Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
...I think with Cousins you have to blitz him more and take your chances...

That is the key right there. Blitz Cousins and keep blitzing him. He gets flustered and starts yelling at his team when you blitz him. The lack of a blitz is the main reason we lost, plain and simple.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is the key right there. Blitz Cousins and keep blitzing him. He gets flustered and starts yelling at his team when you blitz him. The lack of a blitz is the main reason we lost, plain and simple.
lol no. I'll take my chances bubbling Jefferson then giving up huge plays.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not a good look 52 minutes into game 5 of his first season lol.

I don't mind either of these calls, one or the other not both. Going for 2 points on that first drive in the 3rd qtr coming out of halftime, I thought it was way too early to do that but understand the aggressiveness. The following up that with an onside kick attempt was a head scratcher.
I think he was just trying to get some momentum because the D at that point wasn't stopping shit. I'm like 50/50 on whether those 2 calls were good or not. I appreciated the aggressiveness though. Like you said, probably too early on the 2pt attempt. The onside kick, he saw the look he wanted and went for it. I definitely didn't see it coming.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, it has been this way every year and was looking bad in that first half (was looking setting records once again bad). I will take credit for that turnaround ?. It was great to see the team put up fight, however there are no moral victories in the NFL.

Best game of the year for the Bears, even in a loss. Kyler Gordon took a big step today and so did Fields.

Of course there are moral victories in the NFL particularly for a young team not competing for a title this year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he was just trying to get some momentum because the D at that point wasn't stopping shit. I'm like 50/50 on whether those 2 calls were good or not. I appreciated the aggressiveness though. Like you said, probably too early on the 2pt attempt. The onside kick, he saw the look he wanted and went for it. I definitely didn't see it coming.
I mean then why risk giving them a short field especially after a failed 2 pt conversion.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its frustrating to see the bears defense get abused but its way to early for the fire flus stuff...this scheme is designed to put pressure on the qb with just your front four and bears dont have a stud on the inside to bring pressure up the middle. im not a fan williams as the DC but will give him the end of the year to judge, he knows he doesnt have the talent up front and the secondary is not at full strength but refuses to blitz as well allowing opponents to do whatever they want.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean then why risk giving them a short field especially after a failed 2 pt conversion.
Probably because he figured whether they had to go 40, or 80 they were probably marching down the field either way. Might as well roll the dice and try and get back in the game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Definitely was big on Dabol because he tailors the offense around the strengths of the best players. He would have done wonders for Fields, but honestly I don’t think he wanted to come here. I think he wanted the NY job.

Eh Jones and Fields both had their first 200 yard game yesterday. The real difference between Giants and Bears is in the trenches. Lions have 2 tackles taken 5 and 7 in the entire draft. We have 2 5th rounders. That DL consists of 3 first rounders and a 2nd round pick. Old as Quinn is the only top draft pick on our DL.

The simple reality is the Giants have more top end draft talent in the trenches which is where they are winning. That and they have a top 5 RB draft pick that is healthy. If you give us Daboll and give the Giants Flus the reality is those teams would probably still have the same records.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would I quit saying something that's the truth? Just because you're in denial over it doesn't make it not the truth.
It’s simply not true. This talent is bottom 5 in the NFL but it is not expansion level. Not even close. You are quite the hyperbolic poster it seems.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It’s simply not true. This talent is bottom 5 in the NFL but it is not expansion level. Not even close. You are quite the hyperbolic poster it seems.
He doesn't watch or understand the game, but loves to talk in broad strokes about it based off things he's heard on the radio.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'll give the coaching a pass for now since they are well devoid of much talent on this roster but not many fans will put up with this shit for long they better get some talent quick and develop what they have already drafted or they are a sinking ship

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
for a half.

name of the game is consistency. If the bears can't outplay the lowly washington commanders on thursday it's going to be a top 5 pick season.
It's a long season. Fields needs time and reps. And some better players. But there are moments here that are great to see.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
for a half.

name of the game is consistency. If the bears can't outplay the lowly washington commanders on thursday it's going to be a top 5 pick season.
If they aren't going to make the playoffs, then let them loose to the Redskins. I'll take that top five pick and any others we can acquire.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here I am, missing the game, seeing the final, watching the local news when I get in and hearing on local talk radio that there were positive vibes that some players seem to be improving (such as Fields and Gordon), and it appears Eberflus is getting through to his players, but that all agree the roster isn't the best.

Then I come here and instead of feeling better about the direction of the team I see a thread requesting the coach be fired?

And btw, that was NOT a block in the back. The vikings player basically flopped and attracted the ref's attention. He admitted as much post-game.

All in all, this team is not where it needs to be but it's much too early to be firing any coaches.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I'll say this much about Eberflus, he has these guys playing hard. Despite our losses, they've been in every single game they've played in. They fight, they swipe for the ball, they're getting turnovers and now the offense is looking like it might have an identity.

I like the foundation Flus is establishing. I don't want to get excited, but I am.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they aren't going to make the playoffs, then let them loose to the Redskins. I'll take that top five pick and any others we can acquire.
Why do people say that kind of stuff? That just doesn't happen and no coach will ever do that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Bears beat the Commanders, and I’m starting to doubt they will since they have a pass rush even w/o Young, how much longer does Ron Rivera get?

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Why do people say that kind of stuff? That just doesn't happen and no coach will ever do that.
No coach will ever do what? I was just saying that if they aren't making the playoffs, i'm okay with losing games if it's going to give us a real chance next year. I wasn't suggesting we tank on purpose.