First Overall Pick Mock Off Season

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Free Agency

Bears sign DT Da'Ron Payne to 5 years 100 million

25 year old Daron Payne might be the number one defensive lineman the Chicago Bears should pursue, and it’s probably not even close. Payne has only missed one game for Washington and has been a consistent problem for opposing offensive lines throughout his career.

maxresdefault-jpg.25306

Bears sign RT Jawaan Taylor to 4 years 78 million

Jaguars are in cap hell and they have a young tackle waiting to move to the right tackle spot that they drafted in the second round in 2021 in Walker Little. 2023 cap space status Jaguars: $-18,064,422 may allow the Bears to steal a quality player from the Jaguars at the right tackle position.

usatsi_13405743_168388385_lowres-jpg.25307

Bears sign DE Yannick Ngakoue to 4 years 60 million
Ngakoue hasn't find a home in the NFL he's played for the Vikings, Jaguars, Raiders, Colts, and the Ravens. He excels at one thing and that's getting the QB he can't do much else but Eberflus is smart enough to game plan on what he does best.

how-dominant-colts_-yannick-ngakoue-was-last-year-jpg.25042

Bears sign C Ethan Pocic to 4 years 35 million

The Illinois native will be 28 years old next season but is coming off his best year yet as a center. He has had a tremendous 83.0 PFF grade until his knee injury forced him to move to IR for four weeks. Bears need to move on from Sam Mustipher this season and get Fields some chemistry with a good center.

CK5X5RJ2ORE5RFPZ5VVD6YHKVY.jpg

Draft

*Bears trade 2023 first round pick (#1) to the Detroit Lions for 2023 first round pick (#6), 2023 first round pick (#17), 2023 second round pick, 2023 sixth round pick

Lions draft QB Bryce Young
Texans draft QB CJ Stroud
Seahawks draft DE Will Anderson Jr
Cardinals draft DT Jalen Carter
Colts draft DE Myles Murphy

1 [6] WR Quentin Johnston [TCU] 6'4 220lbs

Quentin Johnston has pretty much perfect measurables, standing 6-4 and weighing in at just over 210lbs with legit 4.4 speed. He is currently the top rated WR in this years draft.

9218784.jpg

1 [17] RB Jaymyr Gibbs [Alabama] 5'11 200lbs

It is rare to see a RB who possesses both elite pass-catching ability and bell cow power back prowess. Gibbs can truly fit in with any offense in the NFL run heavy or pass heavy and be a coveted asset.

USATSI_19158443.jpg

2 [] DE Will McDonald IV [Iowa State] 6'3 240lbs

While McDonald is a productive pass rusher, the popular question is: where do you draft an undersized defensive end who lacks the elite burst off the edge that a player his size needs? Another thing scouts wonder is: what type of scheme will he fit in best?

I currently have a low second-round grade on McDonald, but could easily see him slipping to day three of the draft if he does not put up strong testing numbers at the NFL Draft Scouting Combine. In terms of what scheme he fits best in, he should be able to reach his potential in either a 3-4 defense or 4-3 defense.

In a 3-4 scheme he will likely be asked to play outside linebacker, where he will be required to constantly rush the passer, and at times drop into coverage. McDonald is athletic enough of a defender that he should be able to succeed in this role. In a 4-3 defense he will be best playing in a nine-technique, where his lack of size will be less of a concern.

Will-McDonald-EDGE-Iowa-State.jpg

2 [] C/G Luke Wypler [Ohio State] 6'3 300lbs

In 2020 as a freshman Wypler saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 15 snaps for the Buckeyes. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.

As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games and a total of 860 snaps. He conceded an impressive 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at center.

In 2022 as a junior Wypler saw action in 12 games and totaled 757 snaps. He gave up an impressive 6 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at cente

VCGH6RTIEZHVNM3AV63CAN7QNU.jpg

3 [] CB Emmanuel Forbes [Mississippi State] 6'0 180lbs

• His length and leaping ability allow him to high-point the ball and make plays. Forbes would have had bigger interception numbers in college had opposing quarterbacks not gone out of their way to avoid him.

usatsi_19050416.jpg

Round 4, Pick 104: CB Tarheeb Still, Maryland​

Round 4, Pick 134: OG Clark Barrington, BYU

Round 5, Pick 138: WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State​

Round 5, Pick 153: DL Moro Ojomo, Texas​

Round 7, Pick 220: LB Darius Muasau, UCLA​

Round 7, Pick 259: CB Al Blades, Miami​

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nice. Draft two skill position busts and pass on Anderson/Carter while giving the detroit lions the key to their next superbowl.

Keep doing these, they are getting worse every time.

Appreciate the effort but lets at least wait till the combine to make another one sir.

Edit: Why are we drafting 3 cornerbacks?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice. Draft two skill position busts and pass on Anderson/Carter while giving the detroit lions the key to their next superbowl.

Keep doing these, they are getting worse every time.

Appreciate the effort but lets at least wait till the combine to make another one sir.

Edit: Why are we drafting 3 cornerbacks?

The Lions will only waste a new QB's career.

Bears have no skill players they are desperately needed. Bears need a number one WR.

I will I enjoy it and nothing else to do at work. Haha.

If you don't like it don't read.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
lmao this is one of the dumbest mocks I have seen yet.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Lions are doing great with Goff. He has a great line, running backs and receivers. They are better off keeping the picks and adding more talent, they may even trade down as well....

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Yeah, I don't see the Bears giving Detroit the first overall pick for any amount of compensation, but the amount you listed is definitely not enough for an intra-division rival.

Also, this board is gonna have a damn meltdown when Payne gets franchise tagged, or re-signed by Washington. Time to switch it up and do a mock free agency where he isn't the centerpiece.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lions are doing great with Goff. He has a great line, running backs and receivers. They are better off keeping the picks and adding more talent, they may even trade down as well....
Lions aren’t winning anything with Goff. Lions would be smart to draft their QB and let him sit next year and learn behind Goff.

Now, that doesn’t mean they should trade up to do so necessarily

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Lions aren’t winning anything with Goff. Lions would be smart to draft their QB and let him sit next year and learn behind Goff.

Now, that doesn’t mean they should trade up to do so necessarily
Yeah trading up would be stupid, but maybe Richardson or Levis being drafted and sitting for a year would make sense.