For the people with memory loss

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
GMs usually get fired when they miss that badly, so they hold out hope.

Unless you work for the Bears, then there are no consequences for an all time Draft miss.
Not to mention allot of people ignore all the wasted $$$$ on chumps in free agency. Bad money and the trubisky blunder would be enough for me to fire him. But if I had a fan base that celebrates lovable losers I might just say f it why change anything

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes everyone understands it was the wrong pick and GM's get fired over making bad picks like that but some ownership group think with common sense and understand that just because you have the title of GM doesn't all the sudden give you psychic powers to be able to see into the future and understand that not one single GM that's ever been a GM gets every pick right because of the FACT that none of them 100% know what any player will be at the next level.

I mean look at you for instance. You were wrong about Trubisky and liked the C.Leno and B.Massie re-singings when they were done but you keep on talking about how this or that player will be good, great or bad players for us even though you've been wrong about multiple players multiple times. The reason for that is because NOBODY knows what any player will be in the NFL whether you're a fan on a message board or you have the title of GM and some owners understand that common sense.

That's just my thoughts though and i don't know much about football.

For the 1 millionth time.

I am not an NFL GM. No one on this board is an NFL GM.

It is pathetic and sad that you compare Ryan Pace to a bunch of guys on a message board. He is an NFL GM with infinite resources at his disposal who gets paid to make these picks.

You need a better argument for why Pace should get a pass, because I see other teams who consistently draft well and have winning teams because of it.

The draft is not a fucking guessing game. Otherwise you should just throw darts at a board.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not to mention allot of people ignore all the wasted $$$$ on chumps in free agency. Bad money and the trubisky blunder would be enough for me to fire him. But if I had a fan base that celebrates lovable losers I might just say f it why change anything

But guys on a message board waste fictional money on free agents, so it is okay for Pace to do it in real life.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

It is pathetic and sad that you compare Ryan Pace to a bunch of guys on a message board. He is an NFL GM with infinite resources at his disposal who gets paid to make these picks.

You need a better argument for why Pace should get a pass, because I see other teams who consistently draft well and have winning teams because of it.

The draft is not a fucking guessing game. Otherwise you should just throw darts at a board.
Pace is a bit of an enigma, can make atrocious picks and make fantastic picks. I'm not an owner of a Team either, so no clue how I would handle Pace and his obvious errors picking in the first round and his fantastic late round grabs. At a loss.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is my stance and I will hold it this season,

Trubisky is good. Pace keeps his job and moves forward with 10, thank god we salvaged it.

Foles is good. Pace keeps his job as we will have a couple of years of stability. His hail mary worked.

Trubisky is bad, Foles starts and plays okay, fire Pace as it is obvious that 10 has cost us a competitive window and Foles isn't providing stability.

Trubisky and Foles are bad, fire everyone because 10 is bad and the offense cannot be blamed all on him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you want to compare Pace to people then lets compare him to

Eric Decosta
Brett Veach
John Schnieder
Mickey Loomis
Kevin Colbert
Howie Roseman
Jerry Jones for christ sake

They are guys doing a similar job with similar resources and access.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Trubisky is good. Pace keeps his job and moves forward with 10, thank god we salvaged it.

Foles is good. Pace keeps his job as we will have a couple of years of stability. His hail mary worked.

Trubisky is bad, Foles starts and plays okay, fire Pace as it is obvious that 10 has cost us a competitive window and Foles isn't providing stability.

Trubisky and Foles are bad, fire everyone because 10 is bad and the offense cannot be blamed all on him.
Really going out on a limb there

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

If you took it for me comparing R.Pace or any GM to a fan then my bad cause that would be stupid when no fan on here could even sniff the dirty underwear of any GM. Because he's a GM and gets paid to be a GM and whatever resources he has to help him still doesn't give him psychic abilities which is what you would need to be able to 100% know what any player will be going from college to the NFL. The biggest thing a player needs after his talent to make it in the NFL is what he has between his ears when it comes to his football smarts and confidence and what he has in his heart and those are the things that nobody can know about any player and the reason why multiple 1st thru 7th round picks bust every single year. They can all sit and talk with GM's and scouts but they've been taught for months about what to say and how to say it in their interviews for months ahead of the combine or pro day or whatever else by their agents or family or friends or whoever else.

Does Ryan Pace know and should he know a hell of a lot more than any fan or media person or "draft expert" about all of these players? Of course he does, he actually knows a hell of a lot more than any of us do, but there's still no way to 100% know what any of these kids will be at the next level. It's impossible no matter how many resources you have to help you and that goes for any GM.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But guys on a message board waste fictional money on free agents, so it is okay for Pace to do it in real life.

Nobody ever said it was okay for Pace to make any bad draft picks or signings. Every GM has bad signings and draft picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Eric Decosta
Brett Veach
John Schnieder
Mickey Loomis
Kevin Colbert
Howie Roseman

Do you think that i can't go through what each one of these names have done in their time on the job and find bad signings and draft picks with each one? Please say no because i really don't wanna go through what they've all done in their time on the job but without knowing everything i'd bet whatever that i could find multiple bad moves by each one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And by the way, i also think and have said that Pace fucked up with the Trubisky pick, obviously, but i just realize that even though it's a fuck up and could be a fireable offense that there is no way to 100% predict what any player will be at the next level and Pace has done a lot of good for this team to where i can understand him getting a pass for that horrible mistake. I don't think he has a long rope but think there is still rope there for him.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
That's the pathetic thing. Over 90% of the people saying Pace should be fired for taking Trubs over Watson or Mahomes also said on draft day they are just glad we tried whether he pans out or not.

Eric Decosta
Brett Veach
John Schnieder
Mickey Loomis
Kevin Colbert
Howie Roseman

for this forum as long as you are better than the browns, that's good enough. No need to be better that the pats or the packers.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
for this forum as long as you are better than the browns, that's good enough. No need to be better that the pats or the packers.
There are allot of people on here that have cubs fan lovable loser syndrome ingrained in their brains. This has to be the only city that celebrates losing so idk why people are surprised there are those satisfied with where the bears are

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Do you think that i can't go through what each one of these names have done in their time on the job and find bad signings and draft picks with each one? Please say no because i really don't wanna go through what they've all done in their time on the job but without knowing everything i'd bet whatever that i could find multiple bad moves by each one.

Can you find an instance where they took the third best QB in the draft second overall?

Fields2021

Fields 2021, Make Da Bears Great Again!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Dodgers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Even if Trubisky has a 30 touchdown 10 int season he should be franchise tagged not extended.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Of course. And then he gets booed at the UC. Bears fans knew that he was a bust.

I did not know the experts loved mitchell over the other qbs.I really wanted Watson like other members mentioned he is a.pro and a winner.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he was.

Stats isn't everything bud, Mahomes was in an air raid offense. Watson was on an offense full of playmakers(His WR got drafted before him!).

Mitch had plenty of good attributes. PLENTY. Shit, he still does. He had the lowest amount of red flags on tape of the bunch. The issue was experience. Had he played more, the issues he shows in the pros probably would have came to the forefront. His major issue in the pros is consistency. It's what differentiates him from being a good QB and a shit QB. Pace took a swing at it and failed.

Lets not also forget that he drafted mitch to be in a run heavy play action system, not nagy's spread oriented pass heavy one. Mitch was drafted/scouted to play in a system closer to McVay's and not Nagy's.

Shit, you're like a multiple vitamin, 1 new excuse a day !!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can you find an instance where they took the third best QB in the draft second overall?

Maybe. I know i can find instances where other QB's were drafted over Dak Prescott and T.Brady and A.Rodgers and L.Jackson and D.Watson was also drafted over P.Mahomes and i can do this all day but i'm not sure if those certain GM's needed to draft a QB and had multiple ones to choose from and not gonna do the homework so thanks for your question.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Even if Trubisky has a 30 touchdown 10 int season he should be franchise tagged not extended.

Yeah for me i would need to see Mitch have two good seasons in a row to get a new contract. I'm not giving Mitch a 4-5 year deal if he comes out and has a good year this year. Let me see you do it consistently and let me also see Nagy have two consistent years in good play calling which we haven't seen yet. What we do know about Nagy is he doesn't know how to change his offensive scheme to fit what a QB is good at. He has to have a pocket passer to run his scheme but Trubisky isn't that. He needs to be able to use his legs like many other mobile QB's are doing these days and winning doing it.