For those who complain Bears don't draft first round linemen, the last ten first round picks the Bears have had...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2007 31 Greg Olsen † TE Miami
2008 14 Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
2011 29 Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
2012 19 Shea McClellin DE Boise State
2013 20 Kyle Long † OT Oregon
2014 14 Kyle Fuller † CB Virginia Tech
2015 7 Kevin White WR West Virginia
2016 9 Leonard Floyd LB Georgia
2017 2 Mitchell Trubisky † QB North Carolina
2018 8 Roquan Smith LB Georgia

As you can see three of them were on the line while you can say well none of them are by Pace, you can make that argument fairly, there is investment in these areas, just been big time busts, outside of Long early on.

I also decided to look to each of our division rivals as well and the New England as the most winning team for a long time now and see how many they had, since it goes as far back as 2007 the ten picks the Bears have. The Bears drafted more O linemen than all of them but the Lions who were tied with the Bears, all sadly have more picks than the Bears, to which Pace can take the blame as far as Mack goes and JA for Cutler. 4 first round picks total lost there. I don't know but I just been hearing from different people complain there has been no investment in it there was, just bad ones. What I do find sad is the greatest 1st round pick might be Greg Olsen at least right now... and the Bears gave up on him. Jury still out on Fuller, Smith and even Mitch's stint's in the NFL.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Bears offensive line hasn't been really good since Lovie' s first few years.

KS Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Even when they hit on an OL pick, he has a very short career. Tough break.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long was never good.

Taking a tackle that started one year in college was a risky move. I always remember that he was only supposed to play guard to gain experience and move to tackle. In that way, coupled with a lot of injuries and missed games, he wasn't a great 1st round pick.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 Pro Bowls before the dings. He was a fine pick.
2 of those were as an alternate.

He was an OK lineman with a lot of athleticism and a big time name because of his dad. If he was actually a good lineman he would still be playing.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know what you all are talking about, give me 5 kyle longs all day this team would be a contender.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I love creating thought with my post, you think it's shit or not, I could give two fucks about. But since those who have posted took a swing at me or what this was about and MISSED big time, I'll explain. People have been bitching that the Bears have no investment in 1st round offensive linemen and claim this is why we fail. So, I took a look at the lions Vikings and Packers 1st round picks in the same amount of time, then I took a look at the Pats. Now. If you want to put another team and say they have done more fine, I'm not taking up my time of day to look up all the teams in the NFL, you nor the Bears are worth all that.

What I will say is that other than the Lions, none of these teams have drafted as many linemen in the 1st round as the bears in the same amount of time except for the team that has the least amount of wins of the 5, the Lions, and they all have more picks than the Bears have. Did the Bears swing and miss in the first round, sure, but to say investing in the 1st round with Oline only.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol

Wow, his last name got him named as a pro-bowl alternate a few times. Then, he proceeded to play less than half the games of the remainder of his career because of “dings”.
So out of 15 teams which is 75 Linemen starting, He at least is consider in the top half of starters by fans (at guard), and people raved about him in this forum until he got hurt... I think that is not too bad.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is the jury still out on fuller? He’s a stud and better than Olsen was, although Olsen had a nice careee
Okay so to shed some light my reasoning for putting Olsen over Fuller being Olsen is because there was a point in Fuller time as a Bear people could see he was struggling out there and people wanted to pull him as a starter, as this is a what have you done for me lately league, people tend to forget. Like Peanut, he had a good rookie season, then he struggle somewhere in his rookie contract where people felt he wasn't as good as his first year. It was till his last year of his rookie contract that he turns it up and he hasn't looked back since. Olsen, has never really had a bad season until he got old and hurt these last few seasons. Fuller keeps this up until he is 30 31... I'll put him over Olsen Easy whatever team he happens to be on.

In short not enough good years, yet.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I still see a correlation with the run game going from being decent to non-existent when Long went out in 2018. if that means he was a bad pick then whatever. as to what Angelo was doing, the point is he went for first round OL talent... he struck out every time. the only time the offensive line was actually good was when it was patchwork assembled with FAs that were already very old. that's why it didn't last long.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

As you can see three of them were on the line while you can say well none of them are by Pace, you can make that argument fairly, there is investment in these areas, just been big time busts, outside of Long early on.

I also decided to look to each of our division rivals as well and the New England as the most winning team for a long time now and see how many they had, since it goes as far back as 2007 the ten picks the Bears have. The Bears drafted more O linemen than all of them but the Lions who were tied with the Bears, all sadly have more picks than the Bears, to which Pace can take the blame as far as Mack goes and JA for Cutler. 4 first round picks total lost there. I don't know but I just been hearing from different people complain there has been no investment in it there was, just bad ones. What I do find sad is the greatest 1st round pick might be Greg Olsen at least right now... and the Bears gave up on him. Jury still out on Fuller, Smith and even Mitch's stint's in the NFL.
Pace has taken Whitehair and Daniels in the second round. Long, a first rounder, was still here. The bookends have been the problem. He should have taken tunsil. It was as obvious then as it is now. But, oh well, shoulda woulda coulda.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

My god that list makes me sad. 20% hit rate on 1st rounders. No wonder we gave away two for Khalil. Probably the safest thing Pace could've done.