Fifty coaches and evaluators rank Mitch Trubisky 32nd among NFL quarterbacks

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
50 coaches and evaluators rank Trubisky 32nd among NFL QBs

“I don’t see any elite trait,” a defensive coach told The Athletic. “Trubisky doesn’t have a great arm. Josh Allen has a freak-show arm. Trubisky is an OK athlete, but he is not this super-dynamic athlete. Usually, the guys like that who make it are mentally ahead of everyone else, but I didn’t get that from him, either.

As for Nick Foles? He ranked higher than Trubisky at No. 26, but it's not like he was lauded as a franchise-changing quarterback for the Bears either.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Athletic is the publication which took the survey, and I've repeatedly heard around here it's a solid publication.

That being said, I don't think there's a lot of Trubisky homers left.

As someone brought up in the podcast thread, when do you think he'll be traded and what do you think we could get for him?

I know some want him to stick around on a backup contract with the Bears, but that's a total pipe dream. He's going to get traded during the season if he doesn't have a massive turn around.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
At this point Mitch's greatest asset is his age. He's young so there's still time.

That also completely validates that he hasn't arrived yet...

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point Mitch's greatest asset is his age. He's young so there's still time.

@Pegger I hear ya bro, but I'm quite positive 99.99% of us believe beyond a doubt, that DSM will never "arrive"

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

yep someone will give him a shot if it don't work out with the Bears. I mean if guys like Chase Daniels can hold a clipboard for 10 seasons while earning 50 million in his career for doing little to nothing in the NFL am sure guys like Mitch can do same.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
yep someone will give him a shot if it don't work out with the Bears. I mean if guys like Chase Daniels can hold a clipboard for 10 seasons while earning 50 million for doing little to nothing in the NFL am sure guys like Mitch can do same.

If things go okay he could be the next Ryan Tannehill. Fell short of expectations, signed a backup deal and found a spot/system that worked for him.

With that being said his youth is good, but his contract situation makes him too expensive to gamble on.

I've bashed Pace a bunch, but I like what he's done with Foles. Sign him to 3 year deal, let Mitch walk next offseason then possibly draft someone to develop.

Maybe the best part of Pace is that he's fairly decent at admitting he fucked up and moving on to plan B, C, D......

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

The funny thing looking at Chase's career stats is like all scrub Bear QB's before him, his personal best seasons in the NFL were with Chicago, lol.

He's thrown 7 total TD's in 10 years in the league, 6 of them were with the Bears, haha

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

The funny thing looking at Chase's career stats is like all scrub Bear QB's before him, his personal best seasons in the NFL were with Chicago, lol.

He's thrown 7 total TD's in 10 years in the league, 6 of them were with the Bears, haha
The thing people keep overlooking with Chase Daniels is that he magically improves the health of every starter he's ever played with.

I'm unsure if it's legit magic or if it's out of team fear of him taking starting reps.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
All 50 of those mfs will be salivating for Midway Mitch after this big season
Conor-McGregor.gif

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch doesn't have an elite trait but he's not lacking in talent. His athleticism and arm strength are above average but don't mean anything if the light doesn't turn on for him. He's made some special throws including the TD to Gabriel against Washington last year. He's just so damn inconsistent.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I'd like to point out again that not only did Pace miss on his chance to get a good QB when he had a 2 out if 3 shot to do so after trading up one damn spot and giving up a kings ransom, he also managed to pick the worst starting QB in the league. That takes an immense amount of skill and ineptitude

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seriously all Pace can rely on is Roquan otherwise every single one of his first round picks will be considered bust at worst or below average at best

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
So I'd like to point out again that not only did Pace miss on his chance to get a good QB when he had a 2 out if 3 shot to do so after trading up one damn spot and giving up a kings ransom, he also managed to pick the worst starting QB in the league. That takes an immense amount of skill and ineptitude

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch doesn't have an elite trait but he's not lacking in talent. His athleticism and arm strength are above average but don't mean anything if the light doesn't turn on for him. He's made some special throws including the TD to Gabriel against Washington last year. He's just so damn inconsistent.

Inconsistent QBs at the NFL level are the same as being a bad starting QB.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
So quickly everyone forgets Mitch put us in a position to win that play off game and he showed he can play

1 bad season on an offense that under performed across the board and everyones going crazy and suddenly hes the worst starting qb in football? You kidding me

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
apparently hes surrounded by GOATS at every position and he is the single reason the offense was rubbish last season amirite... gimme a fuckin break. Fix the gd oline put some talent out there besides robinson and see what happens

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
#2 overall at the most impactful position in football that requires a ton of help all around him to just play average. You dead on your assessment Hbkrusso!

You can't sugarcoat the fact XFL bench warmer Marquise Williams kept your boy on the bench for 2 seasons, lol.