Fire Pace

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
As the final nail goes in to our season, I find myself feeling bad for Trubisky and holding a righteous anger for Pace. This was an absolute reckoning for him as a GM on primetime.

His hand picked QB looks shell shocked, capable of making plays but infrequently and seeing ghosts out there. He looks broken. He's also bad. I know they want to keep him but I think he may be done and seven more weeks could finish him off. So be it I guess. We know who Pace passed on but let's look at the rest of his team in Year 5...

The OL got absolutely manhandled today. I know Donald is the best defensive player in football but my God, Pace's 2nd round pick got eaten alive. The rest of the line didn't fare any better. All hand picked by Pace or extended by him. I hope Massie's back keeps him out for the rest of the season. How many runs did we have for 0 yards today? No push from anyone. Is it effort, scheme, coaching, personnel? I think Pace has built an under-powered, passive, somewhat agile but bewilderingly terrible line.

The TE group is an omnishambles. There isn't a worse position group in the entire NFL and certainly not one that has had so much invested in it.

I don't know what you build around offensively but maybe the WR group offers something. Again though, drops killed us when Mitch did make a throw and we had coverage sacks galore. Even Robinson dropped one. Let's see some Wims and Ridley. We should move on from Gabriel anyway in the offseason. Miller made some plays but him jawing away after that interception was infuriating. The fact the WR room doesn't need to be burnt to the fucking ground makes it the best performing unit on offense so certificates and sodas all around on that score.

At least Cohen did something so there's that.

Roquan and Jackson coming back to life is welcome. I give the defense credit. This is by and large not their problem and they are coping as best they can without Hicks. They forced turnovers, had another fumble and shut the Rams out for two quarters.

His coach may be a fraud and is certainly a playcalling dumbass at least two or three times a game. Here I counted the 3rd and 1 option route, the numerous RPOs where Mitch NEVER keeps the ball, the non FG try on 4th and 9. There were more.

My God, Pinero. I almost forgot about him. He's like the drink you take with you into the study to end it all, only to find as you take your final sip that someone has drunk all your fine whisky and pissed in the decanter. If you don't trust your power kicker to make a 50 yarder on 4th and 9 on your second drive, then you need to cut your kicker.

Too many holes, not enough to build around, not enough cap space and no picks. This unravelled fast. Blow it up!

#firepace

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I believe the Bears are falling a lot harder than what we're realizing, it'll be other 4 years before we're true & honestly talking about playoffs because all this is a farce. It just is.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I'm going to copy and paste my post from Novoitus' excellent thread.

The Bears displayed a very obvious entitled attitude during The Season From Hell (2014). The names of the Executives (GM on down) and Coaches (Head Coach, Coordinators, and Assistants) do not matter as long as The McCaskeys (including Sweaty Ted Phillips) are in charge. They insulate themselves so deeply from blame and shame and almost have contempt towards fans that aren't brain dead, fanboi, cheerleaders (like some posters here that shall go nameless because their girlfriends might find out) that they think their shit does not stink. Ever since "Woof Woof" Michael McCaskey made Jerry Vanisi the scapegoat for Doug Flutie's Playoff Game VS the Washington Foreskins, fired him, and then refused to hire a General Manager for fourteen years the Bears started to sink into the cesspool they currently occupy from which they will never escape until the team gets new ownership.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Speaking purely out of logic and not anger (anger left me a long time ago, friends), I do think that the more we look back at Pace moves that we thought were good at the time, the more staggering it is to see just how many of those were, in fact, bad moves or haven't panned out.

If it weren't for the Mack acquisition, Pace would be seen as nakedly incompetent by most. It's amazing how he's managed to fill out a roster that had the bottom completely fall out.

Floyd - just a guy
Mitch - very subpar, and that's putting it kindly
Shaheen - bust
Cohen - a 1 year wonder
Miller - not gonna work out
Daniels - struggling to adjust to the NFL and knowing who to block
Various mid-to-late-round picks - either not on the team, or barely hanging on
Draft picks - gone.

Again, though, speaking logically, barring a complete lose-out collapse, Nagy and Pace are still here next year. But might it be better if they just tailspun at this point and blew it up after a 4-12/5-11 year?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I'm going to copy and paste my post from Novoitus' excellent thread.

The Bears displayed a very obvious entitled attitude during The Season From Hell (2014). The names of the Executives (GM on down) and Coaches (Head Coach, Coordinators, and Assistants) do not matter as long as The McCaskeys (including Sweaty Ted Phillips) are in charge. They insulate themselves so deeply from blame and shame and almost have contempt towards fans that aren't brain dead, fanboi, cheerleaders (like some posters here that shall go nameless because their girlfriends might find out) that they think their shit does not stink. Ever since "Woof Woof" Michael McCaskey made Jerry Vanisi the scapegoat for Doug Flutie's Playoff Game VS the Washington Foreskins, fired him, and then refused to hire a General Manager for fourteen years the Bears started to sink into the cesspool they currently occupy from which they will never escape until the team gets new ownership.

Liked it there and will like it again here.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Again, though, speaking logically, barring a complete lose-out collapse, Nagy and Pace are still here next year. But might it be better if they just tailspun at this point and blew it up after a 4-12/5-11 year?

No. It won't. What happens? They fire Pace and Nagy? Ok, now what? Same stupid owners will select another ill-prepared moron (or farm it out to dumb research guy who will just fuck it up FOR them) like the last few morons for GM ...who will then stupidly pick a new HC.

Wash, rinse, repeat. We are doomed like Tantalus reaching for the fruit always out of reach, yet the hunger will not subside. Bears fans do not deserve this circle of hell.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Same stupid owners will select another ill-prepared moron (or farm it out to dumb research guy who will just fuck it up FOR them) like the last few morons for GM ...who will then stupidly pick a new HC.

I get it and it’s a major issue but it’s something we know will never change. The only way that happens is if fans rebel and that’ll never happen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
hicks
Trevethan
Akumura
Mack trade
Robinson

out of all the years he’s been here and spending over 200 mil in guarantees those are the only free agents that have panned out. I’m listing only the ones that panned out it would take too long to list the bums.

the list from the draft is kind of similar

nichols
Goldman
Smith-we got to see last years smith yesterday
Jackson
Rrh-huge fan of his but totally disappeared now without hicks around
Whitehair
Howard-trades for peanuts
Cohen-based on past performance

doesn’t make one feel all to confident in the gm now does it

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking purely out of logic and not anger (anger left me a long time ago, friends), I do think that the more we look back at Pace moves that we thought were good at the time, the more staggering it is to see just how many of those were, in fact, bad moves or haven't panned out.

If it weren't for the Mack acquisition, Pace would be seen as nakedly incompetent by most. It's amazing how he's managed to fill out a roster that had the bottom completely fall out.

Floyd - just a guy KINDA AGREE
Mitch - very subpar, and that's putting it kindly TRUE
Shaheen - bust TOTALLY AGREE
Cohen - a 1 year wonder NO WAY, NOT BEING USED RIGHT
Miller - not gonna work out BONEHEAD PLAYS, BUT HAS ABILITY
Daniels - struggling to adjust to the NFL and knowing who to block UNSURE
Various mid-to-late-round picks - either not on the team, or barely hanging on PROBABLY RIGHT
Draft picks - gone. YEP

Agree with some of this.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone got any ideas on potential GM candidates post-Pace? I’ve got 3 different names, all different flavors.

1. Ed Dodds assistant GM of the Colts. Highly regarded around the league. Was one of the architects of the Seahawks SB roster. Ballards right hand man and I know the board loves Ballard.

2. A.J. Smith. He had some clunkers with SD years ago but I think he’s got an eye for talent. During his time they always had a bunch of talent. He was the guy I wanted the Bears to bring in prior to Emery. From what I heard he’s back in the league working in the Raiders front office with Mayock and people are raving about their ‘19 draft class.

3. speaking of Mayock, how about Daniel Jeremiah? *runs for cover because I know it’s ridiculous*

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There was not a chance that Pace would get fired at the end of the season, however no one anticipated how bad of a season this has turned into. There are still 6 games left. It is complete chaos right now and Pace's draft picks are looking worse and worse. The James Daniels pick is looking bad. I understand he got beat by a great player but he has looked lost all year and got benched as a center (that was the position he was drafted to play). Pace is on the hot seat and there is a chance he may end up being fired this year. Not sure management is going to want him signing another expensive veteran QB and potentially selecting another QB. The Mack trade is looking so bad right now.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky makes a high amount of money to play like CHIT. Why would you feel bad for that benched bum?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There really is not an argument for keeping him, because either

1. His hand picked QB is a mega bust

2. His hand picked coach is a total fraud

3. Both

Any of the 3 are a fireable offense.
And the draft picks are just not showing up. Part of that is because his main draft pick is a total bust but still.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace is Jerry Angelo all over again. Decent enough draft picks in the later rounds but simply hasn't hit on enough top picks for sustained success.

Kevin White - Garbage
Eddie Goldman - Good player
Grasu - Selling pineapples somewhere.

Floyd - Average player
Cody - Good player
Bullard - Forgot he was on the team.

Trubisky - Traded up for dazed and confused
Shaheen - Softer than Charmin

Roquan - Average player
Daniels - Not looking good anywhere
Miller - Traded up for a head fucking case

First 3 rounds are the money rounds. You gotta be able to hit on a star or two and some good players. The only clear cut good players in the bunch are Goldman and Cody. That is 2 outta 11 which is less than a 20% success rate.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone is welcome on this bandwagon.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Everyone is welcome on this bandwagon.

I surely am and would think most are but how likely is it? Maybe 6 straight more embarrassing losses would help the cause. Hopefully, 12-4 to 4-12 with no excuses has to prove 2018 is a fluke to King George.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace looks like a nice wholesome boy like Trubs did so I am sure he will stick around a while. Those things matter more than being good at your job.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace is going to get fired before next year. He'll get another chance to bring in another QB.

I have no problem with him if he admits the mistake and brings in a competent starter next year.

Obviously, you'll laugh at the notion at first...but let's just pretend that Pace drafted a "Gardner Minshew" type in the 2nd round.

A lot of you would be back to full on reach arounds for Pace...lol - I kid, but you get the point.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His position should be untenable. Drafted a bust QB, as well as so many other misses in the draft, hired a complete joke as head coach.

Pace has to go, Nagy has to go & Teddy has to go.