2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why would anybody listen to Chris Simms re: QB play? He was a god awful bad QB in the NFL...
So don't listen to most evaluators and coaches in any sport because most of them had modest success at best as a player? lol

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So don't listen to most evaluators and coaches in any sport because most of them had modest success at most as a player. lol
You must have been really successful if success is inversely proportional to knowledge

mecha

Liked Posts:
I want to know what Brady Quinn thinks.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why would anybody listen to Chris Simms re: QB play? He was a god awful bad QB in the NFL...
You can make your own decision on who to listen to or not, but there are many players who were not very good at their positions but were pretty good coaches and maybe scouts.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not angry at this ranking; Fields has to prove himself. But Chris Simms didn't even legitimately beat out Major Applewhite in college.

Liked Posts:
Not angry at this ranking; Fields has to prove himself. But Chris Simms didn't even legitimately beat out Major Applewhite in college.
I hear you Chris Simms wasn't much of a player, but his QB rankings going back to 2017 have been pretty good to be fair. He'll have some misses in his rankings, but who doesn't.

He's apologized for his criminal Fields ranking a year ago, can we forgive him and move forward? ?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I mean, he did rank Fields better than Trevor Lawrence (24) and Trey Lance (30), so he’s clearly taking a “prove it” approach with the young QBs. I’m no Simms fan, but it’s not like he’s just a hater.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I mean, he did rank Fields better than Trevor Lawrence (24) and Trey Lance (30), so he’s clearly taking a “prove it” approach with the young QBs. I’m no Simms fan, but it’s not like he’s just a hater.
I thought 23 was pretty generous and to me it says he probably thinks pretty highly of what he can be

msadows

Liked Posts:

He had fields 5th in his pre draft rankings, below Kellen Mond.

That I don't understand and never made sense. Doesn't take much scouting ability to notice Fields has much more tools than Kellen Mond.

Almost seems to me like he's just ranking one of the top prospects low every year to get publicity

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear you Chris Simms wasn't much of a player, but his QB rankings going back to 2017 have been pretty good to be fair. He'll have some misses in his rankings, but who doesn't.

He's apologized for his criminal Fields ranking a year ago, can we forgive him and move forward? ?
I don't dislike Chris Simms; actually I kinda enjoy his commentary. I don't even disagree with this particular ranking of Fields. Fields still has to prove himself, and it's okay to say that. I just called out his college battle with Applewhite to provide context on the implied assumption that he not making educated guesses just like the rest of us. Dan Orlovsky on the other hand I think just makes shit up (like when he said last year that Fields was a leave early guy, or however he phrased it.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought 23 was pretty generous and to me it says he probably thinks pretty highly of what he can be
And what he had to work with! In case you didn’t know Nagy being fired immediately makes this team better

Liked Posts:
I don't dislike Chris Simms; actually I kinda enjoy his commentary. I don't even disagree with this particular ranking of Fields. Fields still has to prove himself, and it's okay to say that. I just called out his college battle with Applewhite to provide context on the implied assumption that he not making educated guesses just like the rest of us. Dan Orlovsky on the other hand I think just makes shit up (like when he said last year that Fields was a leave early guy, or however he phrased it.
Yeah I agree with you & I'm gonna take it a step further...Chris Simms is the guy I listen to the most on QB draft rankings, he wont get them all right, but every year he gets on his soapbox for one QB & going back to 2017 he's tended to be correct. 2017 - Mahomes, 2018 - Allen, 2019 - Murray, 2020 - Herbert (didn't rank him 1, but did say he could play, when the rest of NFL media were saying he's a 2nd rd pick), 2021 let's see how Zach Wilson plays out.

That's why when he had Fields so low in his initial rankings it broke my heart. ?

I don't mine Dan Orlovsky tbf, but his Fields comment was some BS. I enjoyed his grovelling apologies the following day haha.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree with you & I'm gonna take it a step further...Chris Simms is the guy I listen to the most on QB draft rankings, he wont get them all right, but every year he gets on his soapbox for one QB & going back to 2017 he's tended to be correct. 2017 - Mahomes, 2018 - Allen, 2019 - Murray, 2020 - Herbert (didn't rank him 1, but did say he could play, when the rest of NFL media were saying he's a 2nd rd pick), 2021 let's see how Zach Wilson plays out.

That's why when he had Fields so low in his initial rankings it broke my heart. ?

I don't mine Dan Orlovsky tbf, but his Fields comment was some BS. I enjoyed his grovelling apologies the following day haha.
If Fields can stay healthy and the Bears can get some weapons, he will not disappoint; he's a rare talent. He's got it all: arm, accuracy, work-ethic, intelligence, leadership, and mobility. I think the reason the Bears were able to hire away Luke Getsy from the Packers has a lot to do with QB1.

I believe the 2022 season will be a tough one- our one hope for a respectable season (for both the offense and the defense) is the running game. But in 2023 the Bears are going to win 12 or 13 games.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
How good Fields is or isn't will be determined on gameday by his play, and not in May by what someone has to say.

No way Jose....

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read somewhere that Pederson has declared this year Trevor Lawrence's rookie season and basically said anything that happened under Urban Meyer doesn't count.

Whether Flus and company go public with it or not I hope that privately they have told Fields something similar. Not that he shouldn't show improvement this year but to take some pressure off him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears fan, Chris Simms sucks at QB. My opinion of Fields is more valid even though I never played above Varsity bench squad

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Made up or more likely IMO someone was giving him bad information and he took that one person at face value and spread that info without second sourcing it.
Still I think teams seriously considering drafting a QB early all would have done their due diligence and his comments shouldn't have effected anything outside of the media draft boards.
You only need to talk to a few players or coaches to find out if people showed up to his birthday party or not.