Fields was better today

weaponx24

DA BEARS!
Liked Posts:
The playcalling was atrocious. They did nothing to slow down the pass rush. There were a few times I saw Fields take off and run when he had a wide open receiver running down the seam. Not sure if he didn’t make it that far into the progression due to pressure or what but t would have been a chunk play.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The playcalling was atrocious. They did nothing to slow down the pass rush. There were a few times I saw Fields take off and run when he had a wide open receiver running down the seam. Not sure if he didn’t make it that far into the progression due to pressure or what but t would have been a chunk play.
Oh I agree. Terrible game plan. But it’s 4 games in his first year. To fire someone that quick is nuts.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't. I remember he missed mooney on a seam, and cold cement for what would have been 3-4 yards if he caught it. Would like to see any replays where he missed multiple times. People keep saying that and then don't follow up.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah i saw things i liked today other than fields not being able to complete a screen (still) and defense barely adjusting in first half. I wasn’t expecting a ton of success this year

alswank87

Liked Posts:
If we fire a coach after four games, no good coaches will want to come here.

Fields looked better, but he’s got a lot more work to do. Hopefully he can build on it.

mecha

Liked Posts:
We are in a sad state of affairs if a 160 yard passing game with 0 TD's and < 50% completion % is something to note as an improvement.
would you prefer 90 yards and 2 touchdowns?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He has a long way to go. But he was better. I just don't understand the calling for coaches to be fired 4 games into a rebuilding year. That is just crazy. We have to be patient. What were you all expecting?
Maybe an offense that wasn’t statistically the worst in the last half century of the NFL?

BigTom

Liked Posts:
He was still trash this game. Its just his last game was such a dumpster fire of hot garbage that trash is an improvement.

He refuses to throw the ball unless he sees the receiver wide open. And thats if he even sees the wide open receiver.

He doesn't seem to have a clue how to read a defense. The next time he's shown on the sideline looking at the iPad to figure out what's going on like every other qb in the league will be the first. He probably doesn't look because he doesn't understand what he's looking at anyways. At one point they showed Simien next to him with the iPad and Fields looked like he was ignoring him. All he ever does is sit by himself spacing out when the defense is on the field.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm really beginning to feel sorry for these Bustin fans. Whereas the rest of us have already accepted it and moved on, these poor guys are being killed at straight-up IV drip level, week after week. It's gotta be rough.
Here's your attention that you need. Can you fuck off for a week now?

jc456

Liked Posts:
He has a long way to go. But he was better. I just don't understand the calling for coaches to be fired 4 games into a rebuilding year. That is just crazy. We have to be patient. What were you all expecting?
You didn’t post that with a straight face

Bust

Liked Posts:

Justin is the black version of Tim Tebow . . . nothing moar nothing less

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was still trash this game. Its just his last game was such a dumpster fire of hot garbage that trash is an improvement.

He refuses to throw the ball unless he sees the receiver wide open. And thats if he even sees the wide open receiver.
You're wrong, Fat Tom. 6 sacks. Horrible oline play. Horrible playcalling. Dropped passes. Fields didn't have much of an impact, but he was far from the worst thing on offense.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't. I remember he missed mooney on a seam, and cold cement for what would have been 3-4 yards if he caught it. Would like to see any replays where he missed multiple times. People keep saying that and then don't follow up.
Kmet caught all 3 of his targets? I was streaming so maybe I missed it.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
You're wrong, Fat Tom. 6 sacks. Horrible oline play. Horrible playcalling. Dropped passes. Fields didn't have much of an impact, but he was far from the worst thing on offense.
I've seen great QB's handle all of the above. There was a season when Rodgers was constantly running for his life because he had no OL, and his WRs were dropping passes left and right. Dude still got his job done.

You guys need to let this go. Bustin is a joke, and it's time to move on.