First-pick.com mock draft. Half the board will love it, half will hate it lol

msadows

Liked Posts:
Some of you really need to look up the difference between luxury and necessity.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We don't need another running back.

Just like we dont NEED another wide reciever.

Some of you need to decipher the difference between NEED and WANT.

What we need, desperately, is a RG and a RT. No one was putting up respectable stats behind that oline last year.

And you need to remember that just because you don't think RB and WR are a need doesn't mean it's true and the guys that know what we're trying to do on offense don't think we need a WR or RB.

Nagy said he understands that he needs to make changes to his offense and needs to adapt to what we have. How do we know that he doesn't think that we need to be more of a running team like San Fran or Tenn and if so then we absolutely need another true RB which we only have one of right now.

I think we should trade Cohen to the Bucs or another team and get a true RB to pair with Monty.

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
Also, I drafted a G and T as well in that mock. I'm not saying I want a RB, especially in the 2nd Round...I just saw that and was intrigued cause not ONE person has brought up an early pick on a RB

msadows

Liked Posts:
Do we need an upgrade at RB? Nah
Would it be nice to have one? Sure

Lets draft one in the 2nd round!

This is the Matt Millen method of drafting, boys.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Also, no idea what makes you done with cohen. Yes, he had a down year last year, but everyone on the team pretty much did, including Khalil Mack.

Just a season ago cohen was a budding star, now he's a dumpster fire because we don't have the talent around him to help him succeed?

And just a season ago Leno and Massie were playing better then they did last year. So i guess you think everyone but those two can get back to how they played in 2018??

msadows

Liked Posts:
And you need to remember that just because you don't think RB and WR are a need doesn't mean it's true and the guys that know what we're trying to do on offense don't think we need a WR or RB.

Nagy said he understands that he needs to make changes to his offense and needs to adapt to what we have. How do we know that he doesn't think that we need to be more of a running team like San Fran or Tenn and if so then we absolutely need another true RB which we only have one of right now.

I think we should trade Cohen to the Bucs or another team and get a true RB to pair with Monty.

Well, they aren't needs.

Those positions aren't in the top 5 biggest holes for this roster, so yea, they aren't needs.

S, CB#2, RG, RT, QB are needs.

WR is somewhat of a need since Miller keeps getting hurt and the rest of the roster is unproven.

RB is only a need because Monty doesn't run sexy enough for some.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And just a season ago Leno and Massie were playing better then they did last year. So i guess you think everyone but those two can get back to how they played in 2018??

I think there is way too much overreaction going around over a bad season, yes.

Everyone is whining and crying and acting like we went 4-12 instead of 8-8.

Massie, no, I'm done with.

Leno I think has the potential to get back to his pre 2019 form. From 2015-2018 he was a very serviceable lineman in play, he just had penalty issues. This season his play declined AND he had penalty issues. Most are acting like 2018 was the first year Leno played well, it really wasn't. It was just the first year he cut his penalties down.

I'll take 4 years of production over 1 bad year to judge a player. I still have hopes he can turn it around this year.

RG/RT however are absolutely a need.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No...we have those.

What we NEED is oline.

You'd be surprised how all the current plays in this offense will look when they have a hole to run through and the QB has more than 2 seconds to throw.

Nobody on here would be surprised with what the o-line opening holes can do for a RB so stop acting like people don't understand what good o-line play can do cause that's just common sense and i don't think you'll find a person on CCS that would be mad if we used one of our 2nd round picks on the o-line. Just don't forget that there's only one open position on our o-line cause the other 4 are taken so who's to say that one of Ifedi or Bars can't fill that spot? Who's to say that Leno and Massie can't play well in 2020? How do we know that what needed to be fixed on the o-line wasn't the personnel but more the scheme and getting rid of Hiestand and replacing him with Castillo and his scheme won't fix it?

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
I like Montgomery, I really do. I think if he had some holes to run through he would be a stud. Again, he was BPA by a large margin and I thought, "What the hell, why not?"

Reactions: DC

msadows

Liked Posts:
I've already posted the stats....What did people really expect out of the run game last season when the oline was putrid? We couldn't run to the right side, that allowed teams to stack the left side. Our outside blocking by WR's was miserable, and trey being out really showed up in that aspect.

Not sure why most want to get rid of cohen. I've heard "Because he doesn't run North/South), when this year he ran up the gut more than to the edges.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
There is a balance for every pick based on need vs talent.

We do need o line badly, but if Johnathan Fucking Taylor is there at 43 you don't pass him up

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s hilarious to read msadows hijack every thread. He played high school football so he is an expert and anyone who has a different opinion is just flat out foolish.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, no we don't need a RB.

We have two that are more than good enough in a scheme that doesn't utilize them.

I'm pretty sure we don't need a RB.

San Fran kinda just proved we don't need an RB, but okay.

San Fran had like 4 RB's that all got good playing time and still have J.McKinnon.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nobody on here would be surprised with what the o-line opening holes can do for a RB so stop acting like people don't understand what good o-line play can do cause that's just common sense and i don't think you'll find a person on CCS that would be mad if we used one of our 2nd round picks on the o-line. Just don't forget that there's only one open position on our o-line cause the other 4 are taken so who's to say that one of Ifedi or Bars can't fill that spot? Who's to say that Leno and Massie can't play well in 2020? How do we know that what needed to be fixed on the o-line wasn't the personnel but more the scheme and getting rid of Hiestand and replacing him with Castillo and his scheme won't fix it?

There are two open positions.

Massie has done nothing to reserve himself a starting spot.

And about the Ifedi and Bars point, you can make that point about any position on the team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s hilarious to read msadows hijack every thread. He played high school football so he is an expert and anyone who has a different opinion is just flat out foolish.

So Mr. Troll now thinks we need a RB?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Also, I drafted a G and T as well in that mock. I'm not saying I want a RB, especially in the 2nd Round...I just saw that and was intrigued cause not ONE person has brought up an early pick on a RB

I've actually brought it up multiple times in multiple threads.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My point is using a 2nd round pick on a RB is a waste of resources when this team desperately needs a starting corner, RG, RT, S, a backup edge, a WR, possible a qb of the future.

Get good blocking and you get a good run game. Pretty simple.