Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Mayweather is 43 but should out technical bore the beejesus out of anyone who pays for that fight

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odd fight to say the least. Mayweather taking fights from non-fighters to protect the undefeated record and rake in more easy money. Couple of oddities here though. You can purchase that PPV right now for about 24 bucks and then the price goes up incrementally til fight time with it reaching over 60 bucks as we get into February. Believe the first 1 million buys can be had at the discounted price of ~ $25. LP is an inexperienced amateur boxer at best but would also have a decided size advantage. Believe he's 6" taller than Mayweather and 40-50 pounds heavier.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odd fight to say the least. Mayweather taking fights from non-fighters to protect the undefeated record and rake in more easy money. Couple of oddities here though. You can purchase that PPV right now for about 24 bucks and then the price goes up incrementally til fight time with it reaching over 60 bucks as we get into February. Believe the first 1 million buys can be had at the discounted price of ~ $25. LP is an inexperienced amateur boxer at best but would also have a decided size advantage. Believe he's 6" taller than Mayweather and 40-50 pounds heavier.

It's an exhibition, record doesn't matter.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mayweather is 43 but should out technical bore the beejesus out of anyone who pays for that fight
Interesting.

Mayweather knows exactly how to pick out a fight.

Paul called him out for one thing, but Mayweather is always ready to rock at the prime moment where he has the most advantages. If he waits any longer he gets older and Paul gets better. So Mayweather is right to jump in as soon as possible and make the buck.

With Manby Paquioa he did the opposite. Delay, wait, cancel, delay...

Then Paquioa got a little older, got into politics, owned a basketball team that he played on, and finally hurt his shoulder and was having public stress and shit.

All of a sudden Mayweather is stalking him to events and pushing for a fight now or never, offering billions. Let's do it!

Manny needed the money so bad to stabilize his ventures he fought him hurt.

I think prime Manny without hundreds of childhood street fights probably cleans up Mayweather on talent, left hand, offense fighter...he was always the match-up nightmare Mayweather feared,

But its cuz his dad was a fighter. He came into the game with people who knew all the ways to time a fight in your favor. He plays the game perfectly, 50-0, and this will be no different.

Big bucks. Check.
Easy fight. Check.
Better now than later? Check.

That's why you see the 2 months out date. Mayweather won't give him much time to get any better.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is Logan Paul?
Well, also of note...I might be wrong...but I think Mayweather has Paul under contract. So, he is promoting his own fighter and profiting both sides.

This is a good business decision, good fight timing.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Interesting.

Mayweather knows exactly how to pick out a fight.

Paul called him out for one thing, but Mayweather is always ready to rock at the prime moment where he has the most advantages. If he waits any longer he gets older and Paul gets better. So Mayweather is right to jump in as soon as possible and make the buck.

With Manby Paquioa he did the opposite. Delay, wait, cancel, delay...

Then Paquioa got a little older, got into politics, owned a basketball team that he played on, and finally hurt his shoulder and was having public stress and shit.

All of a sudden Mayweather is stalking him to events and pushing for a fight now or never, offering billions. Let's do it!

Manny needed the money so bad to stabilize his ventures he fought him hurt.

I think prime Manny without hundreds of childhood street fights probably cleans up Mayweather on talent, left hand, offense fighter...he was always the match-up nightmare Mayweather feared,

But its cuz his dad was a fighter. He came into the game with people who knew all the ways to time a fight in your favor. He plays the game perfectly, 50-0, and this will be no different.

Big bucks. Check.
Easy fight. Check.
Better now than later? Check.

That's why you see the 2 months out date. Mayweather won't give him much time to get any better.

Agreed. Mayweather never had the strength to knock anyone out and always fought at the perfect times. But he is accurate and defensive. He is a boxer's boxer and people hate that if they aren't into the sport.

I thought he fought De La Hoya, Pacquio and Mosley, JUdah, Gatti all after their primes but you really can't hate a up and comer knocking down the greats on his way up. And to be fair to Mayweather, when Ricky Hatton mania swept Britain and the USA, he made short work out of that guy.

He simply counter punches his way to victory and CompU boxes the fuck out of everyone.

I think he pecks this Youtuber until he is too blind and tired. He shouldn't knock him out though.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Well, also of note...I might be wrong...but I think Mayweather has Paul under contract. So, he is promoting his own fighter and profiting both sides.

Didn't know that. My guess is this is a snoozefest. Hopefully Snoop comentates and brings life to it. I am sure I'll watch. I haven't missed a whole lot of hype fights.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Oh, cool. This totally answers my question of who the fuck is Logan Paul?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

True, this is why I think we'll see more of these celebrity type fights in the future. Paul's brother is actually calling out Conor McGregor and has made it his mission to get that fight done in the coming years.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If Mayweather has Paul under contract, he won't knock him out. It would kill him as a celebrity boxer.

No chance Paul wins this. His fights are horrible, as are every celebrity boxing match. The YouTube boxing match shit is big money and big views even when it's already dead because people want to see the Paul bothers get their asses kicked.

Jake Paul just rektd Nate Robinson into a meme. These two would have no chance against a trained boxer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is this really something worthy of actual discussion?

Honestly. An actual professional boxer fighting a youtuber in an exhibition fight, and there seems to be serious discussion about it? As if it matters?

Holy fuck, c'mon giant asteroid. We need a reset.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Honestly. An actual professional boxer fighting a youtuber in an exhibition fight, and there seems to be serious discussion about it? As if it matters?

This Paul guy was/is an aspiring boxer. He has age, height,weight and reach in his corner but theoretically he should get rekt.

It's only a thing because he just tuned up Nate Robinson.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This Paul guy was/is an aspiring boxer. He has age, height,weight and reach in his corner but theoretically he should get rekt.

It's only a thing because he just tuned up Nate Robinson.
He didn't tune up Nate. That was his brother, Jake, who seems to be taking boxing more seriously than Logan but who has also just beaten 2 random guys who never fought in their lives. Logan is the one who lost a SD to KSI after having 2 points deducted for hitting him when he was down.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Floyd thinks its worthy of his time, its obviously worthy of discussion.

Even though he cant read, Floyd isn't a dummy.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He didn't tune up Nate. That was his brother, Jake, who seems to be taking boxing more seriously than Logan but who has also just beaten 2 random guys who never fought in their lives. Logan is the one who lost a SD to KSI after having 2 points deducted for hitting him when he was down.
So there are two of these idiots?
Either way, they will lose to actual fighters.