Florio: Bears' offseason moves could be 'step one toward moving on from Justin Fields'

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Justin Fields was so awful his rookie year that I doubt the Bears would get much more than a second for him. The pro comparison right now, at this stage in their respective careers, is Josh Rosen. Rosen fetched a late second and a fifth, I bet Fields would command a little bit more but not by much.

At that price its better just to see what you have in Fields for a season. The Bears have no other viable alternatives and few intentions of being competitive this year and you have to start somebody for seventeen games. I think we are all pretty sure what Trevor Semien is and isn't as an NFL player.

I do wonder what happens if Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder or Kenny Pickett shocks everyone and falls into the second round. It has a miniscule chance of happening, but if it does it presents a pretty huge opportunity for the Bears to get out ahead of a potential 2023 draft need.

That is easily one of the stupidest things I've read ever. Thanks for that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One person makes an article comparing the two and the hater sheep just regurgitate it. Don't take people who say this seriously.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He transferred from Georgia because Adam Sasser was calling him the N word.

Kirby not so Smart stubbornly sticking with Jake Fromm coming off of a national championship appearance has nothing to do with why he left.

Moron.

That is what allowed him to transfer without losing a year but he transferred because Georgia decided to start Fromm. Georgia made a big mistake there. His family obviously doesn't feel that it's that big an issue since his sister is a star softball player there.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
You're deluded. Which is fine, sometimes it works out like Josh Allen. But there's no indication really Fields can hack it in the NFL. Matt Nagy didn't run onto the field and slap the ball out of his hands or force Fields to throw it to the wrong team.
This has got to be the most deluded, nonsensical take it has ever been my misfortune to read. By your "logic," every QB that struggles in his rookie year is not going to be good. Insane!

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys
... his rookie season was awful. In 1989, Aikman went 0-11 as the team’s starter and his stats were atrocious. Aikman only threw for 1,749 yards, nine touchdowns, and 18 interceptions. He ultimately had a 55.7 quarterback rating.

John Elway, Denver Broncos
During his rookie season in 1983, Elway went 4-6 as a starter. He ultimately only threw for 1,663 yards, seven touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. His quarterback rating was even lower than Aikman’s as it was 54.9.

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers
Bradshaw went 3-5 in eight starts during his rookie season with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1970. Starting in eight games, he appeared in 13 games total. His numbers might be the worst out of everyone on this list. He threw for 1,410 yards, six touchdowns, and – wait for it – 24 interceptions. He had a 38.1% completion percentage and a 30.4 quarterback rating.

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
In his rookie season with the Indianapolis Colts, he went 3-13 as a starting quarterback. He threw for a lot of yards but still struggled. He finished his rookie season with 3,739 passing yards, 26 touchdown passes, and 28 interceptions.

These guys were exceptional, and maybe Fields doesn't reach their level, but that has yet to be proven. The point is, why don't you take your fucked up argument and shove it where the sun don't shine. Idiot!

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I'm sure he never had a negative word about Josh Allen.

@Montucky must have some sort of bias against Fields
I don't want to say the word, but most of the Trubisexuals (and Pace dick slurpers) who spout their hot takes about Fields being shit tend to exhibit behavior in their B and I posts that rhymes with spacist (noonthirtyjoe, Mongotucky, dumbrew, tcmtrinity etc). I mean for someone to say they thought Pace was a good GM until he drafted #1 is an awfully sus post.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He's one of the most moronic posters on the board and that says something. All four of us who post in the White Sox forum have handed him his ass on multiple occasions, especially regarding his take that Tony LaRussa is a great manager and was the main reason the Sox won the division that year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This has got to be the most deluded, nonsensical take it has ever been my misfortune to read. By your "logic," every QB that struggles in his rookie year is not going to be good. Insane!

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys
... his rookie season was awful. In 1989, Aikman went 0-11 as the team’s starter and his stats were atrocious. Aikman only threw for 1,749 yards, nine touchdowns, and 18 interceptions. He ultimately had a 55.7 quarterback rating.

John Elway, Denver Broncos
During his rookie season in 1983, Elway went 4-6 as a starter. He ultimately only threw for 1,663 yards, seven touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. His quarterback rating was even lower than Aikman’s as it was 54.9.

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers
Bradshaw went 3-5 in eight starts during his rookie season with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1970. Starting in eight games, he appeared in 13 games total. His numbers might be the worst out of everyone on this list. He threw for 1,410 yards, six touchdowns, and – wait for it – 24 interceptions. He had a 38.1% completion percentage and a 30.4 quarterback rating.

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
In his rookie season with the Indianapolis Colts, he went 3-13 as a starting quarterback. He threw for a lot of yards but still struggled. He finished his rookie season with 3,739 passing yards, 26 touchdown passes, and 28 interceptions.

These guys were exceptional, and maybe Fields doesn't reach their level, but that has yet to be proven. The point is, why don't you take your fucked up argument and shove it where the sun don't shine. Idiot!
Now you are going to get pushback because all of these HOF QB's are of a different era. Someone from this era may be Josh Allen. Horrible rookie year that had some Bills fans convinced he was going to be a bust.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Now you are going to get pushback because all of these HOF QB's are of a different era. Someone from this era may be Josh Allen. Horrible rookie year that had some Bills fans convinced he was going to be a bust.
I think that's the best comp. Allen really turned it around in his first three years.

But do remember, there were some Bears fans pushing for Dalton last year, Foles the year before, so some of this fanbase are just lost.

I guess I don't understand the small minority who seem to think Nagy had this amazing system that set up great for Fields, and the 4 other QBs in his time here, but they all just were massive failures at running said offense. Nagy was a fraud.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I don't want to say the word, but most of the Trubisexuals (and Pace dick slurpers) who spout their hot takes about Fields being shit tend to exhibit behavior in their B and I posts that rhymes with spacist (noonthirtyjoe, Mongotucky, dumbrew, tcmtrinity etc). I mean for someone to say they thought Pace was a good GM until he drafted #1 is an awfully sus post.

100 percent this.