Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
I can’t get over how calm and collective he seems when he got his phone call and heard his name called with the 11th pick.
Is that just his demeanor or is he not really thrilled going to Chicago?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think it is a combo of a bit of stoic nature, a little bit of alcohol, and being a bit pissed that he fell. I actually thought he seemed relieved to be picked by Chicago.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
On top of him being pissed about falling, we only saw the 2nd reaction on tv after the Bears had already called him and told him they were drafting him, which was probably happening before ESPN and NFL TV even announced the trade as we saw the family come back into the living room a min or two later.

The actual pick announcement is like being told to act excited for your surprise birthday party that you already know about.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Look at all his pre-draft and post-draft interviews and the like. He's the exact same. He's not a media whore and doesn't appear to particularly enjoy the public song and dance. That's fine. More power to him. I don't buy that he was just pissed he fell to #11, although he may very well have been. In his eyes, he probably thought he deserved to go #1 or #2.

Now look at the videos of him interacting with teammates. Exuberant. Excited. Talkative. Encouraging.

I think it's pretty clear him interacting with the public and the media is very different from him interacting with his coaches and teammates.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
On top of him being pissed about falling, we only saw the 2nd reaction on tv after the Bears had already called him and told him they were drafting him, which was probably happening before ESPN and NFL TV even announced the trade as we saw the family come back into the living room a min or two later.

The actual pick announcement is like being told to act excited for your surprise birthday party that you already know about.
That video is out too.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields looks like a dude who knows the Bears have, essentially, never had a good franchise QB, and he has the next best chance to be that first one.

I don't know if he will live up to that challenge, but Fields at least seems to grasp the massive opportunity-challenge in front of him.

Any Bears rookie QB has the chance to become a legend, if they can get the franchise that 2nd ship.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
When they showed the empty room I knew they were taking him....they were celebrating in the other room. But yeah, he was pissed he wasn't the 2nd pick. I thought that was well known?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I tried to go back to Netflix to watch season 2 of QB1 Beyond the lights that Justin Fields was on but i couldn't find it on netflix. I watched the whole season probably about a year ago or so but i tried searching for it and nothing comes up besides one other season.

Anyway my point was he was a really laid back kid then as well and that was when he was still playing high school ball.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

That's what I thought too, I'm no psychologist though. Even if I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in the past.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Legit, one of the first words out of 17 year old justin fields mouth in "QB1" season 2:

"Being #1, I guess you could just say that its a blessing. Everyone looks up to you, not only your teammates, but the kids in the junior program so you really need to watch what you're doing to make sure you're a positive influence. I don't really like being a cocky guy, the guys that I see that are good, I feel like everyone likes the humble guys that are good."

He's been even keel since day one. This is a kid who's been raised right in the light of stardom.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I really recommend anyone who has questions about his personality to watch QB1. It's a fantastic series overall.

Kinda weird how anyone can watch season 2 of that show and have question marks about justin fields character...

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I think some fans are taking his reaction wrong. I'm sure he's excited about being a Bear, but you better believe he was pissed.

The idea of playing for the 49ers with a coach who has known him since high school, surrounded with a Super Bowl ready roster, after being coached by Ryan Day and John Beck who are both friends of Shanahan and even having a 2nd pro day at the request of the 49ers... it all seemed like fate. He knew he was going to be a 49er... until he wasn't.

Shanahan and Lynch have been running around playing games with the media and with these prospects as well. You better believe Fields is pissed, why do you think he said "theres been too much talking lately" after being drafted?

Fields will love being a Bear, but best believe he's using the draft as motivation. The last time he was that motivated was when Clemson beat OSU two years ago, Ryan Day talked about how much that loss bothered Fields. Well, we all saw what happened the next year.