Foley to Retire After Next Year

Granada

Liked Posts:
I know some will be happy about this. Personally, I've always loved Foley -- yeah, he wasn't as sharp in his later years, but he's a Chicago legend and I grew up with the guy, so it's sad for me but not surprising. Let's just hope the team does a better job at finding a replacement than they did with Dan Kelly.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know some will be happy about this. Personally, I've always loved Foley -- yeah, he wasn't as sharp in his later years, but he's a Chicago legend and I grew up with the guy, so it's sad for me but not surprising. Let's just hope the team does a better job at finding a replacement than they did with Dan Kelly.

Heard that earlier today......the three cup runs wouldn't have been the same without Pat!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I enjoyed him, but it is definitely time for some fresh blood in that booth.

Foley has gotten to that stage of the career where he barely calls the game and constantly fucks up names when he does.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lets hope Stan doesn’t have to find his replacement, I can only imagine who he would bring in

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I enjoyed him, but it is definitely time for some fresh blood in that booth.

Foley has gotten to that stage of the career where he barely calls the game and constantly fucks up names when he does
It’s not difficult to fuck up the names with the carousel of players that have been passing through over the years. He may be tired, to be honest he sounded fed up last season during his play by play as well.
I think he may feel what the majority of us feel around here, how did we go from great success to this tragedy we call a hockey team, yes players get older, and there were players that hung them early and there was health issues, but even with that Stan fucked the team and he knows it’s going to take a long time to climb out of this mess.

Granada

Liked Posts:
It’s not difficult to fuck up the names with the carousel of players that have been passing through over the years. He may be tired, to be honest he sounded fed up last season during his play by play as well.
I think he may feel what the majority of us feel around here, how did we go from great success to this tragedy we call a hockey team, yes players get older, and there were players that hung them early and there was health issues, but even with that Stan fucked the team and he knows it’s going to take a long time to climb out of this mess.
Exactly, and I wonder if people actually listen to other hockey announcers around the league, because many fuck up names on a regular basis as well -- it's just that, people don't notice when it's not their team, and those announcers don't admit their mistakes. You can see this in the national broadcasts with Alberts, whose cadence blows by the way -- guy acts like nothing is happening when it's a glorious scoring opportunity, and is over-excited when it's a routine save, etc. You can see it with others too. With how often the Hawks change lines too, it's no wonder.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't think many will argue Foley is a legend. I was one on the train to bring him back. He's an all time great. But it's past time to go. Like everyone else is these news/sports/reporting sort of jobs when they start making it about themselves and their brand and lose focus on what they are covering it's all downhill. Yes, it can be fun, yes it can be entertaining, but it has to be about the players not you and your pal in the booth. Best of luck to him hope he enjoys some much earned retirement. Will be interesting to see if he stays in Chicago and continues to be around the team at all.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think many will argue Foley is a legend. I was one on the train to bring him back. He's an all time great. But it's past time to go. Like everyone else is these news/sports/reporting sort of jobs when they start making it about themselves and their brand and lose focus on what they are covering it's all downhill. Yes, it can be fun, yes it can be entertaining, but it has to be about the players not you and your pal in the booth. Best of luck to him hope he enjoys some much earned retirement. Will be interesting to see if he stays in Chicago and continues to be around the team at all.

I hope he sticks around and still has at least some minor role with the team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll definitely miss the guy here even though he's been slipping. Hopefully Weideman is the replacement.
This in spades. Yeah, Foley is not what he used to be but he was great and is still good...her just tends to go of on some major tangents nowadays.

I really think the 'hawks should Simulcast Weiderman/Murray for both radio and TV.
That was one stupid trade, you think Bowman was around at that time.
True, but the flipside though was the pick we got for Karpo landed us Hjammer.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hope he sticks around and still has at least some minor role with the team.
He's perfect for the ambassador job, all he has to do is sit around and drink with fans and do Binny's commercials. I think he'd be great to sit around and have a drink, listen to his book... But while you're trying to watch and pay attention to the game it's just old shtick.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with Wiedeman/Murray simulcast, but I doubt that happens. I read somewhere they are already holding auditions for the job and I doubt Edzo is going anywhere. But yeah, Wiedeman would make the most sense.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Good riddance.

Foley should have been fired on the spot with the Karpotsev rant and is a hypocrite since he's just as much as lush as he portrayed Potsy to be.

If Potsy was dealing with concussions back then, he had every right to tell medical he didn't want to play. End. Fucking. Of. Karpotsev was damaged good when he got here but was pretty fucking solid in that time frame on a second pairing.

The guy fought prime Lindros and nutjob Simon in the same year and ate a couple good ones from Lindros. He didn't deserve that shit and of he did it sure as hell shouldn't have come from Foley.

Fuck him

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good riddance.

Foley should have been fired on the spot with the Karpotsev rant and is a hypocrite since he's just as much as lush as he portrayed Potsy to be.

If Potsy was dealing with concussions back then, he had every right to tell medical he didn't want to play. End. Fucking. Of. Karpotsev was damaged good when he got here but was pretty fucking solid in that time frame on a second pairing.

The guy fought prime Lindros and nutjob Simon in the same year and ate a couple good ones from Lindros. He didn't deserve that shit and of he did it sure as hell shouldn't have come from Foley.

Fuck him
You seem upset.