Foley to Retire After Next Year

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s not difficult to fuck up the names with the carousel of players that have been passing through over the years. He may be tired, to be honest he sounded fed up last season during his play by play as well.
I think he may feel what the majority of us feel around here, how did we go from great success to this tragedy we call a hockey team, yes players get older, and there were players that hung them early and there was health issues, but even with that Stan fucked the team and he knows it’s going to take a long time to climb out of this mess.
Good point. Pat and Eddie's yuckin' it up did bother me at times but that got worse as the team got worse.......they were worth 'yuckin' at.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but John Buccigross would make a great replacement in my view, assuming he's interested in the job. Always liked him on NHL2Night on ESPN and he has play-by-play experience (calls the Frozen 4).

greg23

Liked Posts:
I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but John Buccigross would make a great replacement in my view, assuming he's interested in the job. Always liked him on NHL2Night on ESPN and he has play-by-play experience (calls the Frozen 4).

He's a fuking awful play by play guy

Hell no

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You could hear Foley losing it laughing while they tried to mute it.

Vegas Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Probably not much to it, but I wonder if his suicide comment about staying in the bubble had anything to do with Foley leaving. Sure, the brass could've fired him on the spot, and they didn't, but maybe they gave him an ultimatum. It sounds nicer when someone goes out on their own terms, but I'm not 100% convinced this was the case.

Could be, too, that they just decided it was time to move on. I wasn't sure at first if Edzo would stay on, but that seems more likely now that NBC won't have the national/regional coverage anymore. I used to like Judd Sirott doing the Wolves games when I lived there and he'd be a good choice IMO.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Probably not much to it, but I wonder if his suicide comment about staying in the bubble had anything to do with Foley leaving. Sure, the brass could've fired him on the spot, and they didn't, but maybe they gave him an ultimatum. It sounds nicer when someone goes out on their own terms, but I'm not 100% convinced this was the case.

Could be, too, that they just decided it was time to move on. I wasn't sure at first if Edzo would stay on, but that seems more likely now that NBC won't have the national/regional coverage anymore. I used to like Judd Sirott doing the Wolves games when I lived there and he'd be a good choice IMO.

I doubt it. I just think Foley, like all of us really, saw the writing on the wall. That's not easy for me to say by the way, I've always loved Foley.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I doubt it. I just think Foley, like all of us really, saw the writing on the wall. That's not easy for me to say by the way, I've always loved Foley.
I think he's going to make a great ambassador, for too long has his day job got in the way of his nightlife.