Flus turns 180 real quick, goes from HITS to the excuse game in 1 offseason

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If the 33rd pick is the equivalent of a first-round pick, is the 32nd pick the equivalent of a 2nd-round pick?

I remember when people were saying Grossman had to be anointed starter because he was a first rounder and I was pointing out he was #22 not #2. Yes #32 is the equivalent of a 2nd rounder, #33 is equivalent of a 1st rounder.
If the draft was exact there would be one big board and players would be assigned to teams.

Liked Posts:
Why are you always so angry? You dont even talk about football you just complain about the great OP and attack people who talked shit about Ryan Pace and Mitch Trubisky, you people you dearly love. Im getting big time racist vibes from you tbh!
I feel no need to talk football with all the (professionals) on here , because I am sure I do not measure up to yours and their standards. As far as racist vibes go, I am not in any way a racist. I live in a mixed family. So that should take care of your big time vibes.

Liked Posts:
Why are you always so angry? You dont even talk about football you just complain about the great OP and attack people who talked shit about Ryan Pace and Mitch Trubisky, you people you dearly love. Im getting big time racist vibes from you tbh!
I also do not think I ever attacked anyone, other then giving them a thumbs down. The only time I can remember is the time I said something to the person that makes a paragraph out of a sentence. And of course the so called writer JZ.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To expound on my previous post. If Poles takes a WR at 9, it won't be a waste but it calls into question the logic of the Claypool trade. The idea is that he wasn't likely to get a Y WR of this quality with the Bear 2 this year. Other than the contract situation, we have starters at X, Y and Z with much greater needs elsewhere. If it's BPA, that still isn't going to be a WR.

Look at these players and find one that isn't Quentin Johnson that has anywhere near Claypool's size/speed specs. 6'3" 4.43 and 238 Lbs

Quentin-Johnston-WR-TCU.png

Quentin
Johnston​

WRTCU-Horned-Frogs.png208lbs6-34.40113.291.4Quentin Johnston has pretty much perfect measurables, standing 6-4 and weighing in at just over 210 lbs with legit 4.4 speed. He is...

Jaxon-Smith-Njigba-WR-OhioState.png

Jaxon
Smith-Njigba...​

WROhio-State-Buckeyes.png196lbs6-14.48219.790.0Smith-Njigba began the 2022 campaign as one of the top receivers in college football – if not the top receiver – and a candidate for...

Jordan-Addison-WR-Pittsburgh.png

Jordan
Addison​

WRUSC-Trojans.png173lbs5-114.49320.288.1Jordan Addison is an outstanding NFL prospect who is a prototypical slot player with the requisite speed. He however does have very...

Jalin-Hyatt-WR-Tennessee.png

Jalin
Hyatt​

WRTennessee-Volunteers.png176lbs6-04.40645.388.02022 has proved to be a spectacular year for Jalin Hyatt where he exploded onto the national scene. He's emerged as the premier deep threat...

Zay-Flowers-WR-BostonCollege.png

Zay
Flowers​

WRBoston-College-Eagles.png182lbs5-94.42434.987.1Flowers is a super exciting deep-threat jitter-bug kind of player. He has an elite combination of speed, acceleration, and overall...

Josh-Downs-WR-NorthCarolina.png

Josh
Downs​

WRNorth-Carolina-Tar-Heels.png171lbs5-94.48541.286.7Josh Downs has proved that despite his size he can be productive posting four 1k seasons over his career. Most of his drawbacks as a player...

Nathaniel-Dell-WR-Houston.png

Nathaniel
Dell​

WRHouston-Cougars.png165lbs5-84.491071.486.5Nathaniel Dell is a super exciting smurf-size receiver ideally suited to a classic run-n-shoot offense. He's an outstanding quick...

Rashee-Rice-WR-SMU.png

Rashee
Rice​

WRSMU-Mustangs.png204lbs6-14.511171.886.2Rashee Rice is a solid pro prospect, who has pretty much everything you look for in a pro receiver, he's got good speed, nice overall...

Cedric-Tillman-WR-Tennessee.png

Cedric
Tillman​

WRTennessee-Volunteers.png213lbs6-34.54867.486.1Tennessee's Cedric Tillman is a very good wide receiver pro prospect. He has impressive size - ideal for the position, combined with...

Marvin-Mims-WR-Oklahoma.png

Marvin
Mims Jr.​

WROklahoma-Sooners.png183lbs5-114.38138285.9Marvin Mims is a quality pro prospect who has excellent hands, and top speed and is elite at making yards after the catch. He however is...

AT-Perry-WR-WakeForest.png

A.T.
Perry​

WRWake-Forest-Demon-Deacons.png198lbs6-44.471489.385.7A.T. Perry is an excellent NFL wide receiver prospect who has some elite measurables. He possesses ideal length, excellent deep speed,...

Xavier-Hutchinson-WR-IowaState.png

Xavier
Hutchinson​

WRIowa-State-Cyclones.png203lbs6-24.5320125.384.6

Point of this is partially why I don't think WR is on Poles 1st round Board this year without at least a trade down along with a value grab and I don't see that value grab happening in the 1st 2 rounds this year at that position.

The trade was about need and how to fill it after seeing St Brown not step up and projecting the 2023 FA and draft classes.

Is it a good trade? Hard to know at this time but if he earns a second contract and makes those hard catches, yes. Can't know that yet but the thinking behind the move is sound enough.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Weird. Most posters here complained the articles I wrote when I started were too straight “stuffy journalism” pieces. They wanted opinions, because, you know, that’s the point of a blog?

I honestly don’t remember one person complaining about you writing “stuffy journalism” articles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna sound like a bitch right but I don't care.

I like how the 'route tree is so difficult' is used as an excuse for the lack of production. If a receiver doesn't know the route tree, or the motions, then simplify their shit until they do know it. I'm sure Claypool knows how to 'run fast and go deep' so when he's in, just call plays where he's running go routes every time until he understands the rest of the playbook. If they don't have many, then add some go route plays in temporarily.

I don't understand why they make things so much more difficult than it needs to be. Yes, I know the defense will 'catch on' that he's only running go routes but who cares given his size, speed and athleticism. They still have to devote a CB and potentially a safety even if he's just going Madden hail mary every play. But at least he'd be doing something on the play rather than having to sit on the sidelines waiting until they call a play he does know the route trees for.

Man you know I think you’re a great poster but this is just stupid shit. What one player does effects the rest of the play. You can’t just have 10 guys running the play, blocking the play, doing the pre-snap motions, and then another guy just running Hail Mary’s. That fucks everything up.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
sHITS

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Man you know I think you’re a great poster but this is just stupid shit. What one player does effects the rest of the play. You can’t just have 10 guys running the play, blocking the play, doing the pre-snap motions, and then another guy just running Hail Mary’s. That fucks everything up.

The second half of my post was an over the top exaggeration due to my opinion of it being a dumb excuse for a lack of production. My general point was find something he (or any new receiver you're counting on/bringing in mid-season) can run and implement it into your gameplan to make use of him more than seemingly 30% of the snaps (I'm sure it was higher, just felt super low). If he doesn't know the motions, then don't call plays where he's in motion. But you can still make use of him even if it means sticking him somewhere with a simple responsibility (even if only as a decoy) until he does know what he's doing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For additional perspective, this was the Claypool draft at WR. It represents a deep top echelon WR group but many chosen before him have not shown up as he has. Claypool was projected as more of a project but has outperformed many of these. He'll never be that quick twitch guy but he's big, strong and has VG hands. Perhaps too many balls get contested and he's not getting max YAC but he's coming down with them and doing it well downfield.
1​
12​
Las Vegas Raiders​
Henry Ruggs III​
WR​
Alabama​
6’0″​
190​
1​
15​
Denver Broncos​
Jerry Jeudy​
WR​
Alabama​
6’1″​
192​
1​
17​
Dallas Cowboys​
CeeDee Lamb​
WR​
Oklahoma​
6’2″​
191​
1​
21​
Philadelphia Eagles​
Jalen Reagor​
WR​
TCU​
5’11”​
195​
1​
22​
Minnesota Vikings​
Justin Jefferson​
WR​
LSU​
6’3″​
192​
1​
25​
San Francisco 49ers​
Brandon Aiyuk​
WR​
Arizona State​
6’1″​
195​
2​
33​
Cincinnati Bengals​
Tee Higgins​
WR​
Clemson​
6’4″​
215​
2​
34​
Indianapolis Colts​
Michael Pittman Jr.​
WR​
USC​
6’4″​
225​
2​
42​
Jacksonville Jaguars​
Laviska Shenault Jr.​
WR​
Colorado​
6’2″​
220​
2​
46​
Denver Broncos​
KJ Hamler​
WR​
Penn State​
5’9″​
176​
2​
49​
Pittsburgh Steelers​
Chase Claypool​
WR​
Notre Dame​
6’4″​
229​

Getting a known quantity also has value.

Last edited:

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
The second half of my post was an over the top exaggeration due to my opinion of it being a dumb excuse for a lack of production. My general point was find something he (or any new receiver you're counting on/bringing in mid-season) can run and implement it into your gameplan to make use of him more than seemingly 30% of the snaps (I'm sure it was higher, just felt super low). If he doesn't know the motions, then don't call plays where he's in motion. But you can still make use of him even if it means sticking him somewhere with a simple responsibility (even if only as a decoy) until he does know what he's doing.
The Bears were not trying to win, especially on the back half of the season.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I also do not think I ever attacked anyone, other then giving them a thumbs down. The only time I can remember is the time I said something to the person that makes a paragraph out of a sentence. And of course the so called writer JZ.

It's "Jay Z" bro. And he is a rapper,nkt a writer. Like literally he freestyles and never writes a thing.

Do you mean JS? Because that's J Sigs and he is awesome.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'm gonna sound like a bitch right but I don't care.

I like how the 'route tree is so difficult' is used as an excuse for the lack of production. If a receiver doesn't know the route tree, or the motions, then simplify their shit until they do know it. I'm sure Claypool knows how to 'run fast and go deep' so when he's in, just call plays where he's running go routes every time until he understands the rest of the playbook. If they don't have many, then add some go route plays in temporarily.

I don't understand why they make things so much more difficult than it needs to be. Yes, I know the defense will 'catch on' that he's only running go routes but who cares given his size, speed and athleticism. They still have to devote a CB and potentially a safety even if he's just going Madden hail mary every play. But at least he'd be doing something on the play rather than having to sit on the sidelines waiting until they call a play he does know the route trees for.
A big issues that most seem to forget is the o line’s absolute inability to pass block from a traditional set.

Hard to have a guy running to routes when it’s always a moving pocket, or the protection won’t hold up.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
I am hoping Claypool changes my mind that the draft pick wasn't worth it. I do think it is a positive that we have both Mooney and Claypool needing to show up for contract seasons and realizing they need to put up some serious production and stay on the field in order to get their next pay day.
If Claypool steps up with a good year it'll wash out a lot of salt over the draft pick. With a full offseason to learn the offense and build chemistry with Fields he can't do worse than last year.

And you want to spin it him not playing well helped the team get the number one pick?