?Fields Injury Update? - ✨️CLEARED TO START VS THE PACKERS✨️ ❕️❗️❕️❗️

mecha

Liked Posts:
Fields acts nothing like Cutler; from personality to how he is on the Field.

Cutler was a funny guy and we both died on that hill years ago (mainly cause it pissed people off immensely). watching Fields mic'd up the other day though I was like "what a difference". he's not just a special player, he's a tremendous human being too.

Patriots are a lost cause but I saw a lot of holes in the Vikings. they're gonna get murdered in the playoffs by a real team and it's going to be funny because they won't be good again for another 6 years.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler was a funny guy and we both died on that hill years ago (mainly cause it pissed people off immensely). watching Fields mic'd up the other day though I was like "what a difference". he's not just a special player, he's a tremendous human being too.

Patriots are a lost cause but I saw a lot of holes in the Vikings. they're gonna get murdered in the playoffs by a real team and it's going to be funny because they won't be good again for another 6 years.
Oh once teams double Jefferson, Cousins going right back to his ways

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We lost 6 games by one score. We also had 6 games where the D gave up 27 or more points.

We should have won against Commanders but Pettis and Mooney could not come down with TD balls. Should have won at Miami but refs failed to call PI and ESB dropped a great pass on 4th down. Should have won at Detroit and Atlanta. That would make us 7-4 right now.

So again your premise is wrong.
There was a bad call that wiped away a Fields TD run against the Vikings.

Plus the ISM strip/fumble on the final drive…

That game was winnable too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look, when the day arrives that Justin Fields is a premier passer in this league - I as a Bears fan - will completely admit it and move on.

That day hasn't happened yet.

I will open a thread "OFFICIAL *** BR was wrong about Fields" and take the beating. But Jay Cutler fooled a lot of us.

That post wasnt addressed to you. I dont care if you admit it or not as your doing so has zero impact on me or the Bears. In fact I almost prefer you don't as you are a constant source of chicken little entertainment.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh once teams double Jefferson, Cousins going right back to his ways

Happy Thanksgiving PiB but I totally disagree. Doubling Jefferson not the answer, they have other weapons. Blitz the guy you were going to double with instead. Cousins left alone is fantastic. Cousins under any sort of pressure is a disaster. The Eagles and Cowboys showed the league how to shut down the Vikings, and the rest of the league not listening. Blitz Blitz Blitz.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
More vortex strawman arguments from you, I never said the players weren't playing to win. I never said that there wasn't disappointed and frustration when they lost.

I said there is more pressure being on a playoff team. Everybody that has ever played any competitive sport knows this, when you are in contention and in a battle for a playoff spot, the pressure is higher vs you're on a bad team and you have 0 chance to win anything. Do you still want to win on on a bad team? Of course you do, is it frustrating when you don't? Again yes.. but that's irrelevant to what I said.

Fields also not caring about the fans is irrelevant, I never said anything about fields and the fans You are again trying the strawman vortex approach and as I said before that won't work.

The Bears would have thought they were a playoff caliber team as they were playing the games especially when they were losing games they felt they should have won. You are focused on their record. The point is their mindset would have been that they were playoff caliber.

I referenced the fans because you as a fan are trying to claim they had no pressure in that regard because it is a rebuild. My point is that is something dumb fans think. The players do not think like that. You still dont get it.

At the end of the day, playing QB is a lot easier when you D leads the NFL in scoring and takeways. Not only are they giving up just 17.7 points they are giving you 2.2 takeaways a game.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
That post wasnt addressed to you. I dont care if you admit it or not as your doing so has zero impact on me or the Bears. In fact I almost prefer you don't as you are a constant source of chicken little entertainment.
Very well then. I've put you on my ignore list. I expect you won't be like the other Beckys and cry about it for weeks. All the same to me.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The Bears would have thought they were a playoff caliber team as they were playing the games especially when they were losing games they felt they should have won. You are focused on their record. The point is their mindset would have been that they were playoff caliber.

I referenced the fans because you as a fan are trying to claim they had no pressure in that regard because it is a rebuild. My point is that is something dumb fans think. The players do not think like that. You still dont get it.

At the end of the day, playing QB is a lot easier when you D leads the NFL in scoring and takeways. Not only are they giving up just 17.7 points they are giving you 2.2 takeaways a game.
A 3-8 team does not have the pressure of making the playoffs, only in the realm of the Remy vortex can you try and make that claim lol

Was there pressure in the beginning of the year because they didn't know how bad of a team they where? Sure every team had that, but as I said before, in your quest to defend Fields all you have shown is when the pressure is on Fields plays like a potential Bust.. not a good strategy on your part to defend him.. but that's the problem when you go full vortex. Your logic goes out the window..

Furthermore early in the year the pressure is not as high because you still have a lot of games left so dropping a game early is not the same pressure as playing late in the year, when you are actually fighting for a playoff spot. The relief you feel when you have secured a playoff spot is big, of course the pressure comes back twice is bad when you actually are playing in a playoff game.. You don't understand this because all you have played is a glorified flag football that you tried claiming was semi pro..

Bottom line here Remy you made a stupid point about "pressure" and now you're full vortex trying everything in your power to vortex out of it.. it's OK to say you're wrong, or min just drop it.. it's a stupid point, you really going to die on that hill?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A 3-8 team does not have the pressure of making the playoffs, only in the realm of the Remy vortex can you try and make that claim lol

Was there pressure in the beginning of the year because they didn't know how bad of a team they where? Sure every team had that, but as I said before, in your quest to defend Fields all you have shown is when the pressure is on Fields plays like a potential Bust.. not a good strategy on your part to defend him.. but that's the problem when you go full vortex. Your logic goes out the window..

Furthermore early in the year the pressure is not as high because you still have a lot of games left so dropping a game early is not the same pressure as playing late in the year, when you are actually fighting for a playoff spot. The relief you feel when you have secured a playoff spot is big, of course the pressure comes back twice is bad when you actually are playing in a playoff game.. You don't understand this because all you have played is a glorified flag football that you tried claiming was semi pro..

Bottom line here Remy you made a stupid point about "pressure" and now you're full vortex trying everything in your power to vortex out of it.. it's OK to say you're wrong, or min just drop it.. it's a stupid point, you really going to die on that hill?
I’m not remy but I’m jumping in. One Remy never claimed that a 3-8 team has more pressure of making the playoffs, YOU keep saying that. He said that Fields said he puts pressure on himself and that’s definitely true. He’s out here trying to play against the jets while clearly hurt and he also has the pressure of being a great QB.

Only a few meatballs thought Fields was in bust territory and of course you are one of them . Even now you’re calling him one despite all evidence showing he is a special player. You’re bias and refuse to acknowledge it

Of course securing a spot in the playoffs takes pressure off the players but again y’all’s original argument wasn’t about that. It was about Mitch not having to put up that many points because he was on a good team. When it was time for him to step up in the playoffs, he shit the bed and yet you still defended him.

Bottom line is you created this argument and still got beat and it’s embarrassing

Canth

Liked Posts:
I would also like to add one thing about this weird "pressure" argument. There is pressure on the players just to play in the NFL. There is the pressure that comes with playoff expectations for sure. But for the losing teams, there is also pressure on the players to show that they belong in the NFL. They are playing for their careers and that is definitely a real pressure and in some ways I am sure it is just as bad as playoff pressure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very well then. I've put you on my ignore list. I expect you won't be like the other Beckys and cry about it for weeks. All the same to me.

That won't change anything. You tend to ignore any real critique of your arguments anyway so at least I will now know that it is because you haven't read them vs scurrying of and hiding anytime your flawed logic is exposed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Bears started 0-0 and certainly felt they could compete. I know this for a fact because they said as much especially after beating the Niners. You are approaching things from a position of bias as you imagine this is about defending Fields. I have no need to defend Fields. I am explaining the reality of the situation. Whether that leads you to conclude Fields is a bust matters not to me because your opinion has zero impact on reality. You and @Black Rainbow have inflated egos where you think people care whether you defined Fields as a bust or not. You have a subjective opinion which you are entitled to have. My only aim here is to point out that subjective opinion is not consistent with reality.

The reality is Fields felt pressure to win for those guys in the locker room and the reality is having a shitty Defense made that more difficult than it was in 2018 for Trubisky. I deal in hard numbers. The hard numbers are a No 1 scoring defense that also leads the league in turnovers makes a QB's job easier. That is fact. Your subjective opinion on playoff pressure is just that subjective. You have no evidence to back it up beyond "because you said so." What data can you point to? What quotes from Trubisky where he said having a No 1 scoring and takeaway D put more pressure on him not less?

Again you are just making up shit. I am going with the numbers. As a matter of objective fact and math, it is easier to outscore a team if they are being held to 17.7 points per game and your D is forcing 2.2 turnovers vs if they are being held to 24.9 points a game and your D is forcing 1.4 turnovers. There is no subjective opinion in there. I don't need to pretend I know how much pressure Fields or Trubisky feel because of the playoffs. What I can say with 100% certainty is that giving up 24.9 points is worse than 17.7 and forcing 1.4 turnovers is worse than 2.2.

So unless you have some data or evidence beyond "because you said so", there is no reason to continue. I am dealing in objective reality and you are peddling your subjective opinion on playoff pressure.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A real D will have Cousins close his eyes to throw as usual. Guy is so accurate until he feels uncomfortable.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Has anyone cried about having been put on BRs ignore list, LOL. Stomps off with a groundless rant. Calls the other posters Becky.
:cutty:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Myself, I won't be fooled again. I have no problem saying I'm wrong about Fields...when he proves to be a good passer in a passing league. Cutler got me the first few years. I will not cheerlead a running QB because I firmly believe it is unsustainable in the modern NFL.

I see a lot of posters turning on their principles because Fields plays for the Chicago Bears. I have heard on this very forum multiple times before Fields got here how the NFL is a passing league and we need to get with the times.

...but here we are arguing why a running QB is elite...?
Yet you didn't allow other posters to wait for Mitch's 3rd year to declare.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol how can it be wrong that a 3-8 team is not putting playoff pressure on a young QB vs a 8-3 team back in 2018?

And you sure you want to make the point that in the beginning of the year either team didn't know how good/bad they where? That's when Fields was labeled a potential Bust.. that's not a good argument in favor of Fields you know.

Bottom line here Remy you brought up the whole "pressure" argument not me. Is it a stupid argument comparing how much less pressure Mitch had because of the D vs how much less Fields has because of the run game or playoff pressure? Yes it's stupid, which is why I said just stop with it in my first reply.. but again, it's your argument not mine
Pressure or true competitiveness comes from within. With less help, Fields takes on more responsibility and thereby more pressure to make something happen but fuck pressure. A good pro doesn't buckle under it anyway.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Is Getsy sleeping at field level?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@remydat cant beat my record on being on BRs ignore list though.

Last edited: