Florida CCS Members

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where at in Port Charlotte. We used to live off Veterans in PC and heard it was bad that way.
Unknown- i have never been there.
Incidentally, I have never even met the woman- she hunted me down a year and a half ago.

From what she says, they are being told possibly a week plus before power is restored.
Sounds like the real answer to when power will be back is "who the fuck knows?"

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is such a Florida pool

That is funny... it looks odd to my eye as well.
What makes it floridian? Is it the weird ass rock thing or the bricks rather than cement and tile?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe if you guys didn't live in a garbage state, with garbage people, with garbage leaders, then God wouldn't punish you.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My sister finally sent pics, and she got lucky- just fucked up the pool enclosure and some siding, soffit and shingle damage.

All in all not bad.View attachment 22937View attachment 22938
Nothing particular, but if you go to Florida and stay in Air BNB's a lot look like that. Coverings, brick, probably salt water eh?

Its like a staple in Florida.

For instance, where I am from in Louisiana, no one covers their pool with any type of shade or anything. If so, its few and far between and they probably came from Florida.

Also, looks like lets take a late night swim. Oh, snappy the alligator is already in there. Do they have lights in the pool cause I use to bang a girl who lived on the bayou and she wanted to swim in her pool with no lights. We didnt work out.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unknown- i have never been there.
Incidentally, I have never even met the woman- she hunted me down a year and a half ago.

From what she says, they are being told possibly a week plus before power is restored.
Sounds like the real answer to when power will be back is "who the fuck knows?"
The last time when Charly hit, it was close to 2-3 weeks without power.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nothing particular, but if you go to Florida and stay in Air BNB's a lot look like that. Coverings, brick, probably salt water eh?

For instance, where I am from in Louisiana, no one covers their pool with any type of shade or anything. If so, its few and far between and they probably came from Florida.

Also, looks like lets take a late night swim. Oh, snappy the alligator is already in there. Do they have lights in the pool cause I use to bang a girl who lived on the bayou and she wanted to swim in her pool with no lights. We didnt work out.
How was the alligator doe?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

how many times do you want to convince strangers on a chicago board that you got laid so much that you volunteered to be a mod there?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The alligator thing... that explains the wrap.
Not used to having to watch out for animals that can consume me.

She did send me a photo of a bobcat or whatever feline predator is indigenous out there half way up the screen once.

How aggressive are the gators and bobcats towards humans?
The only common big predator that could fuck us up are coyotes, and there is so much easy prey for them they won't even look twice at a human.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The alligator thing... that explains the wrap.
Not used to having to watch out for animals that can consume me.

She did send me a photo of a bobcat or whatever feline predator is indigenous out there half way up the screen once.

How aggressive are the gators and bobcats towards humans?
The only common big predator that could fuck us up are coyotes, and there is so much easy prey for them they won't even look twice at a human.

Is a single coyote really big enough to fuck up a grown adult male human of fighting age?

My StepMom (RIP) used to get paranoid about the coyotes by where we walked the dog.

I'd see the coyotes and they were not all that big to my eye, and I was like 13-15 at the time.

She always made be take a broomless handle to beat the coyotes lol.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bitch of it is always lodging, gas and food for everyone- finding a place just outside the zone to put that many people up and working inward.

We already have people burning up telephones looking for blocks of rooms, and it is is a challenge.
Evacuees of course have everything on the perimeter of the storm booked solid.

This time around we are being a little smarter. We are bringing in our own fuel trucks and getting warehouse space for water and gear.
Had a good friend that worked for our local power company that went to some disasters. He was a mechanic that would keep the equipment running. Told me it didn't matter whose equipment it was. He always came back tired and happy.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is a single coyote really big enough to fuck up a grown adult male human of fighting age?

My StepMom (RIP) used to get paranoid about the coyotes by where we walked the dog.

I'd see the coyotes and they were not all that big to my eye, and I was like 13-15 at the time.

She always made be take a broomless handle to beat the coyotes lol.

They could probably rip someone up pretty well if they were so inclined.
They are medium sized, but have big ass mouths like German shepherds.
I have never heard of a human getting even growled at by one though- usually they just take off.

they are definitely a danger to dogs. if they are desperate in winter, they will make a play for larger game.
I used to walk my pooches at a very large preserve up my way that has a high coyote population, and over the years I had a couple coyotes do a half assed attempt to bait my dogs in the winter, and gave up when they wouldnt bite.

Their tactic with dogs is to have a single coyote approach nearer and nearer until the dog gets aggressive and gives chase. They run scared and yipping, but slow enough to keep the dog chasing.
Once they have them committed, they run them in to the pack and it is over.

*edit- I cant tell you the amount of times some dumb shit I would see out there would brag that their dog "chased off a coyote".
I would tell them they were lucky- it had nothing to do with your "badass" dog, and had everything to do with coyotes being devious and brilliant hunters.

Last edited: