Final Mock Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Round 1

The Atlanta Falcons trade 1[16], 3[] and 3[2021] to the Cleveland Browns for 1[10].

1[1] Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrows, QB, LSU
1[2] Washington Redskins: Chase Young, DE, Ohio St
1[3] Detroit Lions: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
1[4] New York Giants: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
1[5] Miami Dolphins: Tua Tag, QB, Alabama
1[6] Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
1[7] Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
1[8] Arizona Cardinals : Jedrick Willis, OT, Alabama
1[9] Jacksonville Jaguars: Jeffery Okudah, CB, Ohio St
1[10] Atlanta Falcons [Cle]: C.J Henderson, CB, Florida
1[11] NY Jets: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
1[12] Las Vegas Raiders: Ceedee Lamb, WR,
1[13] San Francisco 49ers [Ind]: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
1[14] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
1[15] Denver Broncos: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
1[16] Cleveland Browns [Atl]: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise St
1[17] Dallas Cowboys: K'Lavon Chaisson, DE, LSU
1[18] Miami Dolphins [Pit]: Josh Jones, OT, Houston
1[19] Las Vegas Raiders [Chi]: A.J Terrell, CB, Clemson
1[20] Jacksonville Jaguars [LAR]: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
1[21] Philadelphia Eagles: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
1[22] Minnesota Vikings: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
1[23] New England Patriots: Jordan Love, QB Utah St
1[24] New Orleans Saints: Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
1[25] Minnesota Vikings: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan
1[26] Miami Dolphins [Hou]: DeAndre Swift, RB, Georgia
1[27] Seattle Seahawks: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
1[28] Baltimore Ravens: Kenneth Murray, LB, OU
1[29] Tennessee Titans: Kristian Fulton, CB. LSU
1[30] Green Bay Packers: Denzel Mims, WR Baylor
1[31] San Francisco 49ers: Austin Jackson, OT, LSU
1[32] Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

Round 2

2[33] Cincinnati Bengals: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
2[34] Indianapolis Colts: Michael Pittman, WR, USC
2[35] Detroit Lions: Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota
2[36] NY Giants: A.J Espenesa, DE, Iowa
2[37] Los Angeles Chargers: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
2[38] Carolina Panthers: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
2[39] Miami Dolphins: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn St
2[40] Houston Texans [AZ]: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
2[41] Cleveland Browns: Grant Delpit, S, LSU
2[42] Jacksonville Jaguars: Neville Gallimore, DT, OU

2[43] WR Brandon Aiyuk [Arizona St] 6' 205lbs, 4.5 [40], 11 reps, 40" vert, 10'8" broad

The Bears are horrible in terms of YAC yards. They were 31st last season and 26th the season before. They throw a lot of short passes and if they do not generate YAC than they become super inefficient. Brandon Aiyuk is the human embodiment of YAC yards. He is a very consistent catcher of the football with a 93.5% on target catch rate. 40% of his catches came on screen passes and he still had 18 yard per catch. We also happen to run a fair number of WR screens ourselves. Aiyuk also lead college football in yards after contact with 378 yards. Added to that production and Aiyuk is a 90% SPARQ athlete and the fact he has only played 2 full years of college football and he could continue to explode.

Brandon-Aiyuk-feat-img.jpg

2[44] Indianapolis Colts: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
2[45] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
2[46] Denver Broncos: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
2[47] Atlanta Falcons: Marlon Daidson, DT, Aurbun
2[48] New York Jets: Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
2[49] Pittsburgh Steelers: Justin Madabukie, DT, Texas A&M
2[50] Seattle Seahawks [Chi]: Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
2[51] Dallas Cowboys: Noah I
2[52] Los Angeles Rams: Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana
2[53] Philadelphia Eagles: K.J Hamler, WR, Penn St
2[54] Buffalo Bills: J.K Dobbins, RB, Ohio St
2[55] Baltimore Ravens [Atl]: Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame
2[56] Miami Dolphins [NO]: Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
2[57] Los Angeles Rams [Hou]: Josh Uche, OLB, Michigan
2[58] Minnesota Vikings: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolin

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] and 6[200] to the Seattle Seahawks for 2[59], 4[133] and 1[44]

2[59] CB Damon Arnette [Ohio St] 6' 195lbs, 4.56 [40]

The Bears seem to be sniffing around CBs and both Adam Jahns and Brad Biggs expect them to go CB early in the draft. In this case the WR talent is too much to pass on, but the Bears can still find the press man CB that they need lower in the 2nd round. Arnette did not test super well, but he is a really sticky press man CB that can be a nice fit across from Kyle Fuller who plays a lot of off man. The Bears should have an elite defense, but they have a super unproven CB2 spot and it is hard to role out an elite defense if there is a CB that can be picked on.

2f331e40-6890-11ea-a77b-56cb00f312bf

4[133] OG Cameron Clark [Charlotte] 6'4" 308lbs, 34" arms, 5.29 [40], 26 reps, 25" vert

I just am struggling to see the Bears make an early pick on the OL if the OTs get picked over and Ruiz is gone. What I can see if Ryan Pace doing what he does with an unsettled position and investing multiple picks on day 3 to give them options. Clark is a small school OT that would be moving to OG, something both KC and NO do frequently. He is a good athlete, with solid length, and bricks for hands. He should come in and develop and compete at RG, while providing LT experience.

1587608556515.png

4[144] S J.R Reed [Georgia] 6'1" 202lbs, 4.54 [40], 15 reps, 34" vert, 10'10" broad

The Bears need options at safety and they need competition. As you may have guessed I love JR Reed, he is solid in coverage, a consistent tackler, a team leader. I think Pace will like him as well as he comes from a school Pace loves and he has the intangibles and intelligence he values. Reed compete at SS right away and gives the Bears another option. I think the Bears can wait till day 3 at safety as it is a position where he has had a ton of success.

JRReed_2019_1.jpg

5[163] OT Justin Herron [Wake Forest] 6'4" 308lbs, 33.5" arms, 5.26 [40], 27 reps, 33" vert.

Herron is another small school athletic OLmen with long arms and good tools to work with. Herron needs some time to develop, but he has NFL athletic tools. The Bears need to add some new blood at OT. Pace has drafted 1 OT in 5 years and it has left the Bears dependent on Leno and Massie who are coming off bad seasons. The Bears need some developmental depth and they need someone who can possibly step in at LT if Leno's durability fails for the first time.

BBMYiL7.img

6[196] TE Dalton Keene [Virginia Tech] 6'4" 253lbs, 4.71 [40], 21 reps, 34" vert, 10'5" broad

The Bears need to continue to add to the TE room and they need to add more guys who can block. Keene has not been very productive because of limited chances in college, but he can block, he can catch and he can play fullback and h-back. Keene is a high intensity and high effort blocker that can set a much different tone in the run game for the Bears.

DaltonKeeneVaTech.jpg

7[226] OLB Trevis Gipson [Tulsa] 6'3" 261lbs, 34" arms, 25 reps

The Bears need to add an athletic developmental edge rusher to develop and play in the rotation this season. Obviously, Quinn and Mack are an awesome 1-2, but the Bears have little pass rush behind them. Mingo is a coverage guy and special teamer. Irving can play the run and on special teams, but both offer very little in terms of pass rush. Gipson is very raw and coming from a lower level of competition at Tulsa, but he has athletic tools and some idea of what he is doing as a pass rusher. Gipson had 8 sacks last season and 4 the year before, he seems to be figuring it out as a pass rusher. The Bears only need him for a couple of reps a game while he learns and develops behind Mack and Quinn.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1178631262-850x560.jpeg

2[233] LB Shaun Bradley [Temple] 6'1" 235lbs, 4.51 [40], 14 reps, 32.5" vert, 10'1 broad

The Bears ILB depth has been wiped out and they need to add a developmental prospect that can challenge Iggy. Bradley is fast ILB prospect that comes from a good defense. Bradley also has some coverage skills as he has 3 INTs in 3 seasons as a starter. Iggy cannot really play defense, we have no idea what Woods can do, and it does not appear that a more experienced backup option is on it's way. The Bears have had success developing ILBs and hopefully they can get Bradley up to speed to contribute in case Trevathan gets injured.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1175280744-850x560.jpeg

Free Agents

RB Devonta Freeman [Atlanta] 1 year 2.5 million/1 guaranteed

The Bears need an RB2 that can take some pounding off of Montgomery and run between the tackles. Freeman is on the decline, but he is a good fit in the zone system, knows what he is doing and should come cheap.

Atlanta-Falcons-v-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-53036a0eb3735726a3ed7b90626e397c.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Foles
RB: Montgomery, Freeman, Cohen
WR: Robinson, Miller, Aiyuk, Ridley, Wims, Patterson
TE: Graham, Harris, Keene, Horsted, Holtz
LT: Leno, Herron
LG: Daniels, Bars
C: Whitehair
RG: Ifedi/Clark
RT: Massie, Coward

RE: Nichols, RRH
NT: Goldman, Anderson
LE: Hicks, Urban
OLB: Quinn, Mingo
ILB: Smith, Iggy
ILB: Trevathan, Woods, Bradley
OLB: Mack, Irving, Gespin
CB: Fuller, Arnette/Toliver, Roberson, Burns, Skrine
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Bush/Lucas/Reed

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m very keen on Keene. He has a chance to be the best of this TE group. Good mock.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I wish I had the amount of free time you have in a day. This is not an insult just fact. Stay safe and let every Bears pick be great!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I like Aiyuk. I don't see a scenario where Pace does not trade one of his 2nd rd picks. No way he wants to wait until the 5th rd before making another pick. I see Pace selecting a QB with one of his selections, especially with the possibility of both Trubisky. and Foles being gone next season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Can't wait till okudah ends up a HOFer and Brown is out of the league in a few years because #lions.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The bears were horrible in YAC because they have no WR's who can block, no TE's who can block, and no lineman who can block.

That said, I like Aiyuk. Don't think he will be there at 43, but maybe the injury drops him.

I don't like not taking a lineman in the top 2 however.

Sorry Windy, this goes in the Matt Millen file for me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ohio State DBs are always tops in my book.

greg23

Liked Posts:
On board for the top 4

Aiyuk is my #1 realistic wr target likely available at 43 (reagor/pittmann/hamler/pittmann)

I would like jackson/jones/ruiz/wilson but think they're gone by 43 and the drop off after doesnt justify #43

I also feel he HAS to make some sort of trade to add pick/s between #50 and round 5 and this is the place to do it: hopefully there is a taker.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
I really like this draft. It hits points of what we need in very reachable areas of the draft. my fav part is that unlike every other mock draft, you didn't force a qb in last roun just to take one.

Luke

Liked Posts:
if Jaylon Johnson is still on the board at 43, Pace takes him and doesn't look back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll give a non-prediction of Bryce Hall at 43 and Isaiah Wilson at 50. I don't think this is how it goes but if a lot of CBs go early this could happen. I now it looks earl for Wilson but I think he goes higher than rankings have him. That said, I hope Pace trades back can still gets a guy like Wilson etc and more shots at a successful draft.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Swap Fournette for Freeman as a FA RB.....?! (Should be affordable after the draft)

Also....Need a "Thumper" at SS......not drafted (Chinn, Dugger et al) You have a 4th round Pick at

4[144] S J.R Reed [Georgia] 6'1" 202lbs, 4.54 [40], 15 reps, 34" vert, 10'10" broad

That might just work......if not......bring in Tony Jefferson (FA) at SS.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Round 1

The Atlanta Falcons trade 1[16], 3[] and 3[2021] to the Cleveland Browns for 1[10].

1[1] Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrows, QB, LSU
1[2] Washington Redskins: Chase Young, DE, Ohio St
1[3] Detroit Lions: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
1[4] New York Giants: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
1[5] Miami Dolphins: Tua Tag, QB, Alabama
1[6] Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
1[7] Carolina Panthers: Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
1[8] Arizona Cardinals : Jedrick Willis, OT, Alabama
1[9] Jacksonville Jaguars: Jeffery Okudah, CB, Ohio St
1[10] Atlanta Falcons [Cle]: C.J Henderson, CB, Florida
1[11] NY Jets: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
1[12] Las Vegas Raiders: Ceedee Lamb, WR,
1[13] San Francisco 49ers [Ind]: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
1[14] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
1[15] Denver Broncos: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
1[16] Cleveland Browns [Atl]: Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise St
1[17] Dallas Cowboys: K'Lavon Chaisson, DE, LSU
1[18] Miami Dolphins [Pit]: Josh Jones, OT, Houston
1[19] Las Vegas Raiders [Chi]: A.J Terrell, CB, Clemson
1[20] Jacksonville Jaguars [LAR]: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
1[21] Philadelphia Eagles: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
1[22] Minnesota Vikings: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
1[23] New England Patriots: Jordan Love, QB Utah St
1[24] New Orleans Saints: Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
1[25] Minnesota Vikings: Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan
1[26] Miami Dolphins [Hou]: DeAndre Swift, RB, Georgia
1[27] Seattle Seahawks: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
1[28] Baltimore Ravens: Kenneth Murray, LB, OU
1[29] Tennessee Titans: Kristian Fulton, CB. LSU
1[30] Green Bay Packers: Denzel Mims, WR Baylor
1[31] San Francisco 49ers: Austin Jackson, OT, LSU
1[32] Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

Round 2

2[33] Cincinnati Bengals: Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
2[34] Indianapolis Colts: Michael Pittman, WR, USC
2[35] Detroit Lions: Antoine Winfield, S, Minnesota
2[36] NY Giants: A.J Espenesa, DE, Iowa
2[37] Los Angeles Chargers: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
2[38] Carolina Panthers: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
2[39] Miami Dolphins: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn St
2[40] Houston Texans [AZ]: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
2[41] Cleveland Browns: Grant Delpit, S, LSU
2[42] Jacksonville Jaguars: Neville Gallimore, DT, OU

2[43] WR Brandon Aiyuk [Arizona St] 6' 205lbs, 4.5 [40], 11 reps, 40" vert, 10'8" broad

The Bears are horrible in terms of YAC yards. They were 31st last season and 26th the season before. They throw a lot of short passes and if they do not generate YAC than they become super inefficient. Brandon Aiyuk is the human embodiment of YAC yards. He is a very consistent catcher of the football with a 93.5% on target catch rate. 40% of his catches came on screen passes and he still had 18 yard per catch. We also happen to run a fair number of WR screens ourselves. Aiyuk also lead college football in yards after contact with 378 yards. Added to that production and Aiyuk is a 90% SPARQ athlete and the fact he has only played 2 full years of college football and he could continue to explode.

Brandon-Aiyuk-feat-img.jpg

2[44] Indianapolis Colts: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
2[45] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
2[46] Denver Broncos: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
2[47] Atlanta Falcons: Marlon Daidson, DT, Aurbun
2[48] New York Jets: Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
2[49] Pittsburgh Steelers: Justin Madabukie, DT, Texas A&M
2[50] Seattle Seahawks [Chi]: Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois
2[51] Dallas Cowboys: Noah I
2[52] Los Angeles Rams: Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana
2[53] Philadelphia Eagles: K.J Hamler, WR, Penn St
2[54] Buffalo Bills: J.K Dobbins, RB, Ohio St
2[55] Baltimore Ravens [Atl]: Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame
2[56] Miami Dolphins [NO]: Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal
2[57] Los Angeles Rams [Hou]: Josh Uche, OLB, Michigan
2[58] Minnesota Vikings: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolin

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] and 6[200] to the Seattle Seahawks for 2[59], 4[133] and 1[44]

2[59] CB Damon Arnette [Ohio St] 6' 195lbs, 4.56 [40]

The Bears seem to be sniffing around CBs and both Adam Jahns and Brad Biggs expect them to go CB early in the draft. In this case the WR talent is too much to pass on, but the Bears can still find the press man CB that they need lower in the 2nd round. Arnette did not test super well, but he is a really sticky press man CB that can be a nice fit across from Kyle Fuller who plays a lot of off man. The Bears should have an elite defense, but they have a super unproven CB2 spot and it is hard to role out an elite defense if there is a CB that can be picked on.

2f331e40-6890-11ea-a77b-56cb00f312bf

4[133] OG Cameron Clark [Charlotte] 6'4" 308lbs, 34" arms, 5.29 [40], 26 reps, 25" vert

I just am struggling to see the Bears make an early pick on the OL if the OTs get picked over and Ruiz is gone. What I can see if Ryan Pace doing what he does with an unsettled position and investing multiple picks on day 3 to give them options. Clark is a small school OT that would be moving to OG, something both KC and NO do frequently. He is a good athlete, with solid length, and bricks for hands. He should come in and develop and compete at RG, while providing LT experience.

View attachment 5280

The Bears need options at safety and they need competition. As you may have guessed I love JR Reed, he is solid in coverage, a consistent tackler, a team leader. I think Pace will like him as well as he comes from a school Pace loves and he has the intangibles and intelligence he values. Reed compete at SS right away and gives the Bears another option. I think the Bears can wait till day 3 at safety as it is a position where he has had a ton of success.

JRReed_2019_1.jpg

5[163] OT Justin Herron [Wake Forest] 6'4" 308lbs, 33.5" arms, 5.26 [40], 27 reps, 33" vert.

Herron is another small school athletic OLmen with long arms and good tools to work with. Herron needs some time to develop, but he has NFL athletic tools. The Bears need to add some new blood at OT. Pace has drafted 1 OT in 5 years and it has left the Bears dependent on Leno and Massie who are coming off bad seasons. The Bears need some developmental depth and they need someone who can possibly step in at LT if Leno's durability fails for the first time.

BBMYiL7.img

6[196] TE Dalton Keene [Virginia Tech] 6'4" 253lbs, 4.71 [40], 21 reps, 34" vert, 10'5" broad

The Bears need to continue to add to the TE room and they need to add more guys who can block. Keene has not been very productive because of limited chances in college, but he can block, he can catch and he can play fullback and h-back. Keene is a high intensity and high effort blocker that can set a much different tone in the run game for the Bears.

DaltonKeeneVaTech.jpg

7[226] OLB Trevis Gipson [Tulsa] 6'3" 261lbs, 34" arms, 25 reps

The Bears need to add an athletic developmental edge rusher to develop and play in the rotation this season. Obviously, Quinn and Mack are an awesome 1-2, but the Bears have little pass rush behind them. Mingo is a coverage guy and special teamer. Irving can play the run and on special teams, but both offer very little in terms of pass rush. Gipson is very raw and coming from a lower level of competition at Tulsa, but he has athletic tools and some idea of what he is doing as a pass rusher. Gipson had 8 sacks last season and 4 the year before, he seems to be figuring it out as a pass rusher. The Bears only need him for a couple of reps a game while he learns and develops behind Mack and Quinn.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1178631262-850x560.jpeg

2[233] LB Shaun Bradley [Temple] 6'1" 235lbs, 4.51 [40], 14 reps, 32.5" vert, 10'1 broad

The Bears ILB depth has been wiped out and they need to add a developmental prospect that can challenge Iggy. Bradley is fast ILB prospect that comes from a good defense. Bradley also has some coverage skills as he has 3 INTs in 3 seasons as a starter. Iggy cannot really play defense, we have no idea what Woods can do, and it does not appear that a more experienced backup option is on it's way. The Bears have had success developing ILBs and hopefully they can get Bradley up to speed to contribute in case Trevathan gets injured.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1175280744-850x560.jpeg

Free Agents

RB Devonta Freeman [Atlanta] 1 year 2.5 million/1 guaranteed

The Bears need an RB2 that can take some pounding off of Montgomery and run between the tackles. Freeman is on the decline, but he is a good fit in the zone system, knows what he is doing and should come cheap.

Atlanta-Falcons-v-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-53036a0eb3735726a3ed7b90626e397c.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Foles
RB: Montgomery, Freeman, Cohen
WR: Robinson, Miller, Aiyuk, Ridley, Wims, Patterson
TE: Graham, Harris, Keene, Horsted, Holtz
LT: Leno, Herron
LG: Daniels, Bars
C: Whitehair
RG: Ifedi/Clark
RT: Massie, Coward

RE: Nichols, RRH
NT: Goldman, Anderson
LE: Hicks, Urban
OLB: Quinn, Mingo
ILB: Smith, Iggy
ILB: Trevathan, Woods, Bradley
OLB: Mack, Irving, Gespin
CB: Fuller, Arnette/Toliver, Roberson, Burns, Skrine
FS: Jackson, DHC
SS: Bush/Lucas/Reed
Solid draft with one exciting WR added.

However; I have one change I would prefer on your depth chart. I believe that Denmark is WAY better than someone like Iggy. Iggy is athletic but not aware while Denmark is very aware of where the play is going, is extremely physical and has coverage skills.

People need to stop pigeon-holing him into the CB position because he was drafted as such. He had very little experience as a CB, having played WR before (and his hands show it). I see Denmark as a special teamer, SS backup and nickle linebacker which is much more valuable than anything Iggy can provide.

I really hope he gets a chance.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Solid draft with one exciting WR added.

However; I have one change I would prefer on your depth chart. I believe that Denmark is WAY better than someone like Iggy. Iggy is athletic but not aware while Denmark is very aware of where the play is going, is extremely physical and has coverage skills.

People need to stop pigeon-holing him into the CB position because he was drafted as such. He had very little experience as a CB, having played WR before (and his hands show it). I see Denmark as a special teamer, SS backup and nickle linebacker which is much more valuable than anything Iggy can provide.

I really hope he gets a chance.
I'm hoping he could step up to SS.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
and 1[44] ?

That one confused me as well but he means pick #144 which i'm thinking you already got by now.

I really like the first two picks with not only going WR/CB but also like the WR/CB you took for us. I've made it well known that i'm a big Aiyuk fan and out of all the CB's i've seen mocked to us over the last couple months, D.Arnette is the one i've seen the most but he's usually at #43 so getting him at #59 is even better.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like it. Aiyuk isn't my favorite WR prospect, but I wouldn't hate the pick. Very intrigued by his skillset. The Bears have really never had a WR like him. The success they've had at WR has come from bigger bodies, and they've had speed here and there with guys like Hester and Knox. But Aiyuk is a good combo of a WR that can catch it short and get RAC and can get deep. Needs to refine route running.

Don't love Arnette either, think he may be more of a nickel guy than outside. But he's solid value at 59.

Cameron Clark is one of my favorite sleepers in this draft. He needs to get stronger, but I think he can stick at tackle, maybe even LT.

The late picks are solid. I'd be cautiously optimistic with this draft.