Football Outsiders: Bears Grade "F"

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
sinking Fields' cost of two first-round picks while keeping the Bears offense so weak that the next quarterback prospect will also probably be stuck with a fourth-rate support system.

That's the biggest problem. We're likely stuck with this low round oline through Fields' contract and into the next QB's contract. If there isn't a hidden gem or 3, we likely wasted 2 1sts for Fields and we'll waste 2-3 picks for the next QB. Filling holes on defense when it creates the biggest hole on the team in a few years is not a good move.

This was the time to either protect Fields or give him a target. If you want to win at chess you need to learn to plan moves ahead.

Our best hope for this oline to work out is a 2nd round and 5th round from Pace and a 5th round from Poles all are able to play and make a difference this year. Make that low rounder Poles hits on be the center so Whitehair can be guard we might have an oline. Especially if they add an obvious talent at tackle in a future draft. If all those stars align this might work.
Most likely we sealed the deal on Fields' career and we won't be competing for another 5 years.

So everyone at Football Outsiders ripped their dicks off too

Pretty much everyone except the CCS homers who think a QB is the only offensive talent you need is saying the same thing.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck it, i'm gonna pat myself on the back here. This is basically what I've been saying since we started giving our opinions on the draft.

"Ryan & Matt 2.0 essentially abandoned Fields on the convent steps with this draft, sinking Fields' cost of two first-round picks while keeping the Bears offense so weak that the next quarterback prospect will also probably be stuck with a fourth-rate support system."

The part in bold is the biggest issue. It's exactly what I said about sacrificing value with one of the 2nd round picks because if Fields gets ruined, you lose far more value. Not only with the picks you used on him but the ones you'll eventually use to replace him. Fields is apart of this draft. A top 10 pick was used on him and his support system is putrid. IDK how many people who cover the league for a living need to tell some of you this for you to finally get it.

Every other team with young developing QBs is at least attempting to support them. The Bears are in Lake Forest coming up with new acronyms to motivate grown men.
I mean at least we have HITS and Loafs

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a single thing the reviewer said was wrong. You hamburgers are too much of homers to realize they did nothing to help Field and we still have the least talent in the NFL
I see that they improved the defense with their draft picks and Eddie Jackson and that they decided to try and ride the defense and special teams while mass protecting the young quarterback. to me that was a good solid logical decision.