CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
As somebody new to the sport of soccer and trying to embrace it. I noticed on the Section8chicago facebook page about how they had flares at a game in the stands. Pretty cool and I've seen it before but does it hold any significance besides looking sweet?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
As somebody new to the sport of soccer and trying to embrace it. I noticed on the Section8chicago facebook page about how they had flares at a game in the stands. Pretty cool and I've seen it before but does it hold any significance besides looking sweet?

Soccer games are crazy, I'll keep it at that for someone else to expand on. Not as crazy as Euro soccer there, people die more often there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi-Town Hammer

The Baron of Pilsen
Liked Posts:
Flares are illegal in the state of Illinois. There have yet to be any flares set off in any games at Toyota Park. What you are witnessing is a rare weather phenomena called the Bridgeview Aurora Borealis. They only occur during the months between March and November. It is quite harmless if you are aware of your surroundings. More people get hurt getting on the No. 65 CTA bus then this beautiful spectacle.

enjoy...
Section8Chicago.jpg

Chi-Fire

#1 Fire Fan
Liked Posts:
Ya i saw that pic up above with all the red glow in real life i was at the revolution vs fire playoff game wen they won 2-0

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ya i saw that pic up above with all the red glow in real life i was at the revolution vs fire playoff game wen they won 2-0

Must've been really awesome!

Soccer provides some extra entertainment beyond the game itself.

giaco

Liked Posts:
Section 8 Chicago does not condone the use of pyrotechnic devices in the stands. Anyone caught doing so is at the mercy of TP, VoB, and whatever other authorities weigh in on the matter.

Section 8 Chicago does not coordinate, arrange the use of, nor promote the use of pyrotechnics in the stands--do not ask us.