Fields Year two expectations #calledit thread

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yep, knocked it out the park with Kevin White and Mitch Trubisky
I mean, you're talking about a person that also believes the bears could have gotten a first round pick In exchange for Mack. Nevermind the fact that he's FOUR years removed from his last dominant season and also coming off a season ending injury. Dude clearly lives in an alternate reality. Kinda like Rask but not nearly as cool.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears have never supported their QB,s. They are doing that again. We will get the same results. So it probably will come to fruition as it has repeatedly in our past.
Soooo, you admit that @VashalasX is correct and what you posted is speculation, not "truth."

It's uncommon these days for a CAC to admit when they are wrong, so for that I salute you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
As a Big Ten guy, I hate Ohio State with a passion. However, this is such a misleading stat when looking at Ohio State QB's. What no one talks about, when looking at all the OSU QB's, is that NONE of them were considered first round talent's outside of Justin Fields (Haskins was the outlier in a horrible 2019 QB class with Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray).

Lets give Justin a few years away from the dipshit that was Matt Nagy and see what happens. Comparing him to Germaine, Smith, Pryor and a bunch of other walking stiffs that were never projected to be NFL QB's is just a straw man argument.

I agree with much of what much of what u say. @Bust likes to use the hasty generalization when discussing OSU and Fields

Individually only Mike Tomczak does.

Edit: Krenzel as well.

Agreed......but Bust likes to throw them all in the same box. I was just showing Bust regardless, that it's true about the total winning record, of the OSU Qb's on the list, when ya do the math.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean, you're talking about a person that also believes the bears could have gotten a first round pick In exchange for Mack. Nevermind the fact that he's FOUR years removed from his last dominant season and also coming off a season ending injury. Dude clearly lives in an alternate reality. Kinda like Rask but not nearly as cool.
TBF to Nantucket, there were a bunch of dumb Bears fans who really thought they'd get a first for him. But this right here is just legendarily dumb. 1649353330090.png

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I hurt some feelings lol. Truth always hurts the most. For the record my knock is on the Bears and not the QB. We have done nothing for him or any of our QBs. There is a reason they fail and not supporting them with talent or coaching is that reason. And here we go again.
This is the time of year for unbridled optimism. I will refrain from saying here we go again until at least the end of the first quarter of the season opener.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yep you got me. People were dumbfounded at your post and brought it up
If you or anyone is dumbfounded that history is repeating itself by not supporting the QB yet again then I nor God himself can help. But keep trying to attack me because you can't handle a little truth. I don't mind one tiny bit.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you or anyone is dumbfounded that history is repeating itself by not supporting the QB yet again then I nor God himself can help. But keep trying to attack me because you can't handle a little truth. I don't mind one tiny bit.
"truth"

is that like #yardsigns ???

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This is the time of year for unbridled optimism. I will refrain from saying here we go again until at least the end of the first quarter of the season opener.
Fair. But this is a futures thread about you guessing how this year goes. I made my guess and I stated why I feel that way.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
5084 passing yds
48 pass TDs
17 INTs
3 Fmbl
1206 rushing yds
8 rush TDs
1st team All-Pro
MVP
Super Bowl MVP

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
5084 passing yds
48 pass TDs
17 INTs
3 Fmbl
1206 rushing yds
8 rush TDs
1st team All-Pro
MVP
Super Bowl MVP
More realistic than thirty Joe’s

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It will be ugly.
Iffy o-line, complete overhaul on skill positions on offense, and a defense that might be bad enough to make the bears one dimensional on offense playing catch up.

If he gets 14 games, 3200 yards, 24 tds and a dozen picks I would be pleasantly surprised.

I am not sold on fields and the rest of the team is in free fall. The above numbers would be a success given the state of the bears.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3156 yards
24 TDs
16 Ints
4 fumbles
473 rushing yards

Canth

Liked Posts:
Assuming he plays the entire year, I would like to see him at worst be in the top 20 in the NFL in passing.

Last year, that was Goff, to beat that by a bit, he needs:

3300 yards passing
~66% completion
~21 TDs

To get into the top 15, he would need around:

3800 yards passing
~67% completion
~26 TDs

Most NFL QB's end up with 10-12 ints

I think top 20 should be a realistic expectation with his talent level and hopefully he ends up in the top 15+. Again, this assume he plays the entire year.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Assuming he plays the entire year, I would like to see him at worst be in the top 20 in the NFL in passing.

Last year, that was Goff, to beat that by a bit, he needs:

3300 yards passing
~66% completion
~21 TDs

To get into the top 15, he would need around:

3800 yards passing
~67% completion
~26 TDs

Most NFL QB's end up with 10-12 ints

I think top 20 should be a realistic expectation with his talent level and hopefully he ends up in the top 15+. Again, this assume he plays the entire year.
Unless he just completely balls out and takes it on his shoulders, I don’t see any way he ends up too 15 with his lack of receivers and protection, but I’d love to be wrong, for sure.