Fields will run the scout team offense

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Typically a job for the #3 QB but Fields is officially the #2. Well at least he can help the defense try and get better instead of getting time to throw the ball to Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney. Cool cool.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
how did you get that photo of me in your signature?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Well let's see Fields cut up the Bears starting D with the scout team. Will just be another reason he should be the starter.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm cool with him not starting. "Three & out Nagy" will be under immense pressure and a chorus of boos at home to make the switch.

I will never root against Dalon or hope he gets injured.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well let's see Fields cut up the Bears starting D with the scout team. Will just be another reason he should be the starter.
Going against the starting defense may help Fields progress a lot more than getting a very limited number of snaps as the #2 QB normally would.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Going against the starting defense may help Fields progress a lot more than getting a very limited number of snaps as the #2 QB normally would.
Since he is not starting I hope it does, any reps for a rookie are good. I do think we will see Fields against the Rams. Nagy will probably have a set package of plays for Fields.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm cool with him not starting. "Three & out Nagy" will be under immense pressure and a chorus of boos at home to make the switch.

I will never root against Dalon or hope he gets injured.
agreed.

this team ain’t exactly making a SB run with or without fields, what’s so bad about waiting a little extra

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
Nagy really wants to clone the Mahomes process step for step.....

At least this gives Fields good practice against a starting D

Its a paywall article and Tor cant bypass it, but the gist is that Mahomes played scout team qb in his rookie year.

Nagy seems like he wants to replicate that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Its a paywall article and Tor cant bypass it, but the gist is that Mahomes played scout team qb in his rookie year.

He is either delusional or will end up being one of the greatest QB developers ever. Im guessing the former.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
I believe it will only be a good thing for Fields. The more snaps he can get the better, and he won't get those with Dalton getting all the game week prep work. Reading defenses, learning to recognize what they're trying to do, and reacting appropriately will develop his skills immensely. Look at any successful QB and you can see that they understand what the D is going to prioritize, and how to shift to a best outcome option.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

He may very well want to replicate that, but he seems to be forgetting two important pieces:
1. 2017 Alex Smith > 2021 Andy Dalton
2. The Chiefs offense was already good to very good.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get all the nagy hate but I am okay with Fields running the scout team. That's more reps than he'd be getting if he were just taking mental reps as a normal second stringer. And as a rookie, he needs as many live reps as possible.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I get all the nagy hate but I am okay with Fields running the scout team. That's more reps than he'd be getting if he were just taking mental reps as a normal second stringer. And as a rookie, he needs as many live reps as possible.
They aren't real reps though. It's him tossing the ball to whoever the Desai tells him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They aren't real reps though. It's him tossing the ball to whoever the Desai tells him.
He will be reading and reacting to our actual first string defense. That is what matters.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe he'll still have options. Just the plays won't be ours.