Fields vs Titans

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sack 1 - While his OL did not help him, with the Titans up on the line, if he quickly steps up in the pocket and let the outside rushers rush past him he can take a shot deep to the WR at the top of the screen as it is one on one. Fields has to read the rush a bit better here and step up faster especially when the Titans are crowding the line at this. Perhaps if it is ARob at the top of the screen he back shoulders this.

Pass 1 - No idea why Fields throws this. He has all the time in the world and this is a short route. He initially moved off Horstead but given the time he had if he had looked back to him, Horstead was wide up for 6 yards or so. This is where I sometimes feel like Fields is rushing himself when he doesn't have to.

Pass 2 - Not complaints here as nice angled throw.

Pass 3 - Bears still suck ass on screens. Nothing new.

Pass 4 - Easy throw and catch here.

Pass 5 - This is another one where I am not sure why Fields is throwing so short with all the time in the world. He has Herbert wide open over the middle and doesn't even check the deeper routes.

Run 1 - Nice escape from the rush but really no chance to scramble for the first. I would prefer after he clears the rush to stay behind the LoS as long as possible and give a WRs a chance to get open instead of rushing for 8 yards just to punt.

Pass 6 - Fields is a hair late on this throw which is part of the reason the WR doesn't get his 2nd foot down. However, ARob likely makes this catch in bounds but this is one where Fields needs to anticipate a bit more.

Pass 7 - Nice throw and catch.

Pass 8 - Nice dump-off but Herbert can't catch it.

Run 2 - Nice scramble for positive yards.

Pass 9 - Nice throw and catch.

Pass 10 - Fields pulls a Wilson or Mahomes and makes a play than only the elite mobile QBs can make.

Note - The PI was missing from this but thought it was a great read and throw from Fields as he has one on one and the defender has his backed turned running for dear life.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All in all there is still a bit of hesitation in his game. He is a bit waiting for a WR to break rather than anticipating the break and getting it out a bit early. He will be able to overcame that more often than not but I felt it hurt him a bit on the sack and the 4th down play out of bounds where an earlier throw gives the WR a better chance.

He is easily the most talented Bears QB I have seen and these are things he can clean up on but it may do him good to see how Dalton throws with anticipation in the regular season. That and to watch the zone defenses that will dominant the regular season as he saw mostly man in preseason.

If I had to guess I will stick to my timetable of him coming on in relief during the Browns game and then starting Week 4 against Detroit.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Biggest takeaway — the kid has ice water in his veins.

How many times have we seen Mitch or Nick or whomever else we have had back there, first pass play get sacked and become shell shocked? They play “in retreat” the rest of the game.

Not this kid. You can’t shake him. He will fight it off and fight back. That is the stuff of leaders and champions.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
The funny thing about the 4th down throw was it was third down bc of a penalty but the incompetent broadcast didnt know that

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only bad throw I counted was on that first series, same not sure why he didn't go to Jesper. The 4th down conversion was a money throw, should have been caught Adams mistimed the jump.

JF has that ability to put the exact amount of touch on a ball all over the place, exciting stuff.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Sack 1 - While his OL did not help him, with the Titans up on the line, if he quickly steps up in the pocket and let the outside rushers rush past him he can take a shot deep to the WR at the top of the screen as it is one on one. Fields has to read the rush a bit better here and step up faster especially when the Titans are crowding the line at this. Perhaps if it is ARob at the top of the screen he back shoulders this.

Pass 1 - No idea why Fields throws this. He has all the time in the world and this is a short route. He initially moved off Horstead but given the time he had if he had looked back to him, Horstead was wide up for 6 yards or so. This is where I sometimes feel like Fields is rushing himself when he doesn't have to.

Pass 5 - This is another one where I am not sure why Fields is throwing so short with all the time in the world. He has Herbert wide open over the middle and doesn't even check the deeper routes.

Run 1 - Nice escape from the rush but really no chance to scramble for the first. I would prefer after he clears the rush to stay behind the LoS as long as possible and give a WRs a chance to get open instead of rushing for 8 yards just to punt.

Pass 6 - Fields is a hair late on this throw which is part of the reason the WR doesn't get his 2nd foot down. However, ARob likely makes this catch in bounds but this is one where Fields needs to anticipate a bit more.

Pass 10 - Fields pulls a Wilson or Mahomes and makes a play than only the elite mobile QBs can make.

Note - The PI was missing from this but thought it was a great read and throw from Fields as he has one on one and the defender has his backed turned running for dear life.
Fields run was on 2nd down and the throw to adams was 3rd down. Therefore the run actually made it a manageable 3rd

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I think he just needs to play more. Looks like once he gets going, that's where the magic begins.

Its why I say start him now. Let's get through the bumps now, so he finds his groove sooner.

He has something in him that stays in it and continues to fight no matter how bad it is going —— and all it takes is a few plays to turn a whole game around. That sort of backs up your argument that he just needs to play…. no matter the growing pains of being a Rookie — if given time, he appears to be one of those guys that will usually find a way to get a W.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields run was on 2nd down and the throw to adams was 3rd down. Therefore the run actually made it a manageable 3rd
Yeah forgot the broadcast screwed that up. Still would like to see him wait a bit to see if something is going to come open or see if the D tries to close him down but yeah not as bad as if it were really 3rd down.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I think he just needs to play more. Looks like once he gets going, that's where the magic begins.

Its why I say start him now. Let's get through the bumps now, so he finds his groove sooner.

And build chemistry <timing, route running, etc.> with the same targets. All the first string weapons on offense pretty much sat out all of preseason. Kmet, Mooney, Robinson and Monty.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah forgot the broadcast screwed that up. Still would like to see him wait a bit to see if something is going to come open or see if the D tries to close him down but yeah not as bad as if it were really 3rd down.
I’m enjoying that fact Fields doesn’t immediately take off

house23

Liked Posts:

JFC so we're going to do to Fields like we did Mitch. Dissect and nitpick every single thing he does? ??

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
He has something in him that stays in it and continues to fight no matter how bad it is going —— and all it takes is a few plays to turn a whole game around. That sort of backs up your argument that he just needs to play…. no matter the growing pains of being a Rookie — if given time, he appears to be one of those guys that will usually find a way to get a W.
Exactly.

I get people see a bad O-Line, I do too. But I guess I'd rather see Fields make some special plays and maybe have a shot to win that Rams game, over Dalton just getting the shit kicked out of him. I don't hate Dalton, I just hate that Nagy is pushing the clear lesser QB to be the starter.

And if I'm seeing that, the rest of the team is seeing that. If Stafford pulls what MItch did to the team last week, and Dalton is bland as he was, the rest of the team is gonna start turning on Baldy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JFC so we're going to do to Fields like we did Mitch. Dissect and nitpick every single thing he does? ??

Yes. QBs get dissected and picked apart. Is this the first time you are watching the NFL.

Also not nitpicking. I am discussing the development of the rookie franchise QB because it is discussion worthy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

I get people see a bad O-Line, I do too. But I guess I'd rather see Fields make some special plays and maybe have a shot to win that Rams game, over Dalton just getting the shit kicked out of him. I don't hate Dalton, I just hate that Nagy is pushing the clear lesser QB to be the starter.

And if I'm seeing that, the rest of the team is seeing that. If Stafford pulls what MItch did to the team last week, and Dalton is bland as he was, the rest of the team is gonna start turning on Baldy.

The players and coaches are also seeing what is going on in practice. In the end, the truth will be revealed shortly.

Dalton will prove Bears been holding back in preseason or that he sucks.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Herbert can't catch that's why he avoids throwing to him tbh. No h8 I like Herbert but he's a J-How clone.

If Fields doesn't get the start then they HAVE to have a Fields package where they get him on the field and give him some play. He's a weapon after all, so why not use him?