?Fields Injury Update? - ✨️CLEARED TO START VS THE PACKERS✨️ ❕️❗️❕️❗️

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
no he wasnt, he was saying Mitch had less "internal" pressure because the Bears D kept the other teams score down so Mitch felt less pressure to score as much.

Nope. In psychological terms, you are confusing whether something external ie the Bears D increases or decreases pressure vs a person's internal pressure ie the pressure they put on themselves. When I said Mitch had less pressure because of a great D that was a comment on the external pressure he faced as a result of that D. That has nothing to do with the internal pressure Mitch put on himself hence why I said I was not trying to get into his or Justin's head because Mitch never told me about his internal pressure or if he did I certainly don't remember it. So all I can comment on is that a No 1 D clearly should reduce the amount of external pressure. If a D gives up 0 points then that creates less pressure than if they give up 40 points because the player needs less points to score.

That is contrasted with your discussing playoff pressure. My point to you there was that regardless of your opinion on a rebuild as a fan(ie external pressure), it is clear from Fields statements that he puts internal pressure on himself to win. It is clearly you don't have any real knowledge in this year. Your problem is you suggested Fields had no pressure (either external or internal) with regard to making the playoffs which is false. He may have had no external pressure from fans who weren't concerned about winning but he clearly had internal pressure from his own sense of obligation to his teammates to win.

Perhaps you should do some reading and you would understand the distinction here. You are woefully ignorant on the subject. At no point did I claim to know what Mitch felt (ie his internal pressure). I stated external pressures ie the effect of a great D. I did claim to know what internal pressure Fields felt but that is because Fields told us all about the pressure he puts on himself to win. Hence why I asked you about quotes or data to back up your claims. Anything I have said I either have presented the data to prove the external pressure or the quotes form Fields himself to prove the internal pressure. You stupidly and arrogantly declared you knew for a fact Fields had NO PRESSURE in that regard but you have offered no proof of that and it directly contradicts what Fields himself said.

Now I imagine all of the above is beyond your level of intelligence so you will continue to rant and rave because this is like trying to explain physics to a cave man.

mecha

Liked Posts:
no we still have another 10+ pages before we start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
you could just like, you know, fucking stop now.

remy doesn't have a gun to your head saying you need to debate endlessly. it's why I don't debate people here. I was actually out for Thanksgiving, so I don't really know how long this horseshit has gone on but if you spent the entire holiday going around in circles, you're a weirdo.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes I said that Mitch was not good enough because he isnt, he is currently a back up QB.. are you trying to now vortex the argument that the 2nd overall pick that is a back up now is "good enough" lol Remy you are something else..

Yes I did say that Mitches 2018 (year 2) was better then Fields year 2.. (because he was)

But what I never said was people where down on Mitch in year 2, You trying to argue a point I never said is a strawman argument.

Again Remy its ok to just say you're wrong and move on here..

But the problem was that you did not reference the years that he was not good enough. You referenced his stats from the year where he actually played well. So it is a disingenuous argument. If you want to claim someone was not good enough then the comparison should be to the years in which they actually regressed or sucked.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yes I did say that Mitches 2018 (year 2) was better then Fields year 2.. (because he was)

naw. everyone knows the 2018 team was carried by the defense. They were playing at a historic level. It was that dominant.

Mitch was still "just a guy" on the field. Fields has the potential to become "the guy"

i do realize looking at just "stats" can make one foggy tho. Am sure the 2020 houston texan fans were fooled as well back in the day. DeShaun Watson that year threw for 33tds and 7picks. Almost 5,000 yards passing (most of which were 4th quarter stat pads in games already decided). That 2020 Texans team won 4 games, lol.

MITCH WHO???

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

remy doesn't have a gun to your head saying you need to debate endlessly. it's why I don't debate people here. I was actually out for Thanksgiving, so I don't really know how long this horseshit has gone on but if you spent the entire holiday going around in circles, you're a weirdo.

For the record, I don't live in the US anymore so Thanksgiving is not a holiday for me. I had to work just like any other day.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

And I dont have one to his, also there is no gun to yours as well so If you dont want to read this thread you can always you know not read it..

mecha

Liked Posts:
And I dont have one to his, also there is no gun to yours as well so If you dont want to read this thread you can always you know not read it..
had no intentions of reading some nerd circle jerk. thanks

Canth

Liked Posts:
2018 Mitch seemed to have eyes in the back of his head to avoid a rush. How he went from that to sitting duck is baffling and I suspect Nagy had some influence. He didn't deserve a Pro Bowl but you still don't go there if you sucked.
The hit where he got hurt vs the Vikings changed Mitch and how much he was willing to run. And yeah, Nagy never did figure out how to cater to any of his qb's strengths.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The hit where he got hurt vs the Vikings changed Mitch and how much he was willing to run. And yeah, Nagy never did figure out how to cater to any of his qb's strengths.

Yes, Mitch became scared after that QB hit IMO. Much of his value in 2018 was his running as he ran for a lot of first downs on 3rd down much like Fields. Yet another difference between he and Fields. I don't see Fields as someone who is going to stop running if that gives his team the best chance at getting a first.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How was Mitch’s year 2 better than Fields year 2 when Fields isn’t done yet and is on pace to have more TDs than Mitch? Mitch had 27 total TDs while Fields has 20. Mitch will only have a leg up on passing yards and turnovers and that was with the far superior team lol

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nope. In psychological terms, you are confusing whether something external ie the Bears D increases or decreases pressure vs a person's internal pressure ie the pressure they put on themselves. When I said Mitch had less pressure because of a great D that was a comment on the external pressure he faced as a result of that D. That has nothing to do with the internal pressure Mitch put on himself hence why I said I was not trying to get into his or Justin's head because Mitch never told me about his internal pressure or if he did I certainly don't remember it. So all I can comment on is that a No 1 D clearly should reduce the amount of external pressure. If a D gives up 0 points then that creates less pressure than if they give up 40 points because the player needs less points to score.

That is contrasted with your discussing playoff pressure. My point to you there was that regardless of your opinion on a rebuild as a fan(ie external pressure), it is clear from Fields statements that he puts internal pressure on himself to win. It is clearly you don't have any real knowledge in this year. Your problem is you suggested Fields had no pressure (either external or internal) with regard to making the playoffs which is false. He may have had no external pressure from fans who weren't concerned about winning but he clearly had internal pressure from his own sense of obligation to his teammates to win.

Perhaps you should do some reading and you would understand the distinction here. You are woefully ignorant on the subject. At no point did I claim to know what Mitch felt (ie his internal pressure). I stated external pressures ie the effect of a great D. I did claim to know what internal pressure Fields felt but that is because Fields told us all about the pressure he puts on himself to win. Hence why I asked you about quotes or data to back up your claims. Anything I have said I either have presented the data to prove the external pressure or the quotes form Fields himself to prove the internal pressure. You stupidly and arrogantly declared you knew for a fact Fields had NO PRESSURE in that regard but you have offered no proof of that and it directly contradicts what Fields himself said.

Now I imagine all of the above is beyond your level of intelligence so you will continue to rant and rave because this is like trying to explain physics to a cave man.
well I was replying to what Bearly said with talking about the pressure from a D, as in opposing D pressure to sack you. Unless I'm misunderstanding what he was saying he was under then impression that was the pressure you where talking about. And thats not what you where talking about, you where talking about the Bears D taking pressure off of the Offense because they need to score less points.

Also the only logical definition based on your link is actually internal pressure and not external.

Your link lists external pressure as..
External pressure occurs when you feel coerced by external forces, like fear of punishment or obsession with attaining rewards, to do your job a certain way.

Hmm that definition does not fit with what the Bears D was doing. How does the Bears D have anyting to do with "punishment" for the offense?

The other definition is..

Internal pressure exists when your performance at work is driven by feelings of obligation, instead of excitement. Internal pressure can make successes and failures feel like reflections of your worth.

So thanks to the Bears D his "obligation" is less (has to score less points)..

Sorry Remy based on your statment "vastly superior D that took loads of pressure off of him" the only logical conclusion of that statment is internal pressure..

Sorry Remy your attempt to vortex has failed again

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yes, Mitch became scared after that QB hit IMO. Much of his value in 2018 was his running as he ran for a lot of first downs on 3rd down much like Fields. Yet another difference between he and Fields. I don't see Fields as someone who is going to stop running if that gives his team the best chance at getting a first.
IMO, the missed FG also broke Nagy. I think he convinced himself the biggest thing wrong with the team was the kicker and they had that crazy kicking competition that seemed to be the entire offseason story. He and the coaching staff didn't develop Mitch and they didn't play to his strengths at all. They set the tone for that season and everything after when they had a seriously strong defensive performance vs GB to open the season and he tried to have Trubisky out throw Rodgers.

That reminds me a bit of the Superbowl when Ron Turner thought it was a brilliant idea in crappy field conditions to try and have Rex Grossman out throw Peyton Manning. IMO, it was the Colts running game that won that Superbowl for them and Manning got MVP just because he was the starting qb of the winning team and his name recognition.

I will give Eberflus and Getsy credit there. They have never abandoned the run this season, although I think they have been way too conservative many times. That consistency has helped to settle the team and offense and helped to keep the games close and give themselves a chance. I just hope they are smart enough to sit Fields this week. There is no reason to risk him vs a strong Jets defense.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If they play him Sunday, this is the worst organization ever. What is there to gain? This is the rare year where you could draft #1 and get away with it because the fan base is still stunned at Fields recent play and the thought of Fields as a franchise QB.

They could get the #1 pick for the time in forever, trade back for the best OL/WR prospect in the draft and pocket 2 additional first round picks and a 2nd.

Next year is a leap year into wildcard contention

2024 they go 14-3 and win it all

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Do you know what a strawman argument is, or nah?
Yes its when someone misrepresnets, or fabricates someones argument or statement, and then argues against that fabrication.

For instance creating a false argument based on "people where down on Mitch in 2018" when that was never said.

Now that you understand about strawman arguments do you want a lesson on how to quote? you seem to have really fucked that up a bit..

Bust

Liked Posts:
If they play him Sunday, this is the worst organization ever. What is there to gain?

Bingo. Yes rest him one week and set him up with 2 weeks rest for the Packers.