Fields took a BIG step forward today

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
There were 3 drops by receivers on perfectly placed balls. He finished with 208 yards passing, 1 TD, 47 yds rushing and had a 50+ yd run called back. The counting stats were there if his supporting cast wasn't the worst in the league.
This is why last week i said JF gets a pass this season. He is surrounded by utter garbage. Pettis and #17 should be cut. If they make catches and get out of bounds JF probably throws for 300 yards today but the haters on here dont want to talk about any of that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is why last week i said JF gets a pass this season. He is surrounded by utter garbage. Pettis and #17 should be cut. If they make catches and get out of bounds JF probably throws for 300 yards today but the haters on here dont want to talk about any of that.

Who's hating today? He played great. I don't think I've seen anyone say otherwise.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If these are the plays I am thinking of, I think Mooney rounded his route and was late out of break on the first one.

Think the 2nd one he was scrambling and couldnt see Mooney get open initially.
Yep. He was throwing that to the front pylon , Mooney needs to cut.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The second one would have been an amazing throw and catch he was throwing off one foot

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't win games. That is his job. Bad D is helped by a QB that puts up points.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
He played better and showed off more of his raw skills, but with such limited passing attempts he’s continuing to develop slowly. The team needs to know by the end of the season what they truly got. Holding back with him won’t give you that answer. And there’s a good chance we are a top 3 draft pick with a chance at a top QB prospect.

UpstateNY

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My thoughts on the two to Mooney:

On the one in the first quarter it was a good throw by Fields. Mooney was late and sloppy out of the break as others said. Best thing is JF threw before Mooney was open. That’s been his biggest issue since college. Needing to see receivers open before throwing. So good play there.

The second was just a bit late. Smith made a great play. If JF threw that a half second sooner maybe it’s a TD but he was under a lot of pressure and I think he threw the ball pretty much exactly where it needed to be.

Overall, this game is exactly what I wanted to see as a fan. JF played well. Mooney and Kmet making plays. It gives hope that with more talent on this roster they could compete. Playing well and progressing and loosing isn’t so bad. We need more talent and high draft picks will help along with cap space.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played better and showed off more of his raw skills, but with such limited passing attempts he’s continuing to develop slowly. The team needs to know by the end of the season what they truly got. Holding back with him won’t give you that answer. And there’s a good chance we are a top 3 draft pick with a chance at a top QB prospect.
He had + 20 attempts with scrambles and one sack I believe. Can’t get to other team of the field isn’t his fault.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Also noticeable Monty being back and Fields looks a bit better.

I don't know I'm just joining in an making shit up to make myself feel clever.

Bears lost, but people feel better about a better showing from Fields. Not all bad.
The Bears lost but in the first quarter the team was probably written off by 99.9% of Bears fans. It was a great team effort to come back and take the lead. Halftime adjustments are finally being made and actually work. It was way better than last week’s debacle

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No he does not get a pass. You can still evaluate him based on what he is doing. If he makes the correct read and the WR drops the ball then that's on the WR. But when he does not make the correct read or he holds onto the ball to long, miss guys etc.. that's on him and you absolutely need to evaluate him this year.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
No he does not get a pass. You can still evaluate him based on what he is doing. If he makes the correct read and the WR drops the ball then that's on the WR. But when he does not make the correct read or he holds onto the ball to long, miss guys etc.. that's on him and you absolutely need to evaluate him this year.

Wtf are you even complaining about? Please point to the instances where he held onto the ball too long today or made the wrong read?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Wtf are you even complaining about? Please point to the instances where he held onto the ball too long today or made the wrong read?

Wtf are you talking about? I was talking to someone about evaluating him this YEAR. You do know that a year is longer then just 1 game right? Well probably not.. so just so you know, a year is longer then just one game.