Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Yeah, his completion percentage wasn't good but 2 of those drops by the WR right in the hands and 1 was on a throwaway out of bounds after the line whiffed their block. Does that change things much? No. But he would've been over 200 yds if those 2 passes on their hands were completed. Also Mooney dropping that open pass (which wasn't a good throw but it still hit him in the hands).

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
It was indeed an improvement. Holy hell are some of the routes being ran absolute dog shite given the situation. I distinctly remember a 3rd and 6 where Fields felt immediate pressure and it looked like the route tree has all players running at least 8 to 10 yards before their break. That seems completely asinine given the issues the offense and QB have had this year.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
would you prefer 90 yards and 2 touchdowns?
Would it be too much to ask for the 11th pick in the draft to have one game in his career where he throws for 300 yards and/or 3 touchdowns?

We shouldn't be in this position where a performance like this evokes a reaction of anything other than disappointment.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Would it be too much to ask for the 11th pick in the draft to have one game in his career where he throws for 300 yards and/or 3 touchdowns?

We shouldn't be in this position where a performance like this evokes a reaction of anything other than disappointment.

throw in the < 50pct pass completion which is horrific at the nfl level

mecha

Liked Posts:

it's been widely accepted that this is the worst receiving corp imaginable. so it's really a chicken or egg argument at this moment.

let them gel more!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've seen great QB's handle all of the above. There was a season when Rodgers was constantly running for his life because he had no OL, and his WRs were dropping passes left and right. Dude still got his job done.

You guys need to let this go. Bustin is a joke, and it's time to move on.
The fact that you think it's time to move on shows how fucking stupid you are.

mecha

Liked Posts:
The fact that you think it's time to move on shows how fucking stupid you are.
I don't expect much from a collective that say things like "could of" and "should of". probably a few that say "your" when they mean "you're" in the lot too. talk like south suburban white girls.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
What the Giants were doing presnap was obvious. They were sending pressure up the middle every drop back. Even before today, they blitz more than any team in the NFL. Were we not prepared for this? They seriously need to work on hot routes.

How much is on Fields? The receivers for not adjusting? The staff for not preparing and adjusting? We won't know, we can only hope to see improvements.

What I do know is that the three or four times he had an actually pocket he delivered dimes. They made a nice adjustment on the first drive of the second half by bringing Kmet over to block on a bootleg so Fields didn't have a defender in his face. After that play, it wasn't seen again.

I'm just confused.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Justin is the black version of Tim Tebow . . . nothing moar nothing less

Tebow had the clutch gene though.. couldnt hit the broadside of the barn for most of the game but turns into jesus and throws dimes the last two minutes..

shoez90

Liked Posts:
We are in a sad state of affairs if a 160 yard passing game with 0 TD's and < 50% completion % is something to note as an improvement.
We are your right but to me it's almost about getting thru this year alive and pinning it on next year already. We made a 53 man roster out of scraps to field a team. I don't think fools gold I think we over performed a couple games and now the true image is more evident. Get thru year stay healthy use picks and cap wisely and next year should be a 180°. It will be a shitty thirteen weeks though I ain't gonna lie lol.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He has a long way to go. But he was better. I just don't understand the calling for coaches to be fired 4 games into a rebuilding year. That is just crazy. We have to be patient. What were you all expecting?
I dont want to hear shit about JF. He is surrounded by fucking GARBAGE!!! Im just hoping he doesnt suffer a serious injury.

weaponx24

DA BEARS!
Liked Posts:
Either way they have to bring some one else in to compete for the job next season. Maybe it will make Justin light the fire under his ass and study the film some more so he can see what he’s looking at. They also need to bring in real WR threats to give him some options to throw too. It’s a two fold dilemma.

Speed

Liked Posts:
This is the kind of "bad" or "developmental" (or whatever you want to call it) game that I can deal with. Saw a few bad misses like him not throwing to a wide open Kmet, and some passes where Mooney had to get into the dirt. But he showed a lot better decisiveness, awareness and he was getting it off quicker(Maybe not always consistently). And there were some big plays in there too where he showed accuracy. It's good that he's working his internal clock and is starting to realize he doesn't have all day.

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:
He made a few nice throws and has good escapability, but I don't think he has a clue what's happening presnap and he isn't able to see past his first read on the fly at all.

Every pass play looks like they are all just improvising and he has to figure out where everyone is going in order to throw it.

No anticipation, no rhythm, no situational calls/routs and timing. nothing is ever easy.

Coaching and playcalling down through to on-field talent and execution looks bad. Why does God hate the Bears?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
People need to stop being unrealistic and stop nitpicking just to give the guy crap. What was it that Getsy said the other day? Quote: “Fields is basically a rookie”.

That’s it in a nutshell. He is a quasi rookie in a new offense.

If you expected a whole lot more, this soon, from a guy this new to the NFL game being thrown into a new offense with as many new things being thrown at him… without having elite help around him from his WR, TE, Oline… plus having a rookie NFL play caller… if you expected a whole lot more, you really need to take a step back and reassess because it is clear that you are being neither rational or realistic.

This kid continues to show that he is a battler, that he has grit, determination and toughness. He also has some elite tools that cover for a myriad of deficiencies on offense. Fields was not the problem today. Was he perfect? No. But not the problem. Given time and help, I am confident that he is made of the right stuff.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

With this supporting cast yes, it’s impossible