Floyd poised for career highs

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
In Sacks with 10 and 15 TFL. Floyd put on the weight last year and was all muscle last year. His hand injury really set him back but he still proved competemt even with the club. This year he's going to put it all together.

Roquan is in his 2nd year and he's going to be a force in the run game alongside Trevathan. The defense is stacked as far as the front seven go with floyd being the weak link last year given his injury. I expect an increase of third and longs and with Pagano scheming the defense I think he will find a way to get Floyd's production up. He was really moving guys last year but couldnt use his hand to separate. He came on in the second half of the year and produced high quality pressure.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In Sacks with 10 and 15 TFL. Floyd put on the weight last year and was all muscle last year. His hand injury really set him back but he still proved competemt even with the club. This year he's going to put it all together.

Roquan is in his 2nd year and he's going to be a force in the run game alongside Trevathan. The defense is stacked as far as the front seven go with floyd being the weak link last year given his injury. I expect an increase of third and longs and with Pagano scheming the defense I think he will find a way to get Floyd's production up. He was really moving guys last year but couldnt use his hand to separate. He came on in the second half of the year and produced high quality pressure.

Already posted

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Of all the threads about Leonard Floyd’s career highs this is my favorite

• Haha
Reactions: DC

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
With Mack on the roster none of these guys have any excuse to under perform; this is a make or break year for Floyd especially. He can't have another Where's Waldo type season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I read a column about what scouts think of the Bears players and they’ve got Leonard Floyd pretty high and talk about the fact he makes it very difficult with his length. you can’t throw over him etc. so they look at more than simply sack number to see how a man impacts the game and how he affects an opponent’s offense.

I do expect career high numbers as predicted but fans responding that it is “a make or break year” simply don’t realize that nfl scouts see him as very effective.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I read a column about what scouts think of the Bears players and they’ve got Leonard Floyd pretty high and talk about the fact he makes it very difficult with his length. you can’t throw over him etc. so they look at more than simply sack number to see how a man impacts the game and how he affects an opponent’s offense.

I do expect career high numbers as predicted but fans responding that it is “a make or break year” simply don’t realize that nfl scouts see him as very effective.

I remember watching floyd when we safetied or nearly saftied a qb in a game last year getting no credit for his part. But he literally pushed a LT 5 yards back into his QB on the goalline with a club on.

He's the perfect player to keep QBs in the pocket. He has a rare size speed length combo that QBs dont see often on the edge. He's explosive in space when getting off blocks and has improved on that every season. If not for that damn injury he might have had an unexpectedly high impact last year. He's going to be hard to stop this year.

In fact I'd like to think the bears defense knowing their identity and being as solid as they are will be even better with Pagano and his approach to attacking QBs. Floyd seeing the greatest improvement from last year statistically.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It comes down to one simple strategy, how many times does Pagano decide to drop the OLB in coverage and rush 180 pounder nickel corner backs.

What we need to see is the front 4 getting alot of pressure without a bag of tricks. Let those dogs eat, not run away with their back to the ball.

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
I'm at the point with Floyd where it's now show me. Every year we seem to discuss the jump that sadly never comes. If there is a player in there Chuckie will get it out of him. If he can't and Fangio couldn't chances are we will never see it.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is this the year it finally happens? We've been predicting Floyd's career year for the last 3 years.

Ksap24

Liked Posts:
7 would be enough to make this defense better but if he gets 10+ Mack is getting the sack record calling it now

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
It comes down to one simple strategy, how many times does Pagano decide to drop the OLB in coverage and rush 180 pounder nickel corner backs.

What we need to see is the front 4 getting alot of pressure without a bag of tricks. Let those dogs eat, not run away with their back to the ball.

Depends on the speed of the QB. The Nickel is sent because he is as agile as any player in football with reputable speed, even at top speed he's hard to juke, hes also hard to identify with his height. Getting to the QB quick and forcing him to throw a bad ball is ideal because of the talent of our defense.

Were definitely missing our nickel from last year. I would argue he Callahan played probowl level football up until his injury.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
7 would be enough to make this defense better but if he gets 10+ Mack is getting the sack record calling it now
I think he gets 10 but largely because of being healthy but also because Chuck Pagano.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

That's because certain people think how many sacks a OLB has is how you judge how great, good or bad he is and don't look at everything else he does. Fangio had him backing up in coverage quite a bit especially the first half of the year and he's also good against the run. I'm excited to see how Pagano uses him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been poised for a couple years now......I'm poised to see the same thing happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think he gets 10 but largely because of being healthy but also because Chuck Pagano.

I'd love to see double digit sacks out of him but with how many pass rushers we have not only with our OLB's with Mack, Floyd and Lynch but how good our d-line is at getting to the QB with Hicks, RRH, Goldman, Nichols and even N.Williams and A.Anderson and then guys like Roquan, Trevathon, Kwiat and then B.Skrine and our DB's that are sent in blitzes i think double digits will be tough for him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see double digit sacks out of him but with how many pass rushers we have not only with our OLB's with Mack, Floyd and Lynch but how good our d-line is at getting to the QB with Hicks, RRH, Goldman, Nichols and even N.Williams and A.Anderson and then guys like Roquan, Trevathon, Kwiat and then B.Skrine and our DB's that are sent in blitzes i think double digits will be tough for him.
Diarrhea is more clear and concise than this ^

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

I just called Dorian and begged him to pay u a visit.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm at the point with Floyd where it's now show me.

If you are just getting to the "show me" point with Floyd, then it must be like expecting your wife to become better-looking after you get married.