First Round Draft Choice for Deebo?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The draft is a crap shoot and there's no guarantee the choice will pan out. With Deebo you get a guaranteed brillant young receiver who was third in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage. It's not gonna happen--- but would be a no-brainer if it did.
And when he’s unhappy in Chicago he can just request another trade. I think Deebo is a hell of a WR but not worth a potential top 10 pick imo

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the bears were a player away yes, they’re not so no.

This 100%. Too many holes right now. We can fill some next year. We will likely have a high draft pick next year as well. No need for Deebo.

Sign him in FA, sure.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Drafted Velus, so why would we need Deebo? :smug2:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If he ends up on the trading block, they'll want more than one 1st round pick.
And only a dumb franchise OR a team that’s a Deebo away from being over the top will do it. Hard pass for the bears giving up their 1 next year for deebo.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No thank you

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Deebo had one good year playing for a top offensive mind and now wants a huge contract for it. It's a red flag for me. You don't want to ruin a good thing when you have it. It's always a risk going elsewhere.

Still, its not enough for me to completely turn down the idea of trading for him. But when you consider it alongside the fact we have to pay him and trade a 1st for him, it would be tough ask. I'd be more inclined if Mooney or Pringle get injured early on and we are risking wasting a year of Fields development.

Regardless Bears should be looking through the league seeing if there is a way to trade a mid round pick for extra receiver help. The wr room as it is leaves alot to be desired.
And now he doesn't even want to do a lot of the things they had him doing in that one great year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This 100%. Too many holes right now. We can fill some next year. We will likely have a high draft pick next year as well. No need for Deebo.

Sign him in FA, sure.
I’d only sign Deebo in FA if he has another break out season this year. He needs to show consistency of being a star before I pay him $20 mil a season.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
There is a very real possibility they could end up with the #1 pick in the draft next year, which is worth way more than Deebo.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There is a very real possibility they could end up with the #1 pick in the draft next year, which is worth way more than Deebo.
There’s just as good of a chance Deebo comes here for free as us getting the #1 pick. Stop the stupidity…

greg23

Liked Posts:
Especially since he’s made it clear he doesn’t want to run much out of the backfield, that’s what makes him elite, as a pure receiver he’s simply good not elite
He's not really that great of a pure wr .....but he's a great all around weapon on runs/draws/screens/quick hitters

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No
The only WR I'd be down for the Bears trading a 1st for would be DK Metcalf!

napo55

Liked Posts:
He's not really that great of a pure wr .....but he's a great all around weapon on runs/draws/screens/quick hitters
I agree a long term deal would need to be negotiated before a trade. But he's a great receiver: 77 for 1405 yards--- plus 365 rushing. But SF is smart and will work something out.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I agree a long term deal would need to be negotiated before a trade. But he's a great receiver: 77 for 1405 yards--- plus 365 rushing. But SF is smart and will work something out.
I think to qualify to be a great Wr you have to show that consistently and so far he hasn’t. He very well could do it again next year. But he did have a phenomenal season.