Fire Getsy

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They have a great head coach!

They drafted two tackles that make ours look like women. They also have good receivers too.

Having said that, geno smith has been a bum for over a decade and he’s outplaying our QB by miles.

Sad sad sad!

Detroit lions will put up 50 on us
With Fields not even being given the chance to prove he’s the guy, and admittedly doesn’t look the guy as it is, I wonder what the draft need board will look like next year

So many positions with major needs—

QB, WR, LT, RT, DT, LB, DE, CB, IOL

Maybe FA will knock off 2(or 3)of those needs.

dignan

Liked Posts:
Don't think it's fair to lay the blame at Getsy's feet. Getsy is giving Fields a run/pass option on every play, and Fields can switch to either based on his pre-snap assessment. Folks complaining about the offense being overly conservative should keep that in mind... Fields can switch to a pass play at any point, but he's choosing not to.

The struggles in the passing game are mostly on Fields - he's suffering from paralysis by overanalysis. Just way too many changes in one offseason IMO - from major changes to his throwing mechanics, footwork, and learning a new playbook on top of all that. It's a lot to digest for a seasoned veteran let alone a 2nd year QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think a lot of you don’t realize how bad the talent is. Calling for Getsy to be fired now is comical.
I'm having fun with it but i'm actually sticking by what i've been saying that i'm gonna trust this new process until i see what happens with progressions with players and coaches (mainly play calling) and see what Poles does with a full crop of draft picks and a ton of cap space.

It damn sure does not look good in many directions anyone can point to right now, and i do think the way Poles has decided to build this team with the staff and personnel can hurt the growth of Fields. If Fields does end up a bust for where he was drafted then i will blame it on Poles and the staff even though we'll never actually know if he was simply a bust no matter what we did.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They have a great head coach!

They drafted two tackles that make ours look like women. They also have good receivers too.

Having said that, geno smith has been a bum for over a decade and he’s outplaying our QB by miles.

Sad sad sad!

Detroit lions will put up 50 on us
Detroit was also without their #1 and #2 WR's in St Brown and Chark.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
With Fields not even being given the chance to prove he’s the guy, and admittedly doesn’t look the guy as it is, I wonder what the draft need board will look like next year

So many positions with major needs—

QB, WR, LT, RT, DT, LB, DE, CB, IOL

Maybe FA will knock off 2(or 3)of those needs.
Poles nailed the punter pick!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think I'd fire the defensive coordinator first, that was as embarrassing as I have ever seen.
My Vikings buddy keeps trolling me asking how it’s going with Williams as DC. He’s loving it. He’s especially excited to see him this Sunday!

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
Don't be surprised if the fire Getsy chants start at Soldier Field if he keeps running this boring offense. A lot earlier than the Nagy chants.
I don't agree with it but yeah. No if the offense still looks this inept in year 2 I will think it's totally justified.