what I finished drinking and it was a Mich Ultra. Water beer.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
If Caleb Williams were eligible this season. It would be a conversation worth entertaining. Fields would likely be QB1 in this draft class.
I think Young would be ahead of him.

Young is the only one that tempts me a bit. I'd roll the dice with Fields upside over Stroud.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The question is who is going to give us elite QB play for a decade. That's the question to answer.
That's not the question. The question is about where the help for our QB is going to come from. The Bears need a real #1 WR and probably 4 starting offensive linemen.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think Young would be ahead of him.

Young is the only one that tempts me a bit. I'd roll the dice with Fields upside over Stroud.
I think there are a few teams who would take young. Alot of teams still covet size at the position.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
That's not the question. The question is about where the help for our QB is going to come from. The Bears need a real #1 WR and probably 4 starting offensive linemen.
We absolutely need all those things, but once you have them is the QB able to execute at an elite level? For example, even if we had a #1 WR, I'm not convinced Fields would make the most of that player.

Fields makes plays that are the highest of highs, but he is very inconsistent when it comes to more basic execution that makes up a large portion of quarterbacking (e.g. short anticipation throws to keep the sticks moving).

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
It’s also incredibly naive to not expect your QB to hold the ball out from his body in the open field. It’s just not his day.

The fumble was bad, no question about it. The interception to end the half was equal parts terrible by Fields and a legitimately terrible play design.

I don't know how one could construct such a roster and expect anything positive to come from it. A line that can't block, a WR unit that doesn't get any separation or catch catchable passes and a QB that has zero faith in the supporting cast. Rather than end his season on a high note, they're leaving Fields out to dry.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The fumble was bad, no question about it. The interception to end the half was equal parts terrible by Fields and a legitimately terrible play design.

I don't know how one could construct such a roster and expect anything positive to come from it. A line that can't block, a WR unit that doesn't get any separation or catch catchable passes and a QB that has zero faith in the supporting cast. Rather than end his season on a high note, they're leaving Fields out to dry.

Yeah. I bet after this game they will come out and say that he does have a concussion. I’m turning it off. Going to get my yearly enema. Penicillin enema that is.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
And yet somehow next year the light switch will just turn on for Fields with more talent around him.

Won't happen.
Do you ever post something that isn’t eminently idiotic?

If it’s all scripted who’s to say they can’t have him improve?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Do you ever post something that isn’t eminently idiotic?

If it’s all scripted who’s to say they can’t have him improve?
Scripted or not Fields has to see an open guy to throw it, he has zero anticipation on his throws.

So far his entire pro career it's been an issue.

Like I've said before, which is worse, that he has those issues because it is scripted or that he just really can't throw with anticipation?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Close to 80% of QBs taken in the first round don’t play second contracts with their team. The meatball position is to assume your QB that has accomplished nothing after two years is special enough to not take a top QB prospect.

The question is whether or not a top QB prospect actually exists at 2.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Scripted or not Fields has to see an open guy to throw it, he has zero anticipation on his throws.

Like I've said before, which is worse, that he has those issues because it is scripted or that he just really can't throw with anticipation?
Who is open? You're just another no nothing dipshit who regurgitates the popular talking points by morons.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Close to 80% of QBs taken in the first round don’t play second contracts with their team. The meatball position is to assume your QB that has accomplished nothing after two years is special enough to not take a top QB prospect.

The question is whether or not a top QB prospect actually exists at 2.
Dont surround the QB with anything and expect him to thrive.
Doesnt thrive, so take another QB to put into the same position.

Sounds like a great idea, bearshomer.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

pocket collapsation