Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Philly will get as far as the players around Hurts will take them. Hurts will melt down in January. Statistically, he has played 2 of the worst defenses in the league from last year. Philly will end the year asking "can Hurts be the guy when up against a damn good defense?"
It's early for both players but this is Hurts prove it year. Too early for declarations but he does look like starter quality and under control. Probably more of an issue of whether he's good enough to stop rocking that boat or not.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Philly will get as far as the players around Hurts will take them. Hurts will melt down in January. Statistically, he has played 2 of the worst defenses in the league from last year. Philly will end the year asking "can Hurts be the guy when up against a damn good defense?"
With that defense it will keep them in it even when/if he flames out just like bears did in 18. But if he does take a dump that would suck for them they have the wrs, te, and oline that would make any nfl qb jealous. Might be a good team to shop Montgomery to that’s prob their weak spot

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Adipost each time you refer to Pettis it is actually St. Brown (int and throw past the LOS).

I agree with most of the break down. The kmet 2nd and 3 was the most glaring thing I saw live.

On the flea flicker play, the right read was probably Mooney, but hard to be mad about that one. From his viewpoint it looked like the cb was right on Mooney still so he moved on as he was running out of time.

Also the play past the LOS is being overblown. Dilfer himself said spatial awareness can be really difficult as an NFL qb when you get moving. Mentioned Eli did it like 6 times in a season. I remember Brees doing it too. It happens to a lot of good qbs and is more likely if you are mobile obviously
Agree.

But also on the step up and rip play it looks like a bad converging route tree made him wisely hesitate.

Don’t build problems into your offense. There are two corners right where you are suggesting he drop a dime, covering two other WRs. All it takes is one to guess right and it’s a pick. One is looking right at it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Hurts' 9th and 10th games (year 2) had a combined 54 ratings and a total of 313 yards with 2 INTs and 1 TD.

You have a history of impatience. That said, I may have too much but there's nothing worse than throwing out the baby with the bath water.
Oh yeah, I definitely need to see things to believe it. And when it comes to the Bears, I have seen way too many shit QBs come and go. So I don't want to get my hopes up. I still have hope for him to turn it around, but it's not as much as when the year started.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With that defense it will keep them in it even when/if he flames out just like bears did in 18. But if he does take a dump that would suck for them they have the wrs, te, and oline that would make any nfl qb jealous. Might be a good team to shop Montgomery to that’s prob their weak spot

I believe they are cap hell next year but at least they have 2 1st round picks thanks to the idiots in New Orleans. Bradberry, Kelce, Cox and others will all be gone

Still a talented roster though

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I am with you on this.
Philly fans get 2 more weeks of tomato cans and hurts will look decent.
Then the schedule gets tougher and he will be back to being a huge question mark.

Hurts reminds me of a significantly lesser version of a young Ben roethlisberger, and the eagles aren't as stacked as the steelers were.

Hurts has a loooong way to go yet.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh yeah, I definitely need to see things to believe it. And when it comes to the Bears, I have seen way too many shit QBs come and go. So I don't want to get my hopes up. I still have hope for him to turn it around, but it's not as much as when the year started.
The difference between Correlation and Causation.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am with you on this.
Philly fans get 2 more weeks of tomato cans and hurts will look decent.
Then the schedule gets tougher and he will be back to being a huge question mark.

Hurts reminds me of a significantly lesser version of a young Ben roethlisberger, and the eagles aren't as stacked as the steelers were.

Hurts has a loooong way to go yet.

Yep. If he re-aggravates his ankle like he did last year, his best asset is gone. He stopped running late last year and his numbers suffered as did their O.

Hurts is a QB who is only as good as the talent around him, which can get victories but not a SB in most years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I believe they are cap hell next year but at least they have 2 1st round picks thanks to the idiots in New Orleans. Bradberry, Kelce, Cox and others will all be gone

Still a talented roster though
They really have made a killing in stacking up picks. Bears have been complete opposite and here we are

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Philly is one of the better teams in the league right now in the NFC, if you fail to admit that your in denial. Laughing at you for predicting a "meltdown" in January, It's only his 3rd year.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They really have made a killing in stacking up picks. Bears have been complete opposite and here we are
Correct. Helps that you can dump a crappy QB for a 1st and then some to some other hapless organization(Indy)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You know, just whatever dude. If you want to disagree and say that it takes 20 or 30 or whatever number of starts to grasp NFL defenses then fine. But I have eyes and I am watching as much football as anyone here. And I have not seen a starting QB this year look this bad. If you can't see how that is concerning, then more power to you.

It takes 7 years, two pro bowl WR’s, a couple HOF level lineman, and Andy Reid calling plays.

Only then can we truly judge Fields.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’m just being a smart ass. Relax.

I’m the same place I’ve been since last year…. Highly concerned but not giving up.

(Not that it matters one bit what we think)
I agree that my concern is rising a bit, but I think more out of impatience. Realistically I realize it should take him a bit this year to settle into a new offense and be comfortable with what he should be seeing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree that my concern is rising a bit, but I think more out of impatience. Realistically I realize it should take him a bit this year to settle into a new offense and be comfortable with what he should be seeing.

I think that’s just an excuse Bears fans have talked themselves into. He was awful last week. It’s OK to admit it. It also doesn’t mean he’s a bust or anything either. It just means for one game he looked like shit. I’m personally just excited to see tomorrow.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It takes 7 years, two pro bowl WR’s, a couple HOF level lineman, and Andy Reid calling plays.

Only then can we truly judge Fields.
It’s Jay Cutler all over again, except Cutler never looked this bad.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think that’s just an excuse Bears fans have talked themselves into. He was awful last week. It’s OK to admit it. It also doesn’t mean he’s a bust or anything either. It just means for one game he looked like shit. I’m personally just excited to see tomorrow.
He was bad last week. Everyone also thought he was good week 1 and he wasn't. It isn't an excuse. 90% of the offense is learning a brand new system and it isn't really realistic to expect anyone to be completely comfortable with a new system immediately. It takes a lot of repetition to breed confidence in what you are seeing

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was bad last week. Everyone also thought he was good week 1 and he wasn't. It isn't an excuse. 90% of the offense is learning a brand new system and it isn't really realistic to expect anyone to be completely comfortable with a new system immediately. It takes a lot of repetition to breed confidence in what you are seeing

I don’t expect them to be completely comfortable… that legit can take a couple years.

I expect BASIC competency. They haven’t shown that yet. They get another chance tomorrow.

Luke

Liked Posts:

It will be interesting to see how he performs against bottom 1/3 defenses the next month.
Hopefully he does his best Mitch imitation and lights it up and CCS continues to build his Canton bust.
If not....ruh roh.