Film study: Cole Kmet reasons for optimism

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what he had to say because he is entirely unlistenable.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
That wasn't all that insightful. The bottom line on Kmet is not to expect a guy who makes all his money catching passes, but as a guy you can equally rely on in the run and pass game. To make the blocks he needs to make and make the catches he needs to make while being a guy who can carry tacklers for an extra 5 yards. I think if he becomes a rich man's Kyle Rudolph then you'd consider it a great pick.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That wasn't all that insightful. The bottom line on Kmet is not to expect a guy who makes all his money catching passes, but as a guy you can equally rely on in the run and pass game. To make the blocks he needs to make and make the catches he needs to make while being a guy who can carry tacklers for an extra 5 yards. I think if he becomes a rich man's Kyle Rudolph then you'd consider it a great pick.

More likely he ends up busting , and wearing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer outfits at theme parks all across the country

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your commentary is consistently bad. Idk if you've ever had interesting or useful input. Remember though, you are a valued member here at CCS
It's really sad isn't it? Guy hasn't had an original thought in years

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Thanks for posting. If I was to critique the vid, I'd say there was too much repetition, both video and vocal content. Also the vocal content was mostly the 'i think he can be a ...', rather than using most of the vid time demonstrating and speaking to his abilities and weaknesses. The opening was displaying vid that seemed to have no relation to the announcer content, where it may have been better to start with a still image or stat, rather than start with that blatant incongruity. On the good side, it was likeable, good starting point for improvement.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he’s going to be good to above average. Dude is massive with soft hands, catches anything thrown to him mostly. Needs to get a handle on the fumbling .

I would add blocking too, he kinda sucks but he shouldn’t be a “y” tight end anyway. He should be the “u” and jimmy should be gone.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More likely he ends up busting , and wearing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer outfits at theme parks all across the

Your commentary is consistently bad. Idk if you've ever had interesting or useful input. Remember though, you are a valued member here at CCS

Most on here don't want useful input, they prefer the big time kool-aid blather

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think he’s going to be good to above average. Dude is massive with soft hands, catches anything thrown to him mostly. Needs to get a handle on the fumbling .

I would add blocking too, he kinda sucks but he shouldn’t be a “y” tight end anyway. He should be the “u” and jimmy should be gone.
Why do you think he “kinda sucks” at blocking? I thought he did a pretty good job last season

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
More likely he ends up busting , and wearing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer outfits at theme parks all across the country

Attachments

• 689BC27E-36C5-49FA-B452-6978FE1513D8.png
    689BC27E-36C5-49FA-B452-6978FE1513D8.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 0

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you think he “kinda sucks” at blocking? I thought he did a pretty good job last season
My point was he should be playing the U and Jimmy should be gone.. I'd much rather have him in space than trying to occupy ends/linebackers etc.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he goes or 600 and 6TDs and blocks as well or better than last season I will be super happy with the pick.

He does have elite size and power. He is an absolute unit on the field, so I think there is some upside there if he can utilize that down the field.

napo55

Liked Posts:
You would have to say his rookie year was underwhelming. This year will be key in determining if he can evolve into a consistent weapon, or will remain a run of the mill blocking TE with an occasional reception.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If he goes or 600 and 6TDs and blocks as well or better than last season I will be super happy with the pick.

He does have elite size and power. He is an absolute unit on the field, so I think there is some upside there if he can utilize that down the field.
There's massive upside there. He's a grown man yet he's not even a grown man yet. I think there will be a stark difference in play with him from what you see in years 1&2 vs years 3&4. He hasn't filled out yet, or hit his althleitc peak. Not to mention the experience he doesn't have yet. I expect a step this year and the potential for take off year 3 and after.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You would have to say his rookie year was underwhelming. This year will be key in determining if he can evolve into a consistent weapon, or will remain a run of the mill blocking TE with an occasional reception.
Imagine any rookie TE not "underwhelming" with these QB's and play calling. Even Gronk would have looked like a waste on this team