Five we're-out-of-the-playoffs moves that should be be made

baredown

Liked Posts:
OK, no playoffs this year. So we should be approaching the last two games a little differently. No, not the meatball 'let's see what Bray can do' type of nonsense, just simple & sensible things that look toward next year:

1] Move Hicks back to IR. Let him heal. Time to be getting him fully recovered for next year, not subjecting his elbow injury to more abuse in two meaningless games this year;

2] Swap Daniels and Whitehair again, assuming that's still the long term plan. Daniels was drafted to be a center, so get that development track back in place;

3] Start Deon Bush. I have no clue whether he'll even be on Bears next year, since he'll be an UFA. But I see zero chance Clinton-Dix is back next year. Not sure if Ha-Ha's nickname is 'the matador', but it should be;

4] Sign Stephen Denmark to the active roster. The Bears drafted him based solely on raw potential. OK, that's fine. But that's a multiyear type of thing to determine if he will develop. So get him under roster contract now. Don't want to end up with another Kerrith Whyte situation;

5] Cut Sowell prior to the Chiefs game, then re-sign him for the Vikings game. OK, so this one is really a meatball suggestion. But it sort of sums up how the season has gone. This way when next July rolls around, we can all blame the 2019 season on the Sowell-to-TE fiasco...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
OK, no playoffs this year. So we should be approaching the last two games a little differently. No, not the meatball 'let's see what Bray can do' type of nonsense, just simple & sensible things that look toward next year:

1] Move Hicks back to IR. Let him heal. Time to be getting him fully recovered for next year, not subjecting his elbow injury to more abuse in two meaningless games this year;

2] Swap Daniels and Whitehair again, assuming that's still the long term plan. Daniels was drafted to be a center, so get that development track back in place;

3] Start Deon Bush. I have no clue whether he'll even be on Bears next year, since he'll be an UFA. But I see zero chance Clinton-Dix is back next year. Not sure if Ha-Ha's nickname is 'the matador', but it should be;

4] Sign Stephen Denmark to the active roster. The Bears drafted him based solely on raw potential. OK, that's fine. But that's a multiyear type of thing to determine if he will develop. So get him under roster contract now. Don't want to end up with another Kerrith Whyte situation;

5] Cut Sowell prior to the Chiefs game, then re-sign him for the Vikings game. OK, so this one is really a meatball suggestion. But it sort of sums up how the season has gone. This way when next July rolls around, we can all blame the 2019 season on the Sowell-to-TE fiasco...

Should you really be publishing this list before reviewing it with the Bear's front office? Doesn't your employer have a social media policy that would prohibit this sort of public facing correspondence?

@Grimson ^^^

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi, Ryan. Have you considered trading up for players who are good instead of players who are mediocre or bad?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Hicks to IR-call up Harris

2. Gabriel to IR-call Up Ives

3. Prince to IR-call up Denmark-start Tolliver

4. Bench Coward-Start Bars

5. More reps for Bush

6. IR Massie- Sign an OT from another teams PR.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Should you really be publishing this list before reviewing it with the Bear's front office?
@Grimson ^^^

Well, you're technically right. I didn't ask them. I told them. George said "OK"; Ted didn't say anything...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1. Agreed.

2. Nope. Let Daniels finish out the season comfortably. He looks better at G. No point fucking that up. Got all offseason to work on making that switch if it is still in the cards.

3. Nope. At this point the Bears should already know if they plan on keeping him or not. If he goes out there and plays really well then all you do is increase his value.

4. Agreed.

5. SMH

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Hicks can play, he will. He has 7 months to heal after the 29th. He is competitive and wants us to finish with a winning record, I can guarantee you that.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hicks left the game looking to be in severe pain two or three times......he should be shut down.

If it were me, I'd start Tolliver, and somehow get Shelly, Bars, Wims, Ridley, Naal a bit more action the last two games .

I'd also activate Denmark and get him some action on special teams.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Trubisky to IR - sign Johnny Manzel to the active roster to see what he has left in the tank

greg23

Liked Posts:
BHVWGHC just said he's playing starters the last 2 games to evaluate them?

Who does he still need to evaluate? Wouldnt it be prudent to get some reps for guys who are now backups but could be in line for significant increase in reps next year at positions where there are likely changes coming...wims/ridley/bars/tolliver???