Foles

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are options out there to improve the O Line. This is on Pace right now IMO. Coward is not an NFL lineman.

Per GMFB Nick Foles apparently complained to someone at ESPN about the line.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears Average Rushing YPG with Trubisky at QB 138 Bears rush yards per game with Foles at QB 44. Crazy difference. This isnt pining for Trubisky just crazy.
With Mitch they protect the edges due to his mobility. D's have been keeping him inside to make him play QB but it helps running up the middle. That has now been compounded without Cohen. There's more to this stuff than just their individual talents. Foles needs protection. He's got balls to stand tall but unless the O line gets better...

Last edited:

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
Cutler was actually pretty good on MNF if I'm not mistaken.

that 2009 game that went to OT against the Vikings I wish I could watch that again. speaking of 2009, Cutler had some pretty abysmal INT games, they were all like 1 score losses. LOL

Not lying, he had some great games, but if I remember correctly he had as much if not more bad games that you could argue lost them games. His talent and occasional brilliance allowed him to last as long as he did with the bears. The guys behind center now Dont turn the ball over as much but they aren’t going to win you any games.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Mitch they protect the edges due to his mobility. D's have been keeping him inside to make him play QB but it helps running up the middle. There's more to this stuff than just their individual talents. Foles needs protection. He's got balls to stand tall but unless the O line gets better...
If he had balls he would have stepped into that throw to Mooney and had a TD. Now that Ive watched it more he had time to make that play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he had balls he would have stepped into that throw to Mooney and had a TD. Now that Ive watched it more he had time to make that play.
You can't look at the line and your target at the same time. None of them get everything right but ya, Nick has kinda sucked for 2 games straight. One more like this and Pace's diabolical plan for fans to support Trubisky will be complete.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears Average Rushing YPG with Trubisky at QB 138 Bears rush yards per game with Foles at QB 44. Crazy difference. This isnt pining for Trubisky just crazy.

Facts

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, lets look at the QB derby of the offseason.
Bridgewater is the only one holding his water. Too bad he didn't wan to compete.:(

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nickscuses we’ve already reached this point lol lol.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Teddy Bridgewater is an average quarterback who’s looking like a savior since we didn’t get him.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If you look at the Os stats before/after the MT/BDN switch, it makes Nagy look that much more moronic. I hope Pace gives him a pimp slap and tells him to pull his head out and switch back. At least MT can run around and throw the ball.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
The Foles experiment has been an utter failure thus far, and our offense is objectively worse is almost every category since he's taken over.

105 fewer yards per game(!)
5 fewer 1st Downs per game(!)
Lower 3rd Down Conversion rate
8 fewer yards per drive
Only 4.3 yards per play

It's a small sample size of 4 games, but we've actually been worse in those categories than even our 2019 Offense, which was one of the most inept season-long performances I've ever seen from this team.

That's not to mention Foles's personal stats vs Trubisky, which he's had a passer rating 10pts lower, lower yards per attempt and completion, and a TD% that's less than half of Trubisky's. Even his ESPN Total QBR, which has been horrific for Trubisky over the last three years, is lower.

And he's a drive killer—Trubisky was actually best on the opponent's side of the 50, where he had a 114.8 passer rating and zero turnovers, whereas Foles has a Grossman-like 72.6, with 6 picks. This has taken points off the board for a team that desperately needs them.

Along with everyone else who suffered through 2019-now, I was ready to get the fuck off the Trubisky train this year and long-term, but to echo a crying Jack on LOST, "we have to go back"

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw Foles dump the ball off at least 3 times where there were wide open receivers downfield.

One play early on, #11, Mooney, was wide open, and Foles ditched the ball.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There are options out there to improve the O Line. This is on Pace right now IMO. Coward is not an NFL lineman.

Per GMFB Nick Foles apparently complained to someone at ESPN about the line.

He complained to Griese. I do like Foles calling out his coach though. Its apparent no one else in Halas Hall will do that.
Its also a subtle dig at Pace too. He just needs to go full scorched earth on the both of them regarding the lack of talent on the line and playcalling.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He complained to Griese. I do like Foles calling out his coach though. Its apparent no one else in Halas Hall will do that.
Its also a subtle dig at Pace too. He just needs to go full scorched earth on the both of them regarding the lack of talent on the line and playcalling.
Yeah I mean there is a legit starting NFL guard out there we could go get and we are playing Coward who is even worse than the Ghost of Kyle Long.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Foles is what he is, and what he is is mediocre. He'll win you some games with competent but not brilliant QB play, but he's not going to rescue the team against better opponents on a regular basis. He's Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The alternative is Trubisky, who aspires to be mediocre.

It's not a great situation.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Foles is anything but competent. He doesn't see the field, he is not accurate, he lacks arm strength and has zero mobility. No way this offense is better with him then Mitch. If you can't see that then I can't help you.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The o-line was a sieve tonight. Foles was constantly being forced to throw off his back foot or had an o-linemen dumped in his lap. Many times he was forced to throw half cocked and still got 'almost completions.'

Please get some glasses.
wow, I agree