Fields was better today

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He has a long way to go. But he was better. I just don't understand the calling for coaches to be fired 4 games into a rebuilding year. That is just crazy. We have to be patient. What were you all expecting?

That's how it is with a lot of bears fans. They can be the most rational people in the world and the second the games start that all goes out the window ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's your attention that you need. Can you fuck off for a week now?

I mean 100%.

I wonder how many eagles fans were calling Jalen hurts a bust the first two years of his career?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I mean 100%.

I wonder how many eagles fans were calling Jalen hurts a bust the first two years of his career?

You're doing no favors to Fields comparing him to Hurts. Hurts only started 4 games his rookie season, so he only had 19 stats after 2 years. To put that into perspective Fields has 5 games to catch up to Hurts 19 starts. To get the same numbers Hurts had, he is going to have to average 373 yards per game, all at about 100% completion% to bring that up, needs 13 more TD and somehow convice the league to remove one of his INT just to be on par with Hurts..

Just stop. Hurts and Fileds are not even close

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of when @Mighty Joe Young talked about deshaun watson’s convictions and when confronted on it, tried to walk it back to ‘convicted in the court of public opinion’. He just never knows what he is talking about

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm reserving judgement until the end of the season on what adjustments and changes we need to make to the staff if any. Yes, there are some frustrating aspects to the team right now, but the key is to see some sort of quantifiable improvement at the season goes on. With that said, there is plenty of room to imrpove in the passing offense. Playcalling, play design, pressure recognition, cohesiveness on the OLine, Pocket awareness, etc...There's tons of room for growth. If we see the same or similar product week after week there will be a breaking point.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He has a long way to go. But he was better. I just don't understand the calling for coaches to be fired 4 games into a rebuilding year. That is just crazy. We have to be patient. What were you all expecting?
He isn’t a football scholar and is lost

jc456

Liked Posts:
Yeah, his completion percentage wasn't good but 2 of those drops by the WR right in the hands and 1 was on a throwaway out of bounds after the line whiffed their block. Does that change things much? No. But he would've been over 200 yds if those 2 passes on their hands were completed. Also Mooney dropping that open pass (which wasn't a good throw but it still hit him in the hands).
No defensive read pre snap yet another week

msadows

Liked Posts:
No defensive read pre snap yet another week

Easy to say from our side, but we don't even know what they are allowing him to do at this point.

Hard to do anything on offense in the pass game when you are getting dominated nonstop down the middle.

Chicago is really great at destroying QB's. If you aren't going to give a prospect weapons least give him protection. Chicago chose neither again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I expect the lights to cut on for Fields around game 10 this season.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I don't. I remember he missed mooney on a seam, and cold cement for what would have been 3-4 yards if he caught it. Would like to see any replays where he missed multiple times. People keep saying that and then don't follow up.

yep there were several plays in the first half Kmet was the safety valve. Easy 5+ yard completion to slow the rush down and if he breaks a one on one tackle could go for more but it is what it is.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was indeed an improvement. Holy hell are some of the routes being ran absolute dog shite given the situation. I distinctly remember a 3rd and 6 where Fields felt immediate pressure and it looked like the route tree has all players running at least 8 to 10 yards before their break. That seems completely asinine given the issues the offense and QB have had this year.
I'm thinking Fields should start throwing it and just pelting the WRs in the back of the head.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The OL was not good today but two of the sacks were on blitzes where they just had an extra man coming than could be blocked. There needs to be a hot read there and it didn't seem like there was.

Bust

Liked Posts:
dude sounds depressed and lost all his confidence.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I expect him to be on IR by week 10 if the game today is any indication
He took a bunch of big hits today. I feel like I'm watching expansion era David Carr with how many times he gets hit every game.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I don’t believe field’s cares if he wins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I expect him to be on IR by week 10 if the game today is any indication

Well I should have said if they ever come on. If he continues to big play hunt then he is going to get himself killed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He took a bunch of big hits today. I feel like I'm watching expansion era David Carr with how many times he gets hit every game.

Nah Carr got hit because the OL sucked. Fields gets hit because he apparently likes it as he refuses to get rid of the ball when he can.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Easy to say from our side, but we don't even know what they are allowing him to do at this point.

Hard to do anything on offense in the pass game when you are getting dominated nonstop down the middle.

Chicago is really great at destroying QB's. If you aren't going to give a prospect weapons least give him protection. Chicago chose neither again.
Every other qb does it. I believe he likes to get hit

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
He made a few nice throws and has good escapability, but I don't think he has a clue what's happening presnap and he isn't able to see past his first read on the fly at all.
the death of most highly drafted QB's who never made it in the NFL