Final Mock Draft

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Davis Mills strikes me as a guy who, if things work out as best as can be hoped, his ceiling is Mitch Trubisky.
Davis Miles has a better skill set than Trubisky but has the injury issues. Not sure the Bears can risk taking him with the limited experience and injury issues. They need this QB choice to work. They might trade for Jimmy G if they can't get a top 5 QB.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If that were to happen, Carolina would be thrilled. Trade down from 8 and still draft Darrisaw to protect Darnold? Win-win.

Everyone seems to thin Atlanta passes on QB and picks Pitts, and I can certainly see that. But why would Atlanta not trade down in a year when teams are hungry for QB, and still get Pitts or another very valuable piece? Most agree Atlanta can be the wild card. I think they should trade down, but it won't surprise anyone if they don't.

Jones at #20? I wouldn't hate that.
Who exactly do you think Atlanta is going to trade down with while still being able to get Pitts? That's not realistic

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Albright's mock draft has NE trading up to 8 for Fields. The Bears draft Mac Jones at 20.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Well, the way you frame this is that whatever the Bears do it is wrong. If NE trades up, the Bears are wrong for not doing a similar trade. If NE doesn't, it's because they won't overpay, thus the bears did.

Unfair.

That's literally not what I said and I don't see what is unfair.

The comment was responding to someone that brought up New England moving up in the draft and all I did was call out that NE rarely trades up and when they do, they don't over pay (unlike the Bears, who always over-pay, Mitch ring a bell??) Also that NE's draft picks, especially first rounders, are not nearly as valuable as other teams 1st rounders because for 20+ years NE hasn't drafted this high.

Its no secret that the Bears would more then likely have to over-pay to move up to Get Fields/Lance and that are more likely to do that than New England...

DB012031

Liked Posts:
CHI just plain and simple doesn't have much ammunition for a trade. They have the worst to offer of all the teams wanting to trade up for a QB.

I don't disagree there. At face value, most teams have more picks to offer as Chicago is still recovering picks from the Mack and Mitch trades.. The only way Chicago moves up is by vastly over-paying with 1st and 2nd rounders.

I consistently said, though, that if they are going to over-pay, this is the year to do it because next years current crop of QB's doesn't look very good compared to this year. So if the Bears don't make a move, its likely 2 more years before they invest in a 1st Round QB and very well could be staring at a new regime (Coach and GM).

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like it...

UnconsciousFarflungFerret-size_restricted.gif

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree there. At face value, most teams have more picks to offer as Chicago is still recovering picks from the Mack and Mitch trades.. The only way Chicago moves up is by vastly over-paying with 1st and 2nd rounders.

I consistently said, though, that if they are going to over-pay, this is the year to do it because next years current crop of QB's doesn't look very good compared to this year. So if the Bears don't make a move, its likely 2 more years before they invest in a 1st Round QB and very well could be staring at a new regime (Coach and GM).
And that is precisely why they will make a move up, because Pace and Nagy don’t want that new regime to come in.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Who exactly do you think Atlanta is going to trade down with while still being able to get Pitts? That's not realistic
Yeah, Miami could grab him. I think they need to decide whether Pitts at TE is more valuable than a guy they can grab in the first round plus a haul of other picks. Pitts is really getting a lot of love, but it's a deep draft at WR and he's not terribly different than a WR. But for Atlanta, WR is already a strength. It just seems they could really add a lot if they trade down, and risk losing one particular player.

Cincy needs to go OL. Detroit could grab Pitts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

What 2021 picks are the bears missing from those trades?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Colin Cancer is confirming Denver has traded for Teddy.

A 6th round pick.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm hoping/praying that Pace's draft board has has a very wide gap between Fields and Jones, with people like Darrisaw/Slater/Cosmi/Jenkins between those two.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Miami could grab him. I think they need to decide whether Pitts at TE is more valuable than a guy they can grab in the first round plus a haul of other picks. Pitts is really getting a lot of love, but it's a deep draft at WR and he's not terribly different than a WR. But for Atlanta, WR is already a strength. It just seems they could really add a lot if they trade down, and risk losing one particular player.

Detroit and another TE. Would be fun to read their board if that happened even with him being a good player.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping/praying that Pace's draft board has has a very wide gap between Fields and Jones, with people like Darrisaw/Slater/Cosmi/Jenkins between those two.
I'm not convinced that Jones isn't #1 on their board. Nagy is running the QB search. I like Fields a lot more than Jones but Jones' strengths are exactly what Nagy says he wants in a QB.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not convinced that Jones isn't #1 on their board. Nagy is running the QB search. I like Fields a lot more than Jones but Jones' strengths are exactly what Nagy says he wants in a QB.
Ok.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Detroit and another TE. Would be fun to read their board if that happened even with him being a good player.
Would bring back memories of Matt Millen going WR every single year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I simultaneously would like to see the Bears get Fields and worry that he has bust potential. But I think it's a risk worth taking.

I think Jones has a lower ceiling and perhaps a higher floor.

I don't want Lance. If the bears wind up with him, I will hope to see him prove me wrong.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I simultaneously would like to see the Bears get Fields and worry that he has bust potential. But I think it's a risk worth taking.
If QB is the most important position in football (arguably in all sports) then you can't be afraid to to fail when taking one. You shouldn't also let one failure (Mitch) stop you from trying again. Nor should you worry you're giving up too much to acquire one. If you're not willing to do those three things, then you don't think it's the most important position.

That's always been my opinion, sounds like you agree.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Julio is on the trade block. Taking Pitts to replace him would be a solid move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If QB is the most important position in football (arguably in all sports) then you can't be afraid to to fail when taking one. You shouldn't also let one failure (Mitch) stop you from trying again. Nor should you worry you're giving up too much to acquire one. If you're not willing to do those three things, then you don't think it's the most important position.

That's always been my opinion, sounds like you agree.
* Not drafting a QB because you don't think he the one is not included in this.