Fields was better today

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't able to see the game today. I got feedback from others that there were some strange personnel choices, like too much Ebner and not enough Herbert.

Did it seem that way?

I had the feeling going into the season that this is a throwaway year where everyone is being evaluated for major roster changes next season.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Best pass of the game was the Jones-Jackson connection. That was beautiful

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the kind of "bad" or "developmental" (or whatever you want to call it) game that I can deal with. Saw a few bad misses like him not throwing to a wide open Kmet, and some passes where Mooney had to get into the dirt. But he showed a lot better decisiveness, awareness and he was getting it off quicker(Maybe not always consistently). And there were some big plays in there too where he showed accuracy. It's good that he's working his internal clock and is starting to realize he doesn't have all day.
I thought Fields looked leaps and bounds better than he had during the first 3 games. He looked far more poised and composed, even when under a ton of pressure.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
There were a few times I saw Fields take off and run when he had a wide open receiver running down the seam.
BLASPHEMY!!! Justin Fields makes no mistakes. If there were wide open receivers running down the seam it is only because Justin Fields willed it so.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm really beginning to feel sorry for these Bustin fans. Whereas the rest of us have already accepted it and moved on, these poor guys are being killed at straight-up IV drip level, week after week. It's gotta be rough.
I feel bad for Bears fans that became a fan Sept 2022

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought Fields looked leaps and bounds better than he had during the first 3 games. He looked far more poised and composed, even when under a ton of pressure.

After watching things several times now I don’t know if leaps and bounds are the words I’d use but there was definitely improvement. These are the types of games that I go yeah give the kid a NFL oline and WR and maybe. ?‍♂️ We shall see…. Despite my rep as “Fields hater” I’m still 100% rooting for him.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After watching things several times now I don’t know if leaps and bounds are the words I’d use but there was definitely improvement. These are the types of games that I go yeah give the kid a NFL oline and WR and maybe. ?‍♂️ We shall see…. Despite my rep as “Fields hater” I’m still 100% rooting for him.

Aha, well I say that because of just how poorly he looked in the previous two games. He looked more in control and a lot less lost.