Fire Pace and Nagy

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
because he was the only guy on the market that knew Nagy’s “offense”.

But they were looking for a team guy that would be willing to compete with Mitch for the job and its far more likely that Defillipo who coached Foles last year and Lazor that had him as a rookie sold Foles to Nagy as opposed to Nagy going to look for Foles. They wanted Bridgewater and Covid shutdown hit before they could go after anyone else

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
But they were looking for a team guy that would be willing to compete with Mitch for the job and its far more likely that Defillipo who coached Foles last year and Lazor that had him as a rookie sold Foles to Nagy as opposed to Nagy going to look for Foles. They wanted Bridgewater and Covid shutdown hit before they could go after anyone else

Nagy coached Foles in Philly and KC.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing with Pace & Nagy.......they came here with no experience. Our D carried them.

our defense has been garbage outside of 2018

before 2018 it was cheap and now its just really expensive and we had 5 wins then and we have 5 wins now

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Nagy coached Foles in KC.

But he never actually called played for Foles and they have said this the past 4 weeks straight that they knew each other but Nagy has never called played for Foles so again it was the QB far more likely selling Nagy that Foles is the guy who could run what he wanted the QB coach just didnt realize that alot of what Nagy wanted to run was garbage because of the oline .

Is there really anyone who follows football that didnt understand the moment we traded for Foles we needed to keep him clean for him to have success ?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
But he never actually called played for Foles and they have said this the past 4 weeks straight that they knew each other but Nagy has never called played for Foles so again it was the QB far more likely selling Nagy that Foles is the guy who could run what he wanted the QB coach just didnt realize that alot of what Nagy wanted to run was garbage because of the oline .

Is there really anyone who follows football that didnt understand the moment we traded for Foles we needed to keep him clean for him to have success ?

Nagy was his QB coach in KC

Defillipo didn’t calls plays for him in Philly either.

Foles is in Chicago because of Nagy. It’s that simple.

wasted 4th rd pick and millions in salary.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
our defense has been garbage outside of 2018

before 2018 it was cheap and now its just really expensive and we had 5 wins then and we have 5 wins now

Oh will you stop it. :rolleyes:The Bears have always been known for D.....going back to the beginning of the NFL. I can name 4-5 teams that would be in the SB with our D of the last 3-4 yrs.

You expect our D to hold teams under 20pts for the whole with no offensive help .....c'mon dude. And I'd bet u expect the D to score pts. Our problem has been offense. In particular Qb.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have never hoped the Bears would lose a game. Never. This is the first time that I have ever been alright with the Bears losing and I’m hoping we go 5-11. Total rebuild. New coach. New GM. Trade away the big contracts and stack some draft picks. Find someone that understands you need more than defense to win. Understands the importance of an offensive line. Most penalized team in NFL, almost last offense (again), and an offensive line that is comical. I’d rather suffer these next few years and rebuild. Just pray we get the right coach and GM this time.
batiatus | Tumblr

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
they already have used the quarterback, runningback, o coordinator and o line coach scapegoats.

Nagy only has 1 year left on his deal. He finished
He's got 2 years left

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He's got 2 years left
Pace is the one with one year left. Though I'd imagine its probably pretty easy to get out of the Nagy deal, though oddly no terms have ever been released aside from the fact Nagy signed for five years.

Angryfan

Liked Posts:
FIRE NAGY TODAY!!
Yes or let’s all start following the jets. A team truly successful at failure. Nagy is a fucking idiot and his plays are dumb and dumber. He must go tomorrow. Grow some balls McCaskeys

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So who the heck needs to wake up and start the shit canning? Is Ted Phillips allowed to take any action? Or is this entirely on George H McCaskey who needs to put down his crumpets and tea and do some real work?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy's seats are barely warm in the real world even if they are scorching here on CCS. If they even sniff .500 for the rest of the season no one is getting fired, though they could be in trouble if there is an epic, Trestman-like implosion.

Probably the best we can hope for is 1) management orders Nagy to give up play calling and 2) Pace drafts a QB with a higher floor than Trubisky and drafts or signs about three stud OL.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
So who the heck needs to wake up and start the shit canning? Is Ted Phillips allowed to take any action? Or is this entirely on George H McCaskey who needs to put down his crumpets and tea and do some real work?
I imagine George McCaskey is pissed this morning. Ryan Pace had some some pretty good draft picks this past year but none of that matter when you do not draft the right QB and now the OL is shit (though other teams are dealing with oline problems and still do not look this inept). Ryan Pace selected the wrong QB and hired a bad coach.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I believe Dallas has 4 back up lineman in and Gilbert at QB...they drive down and got 3 vs the Steelers.....their coaching staff isn't anything to be bragged about...but at least their scheme is to their players strengths.....Nagy and his bs scheme need to gtfoh

That's a horrible comparison cause the Cowboys have C.Lamb, A.Cooper, M.Gallup and E.Elliott on offense. You can win with bad o-lines in this league though but you have to have a great QB or a decent QB but a play caller that knows how to play to his teams and the other teams weaknesses and Nagy clearly isn't that guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been telling you guys pace is trash for 5 years. I feel vindicated. Where is the resident pace lover spunky porkstacker?

Ummmmmmm i'm the resident Pace lover damn it.

Who are some options to replace Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace?
The Chicago Bears are trending in the wrong direction, having lost their last three games. If that trend continues, not only could they look to change head coaches next year, but also replace Ryan Pace, their general manager.

Supporters of Pace will cite the fact that he inherited a bare, aging roster devoid of much talent on both sides of the football. While that is true, the fact remains that through his first five full seasons as general manager, he is 34-46 and his team currently sits at 5-4. In those five years, the Bears have exactly one winning season and one playoff appearance.

To put this in perspective, Thomas Dimitroff, who was recently fired by the Atlanta Falcons inherited a team in 2008 that had gone 4-12 the previous season. It’s starting quarterback was Joey Harrington. In his first year as general manager, the Falcons finished 11-5 and made the playoffs. In his 12+ seasons, his record was 109-83, including six playoff appearances including a trip to the Super Bowl. So the “blame his predecessor” excuse only goes so far.

As for Pace, despite building a defense that is at or near the top of the league each year, his incompetence on the offensive side simply cannot be ignored. Whether it’s his ability to evaluate the quarterback position (Mike Glennon and Mitch Trubisky), or the tight end position (Dion Sims, Adam Shaheen, and Trey Burton), or his gross neglect of the offensive line, the results on offense speak for themselves.

If the Bears decide to move on this year, it would be hard to blame them. While we previously highlighted some potential replacements, we now want to take a look at some options that may not be as well known and could be flying under the radar. So here they are in no particular order.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Been saying it for awhile

Yeah but you say a lot of things and that are wrong. You've backed many of the moves that Pace has made and you were a huge Pace and Nagy fan when they won GMOY and HCOY and you used to be one of the most positive posters on here and now you're top 5 of the most negative so basically you're a huge flip flopper so kinda hard to take anything you say without a grain of salt.

Keep making those mock offseasons though.