Fields vs Bengals Review

Canth

Liked Posts:
He had to hand fight and adjust his path to make it catchable. A lot of lesser WRs don't get to that spot.

Was it a catchable ball? Yes it was. Was it an easy catch? Not in my eyes.
For the amount of money that Arob is being paid, and even more for how much he -wants- to get paid. He has to make those sorts of catches.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm actually talking about both. On both plays it's not like Chidobe Awuzie was making it easy. The jump ball was highly contested and on the throw that went through ARob's breadbasket he was hand fighting him at the top of the route and ARob had to bend the route in a bit so it could be on his body.

I totally think he could have caught the second ball, but to call it an 'easy' catch is a bit much. Awuzie is a physical corner who does make WRs work for their catches. ARob could have done better, but let's give a tiny bit of credit to the defender, who did a decent job at making things hard.

The 2nd one is officially noted as a drop which means it was deemed to be a ball he should catch. You can't excuse a ball literally go thru both you hands like that. That was just fucking terrible.

The first one was not although I think the problem on the first is ARob did not elevate well at all. In the end they are both plays you better make if you want 20m a year.

This is inexcusable.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The 2nd one is officially noted as a drop which means it was deemed to be a ball he should catch. You can't excuse a ball literally go thru both you hands like that. That was just fucking terrible.

The first one was not although I think the problem on the first is ARob did not elevate well at all. In the end they are both plays you better make if you want 20m a year.

This is inexcusable.

I still think it's a harder catch then you guys are making it out to be. I've played some decent level WR and he did a lot of really good stuff at the top of his route to get in that position. This isn't some lazy drop. He worked his butt off to get in that position, which unfortunately didn't end in a TD.

You guys are acting as if he just stopped running and pretended it was uncatchable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I still think it's a harder catch then you guys are making it out to be. I've played some decent level WR and he did a lot of really good stuff at the top of his route to get in that position. This isn't some lazy drop. He worked his butt off to get in that position, which unfortunately didn't end in a TD.

You guys are acting as if he just stopped running and pretended it was uncatchable.
No one said it was a lazy drop. We said it was a drop and should have been caught. Professional WRs are supposed to make that catch.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Thanks Remy, always like your break downs.

He did not look like an experienced vet, obviously, but he also did not look like he was flustered by the mistakes...

Bust

Liked Posts:

Arob's criticism date back to last year so this one is magnified cause it happened at a big moment of the game. He lost a lot of one on one balls last year . . .