Flus happy the Ravens off the ball LB isn’t in Chicago any more

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both of your headlines are bullshit. Flus has been nothing but respectful to Quan. You know what you’re doing.
He said his ball production sucks and that he was taken too high in the draft while holding back a laugh. Not sure how else you’re supposed to judge that one.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He said his ball production sucks and that he was taken too high in the draft while holding back a laugh. Not sure how else you’re supposed to judge that one.
You’re making stuff up.

He specifically said at least three times, we love Quan… we wanted him back, that’s why we made an offer.

He never said his ball production “sucks”. He was specifically asked why Quan wasn’t as valuable to the Bears as SL to the Colts and ball production was the answer. That wasn’t “taking a shot” at him… that was giving an honest answer.

As for the laugh it was because he said he didn’t think he could convince Ballard to take a LB that high. He never said he was taken too high. It was a comment about the position and not the specific player.

And yet here you are with an article saying Flus is “happy” he’s not in Chicago. Which is a fabrication on your part.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You’re making stuff up.

He specifically said at least three times, we love Quan… we wanted him back, that’s why we made an offer.

He never said his ball production “sucks”. He was specifically asked why Quan wasn’t as valuable to the Bears as SL to the Colts and ball production was the answer. That wasn’t “taking a shot” at him… that was giving an honest answer.

As for the laugh it was because he said he didn’t think he could convince Ballard to take a LB that high. He never said he was taken too high. It was a comment about the position and not the specific player.

And yet here you are with an article saying Flus is “happy” he’s not in Chicago. Which is a fabrication on your part.
You’re making stuff up.

Did you miss the part where he said that he talks to Poles about personnel? Poles said yesterday Smith didn’t fit the system.

He laughed because he knows it’s stupid to take an off the ball LB that high. It wouldn’t have occurred to him to even ask for a player he wanted? He spelled out off the ball to make that point. Just like he said “Will” with production…

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
weird timing. 90% of chicagoland is getting robbed or robbing people on the el right now

czman

Liked Posts:
He chuckled and said Ballard wouldnt let him take an off ball LB that high so was more a comment on how Ballard valued that position.
Who gives a shit about Ballard. The guy is overrated. He has a 500 record and 2 playoff appearances with seemingly zero interest in finding a young qb. He built a good team ignoring the qb position and trying to catch lightning in a bottle the way the Broncos did with Manning.

Ballard is the worst type of gm. The kind that shoots for good enough to stay employed. The kind who doesn't take a risk a on a big trade for a qb because once you do and that qb fails your days are numbered.

Last edited:

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re making stuff up.

Listen at the 645 to 715 mark of your vid

He says "We Ahhhh" or Ballard was not in the business of taking an off the ball LBer at 8"

Very well sounded like Flus was not on Board with it either ... Like why he would he even try regardless (putting it nicely) ? That is how I took it

They ended up taking Shaq Leonard in the 2nd and got better numbers or player - So don't know why this is even an issue????

And yea he said they wanted him back - But not at his asking number obviously- Which we can assume was way past where they value him at...

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is stupid. Flus isn't dissing Roquan and it's even dumber to compare Leonard's numbers to Roquan's numbers given they didn't even play in similar systems until Flus came to Chicago. I could understand the comparison if Roquan were here when Lovie was here, but he was in Fangio's system and then Desai who basically was mentored by Fangio.

Roquan was a great player here and it's on our GM and HC/DC to now show everyone they made the right choices.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You mean Quinton Nelson the 4 time pro bowler with 61 starts and already signed an extension

and then there is LB Shaquille Leonard whom they took in the Second round in the same draft that was the defensive rookie of the year and also signed a 99M dollar extension---

I can't believe anyone is defending Pace here - Perhaps maybe why he was chuckling, to be honest I don't blame him with Pace's draft record
But that’s the point. According to his own argument, there are some positions you just don’t take that high.

You justifying the Nelson pick by pulling out Pro Bowl bonafides is actually you arguing against his point.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
But that’s the point. According to his own argument, there are some positions you just don’t take that high.

You justifying the Nelson pick by pulling out Pro Bowl bonafides is actually you arguing against his point.

Nelson could be generational talent. I was for him going high at the time vs people on CCS saying you absolutely don't take a guard that high.

But for us I'd rather we got a OT. Including instead of where we got Smith. I didn't pay attention to what they did after the draft but I would've rather got an OT that went close to 8th or traded down for one.
Many on CCS at the time was saying no oline high in the 1st.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah generally I would not take a S, G, RB, run stuffing DL, or Off Ball LB top 15. You can get those positions for cheap in FA and later in the draft. You also probably don't want to generally pay those positions top money if they earn a 2nd contract so you run the risk of them only being around for their first contract even if they are good. So for me the if I have a top pick, I am drafting QB, pass rusher, LT, WR, CB. Otherwise trade down for picks.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bit of a surprise they offered him a reported $17-19M per year deal in the off-season then?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Bit of a surprise they offered him a reported $17-19M per year deal in the off-season then?

Smith? What I heard was they were going to give him his "highest paid LB" salary but with de-escalators.
I think that makes it at least $20M/yr but it could be $21M. I forget exactly but I want to say the highest paid LB is $19.1M.
And then we have the reports that Smith wanted $22M.
If my memory of what the highest is correct that would mean between $20M-$22M.

But as far as the gist of your statement. I agree. I'm thinking Poles was thinking he dodged a bullet with Smith turning it down. That's a lot of money to pay someone who mainly tackles people.