Ford: Bulls trying to move up

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
• The Bulls seem to be the latest team trying to move up in the draft. They've talked to several teams in front of them in the draft with an offer of the No. 16 and No. 26 picks in the draft. It sounds as if the Nets have been their target and it might make sense for the Nets to jump on the deal.

They could still get a player like Tyler Hansbrough at 16 and pick up another player late in the first.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09DraftBuzz2

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Is this the only tidbit or is there anything else for those without insider?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
whoa whoa whoa are the insane? a guy at 11 will probably be there at 16.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Nothing else too interesting concerning us. That was the full tidbit on us. He says Warriors and Monta are fine and that the thing about them not drafting a PG is not true. He says some teams are a little scared off of TWill because he's "different".

Also on James Johnson:
• Wake Forest forward James Johnson seems to be in a draft free-fall and I don't quite understand why. Yes, he showed up at the Chicago draft combine a little out of shape and 15 pounds overweight. But a month ago a number of lottery teams were giving him a serious look. Now we're searching for teams in the 20s for Johnson. I guess in a draft with this much parity, every little pound matters.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
We must have someone we reallywant atnd feel like he wont make it to 16..Pax/Gar may have fallen in love lol..The question is with who ?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Nothing else too interesting concerning us. That was the full tidbit on us. He says Warriors and Monta are fine and that the thing about them not drafting a PG is not true. He says some teams are a little scared off of TWill because he's "different".

Also on James Johnson:
• Wake Forest forward James Johnson seems to be in a draft free-fall and I don't quite understand why. Yes, he showed up at the Chicago draft combine a little out of shape and 15 pounds overweight. But a month ago a number of lottery teams were giving him a serious look. Now we're searching for teams in the 20s for Johnson. I guess in a draft with this much parity, every little pound matters.

A overweight 2 guard wannabe, ofcourse he would drop.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
ryguy24 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Also on James Johnson:

A overweight 2 guard wannabe, ofcourse he would drop.
Well if he has gained that weight and is out of shape i may have 1 foot off the JJ bandwagon..lol:)

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
My guess is Blair. Obvisously fell in love with him at tryouts and he could drop to us, but why take chance.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I'd think it's for Mullens, or maybe Jordan Hill if he slips.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I'd think it's for Mullens, or maybe Jordan Hill if he slips.
Mullens hasn't been projected to move up. Its probably for Tyler since thats where he is projected and we might luck into Jordan Hill falling.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
No way Hill slips past the Warrior. According to DX the Warriors have told them there drafting him if he's still there. I don't think there that in love with Mullens to trade up for him. Also DX said one of reasons Mullens might of pulled out of workout was that he sucks vs the guy he was going against

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Maybe were moving up for a gaurd suspecting BG may bounce..KC mentioned the bulls like the combo gaurds in this draft.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
My guess is Blair. Obvisously fell in love with him at tryouts and he could drop to us, but why take chance.

2 picks for Blair whose knee could go out any second? Tyler would be nice but he should be there at 16.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Any second? read the story the concern was the Blairs knee would be in trouble down the road in like 5 years or so. Also DX is saying that Blair continues to impress with workouts so his stock his moving up. As for Hansbrough he isn't great fit because what we need is guy to give 10 to 12 minutes of toughness and rebounding. Hansbrough only provides you the toughness

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Gerald Henderson. I think that may be the pick if this happens. He's been slotted to go around 10-13, most people thinking Charlotte at 12. He must have had a good work out with the Bulls & impressed the hell out them. And he should be able to contribute right away with his good defensive skills & athleticism.

Gerald Henderson is my guess.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You don't draft Hansbrough at 16! That's crazy. If they draft him that early, I am jumping out of the window, it will be the basement window but still...

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Yahoo sports is saying the same Bulls trying to move up to 11 but have more info..... One NBA executive said their target is James Johnson

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bulls are trying to convince the New Jersey Nets to take their 16th and 26th picks to move to No. 11, and one Eastern Conference executive says Chicago’s target is Wake Forest forward James Johnson.

Some say Johnson has been slipping and could be available at No. 16, but no one seems sure about anything in this draft.

The Nets are considering the proposal. They’ve been intrigued by Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams at No. 11, but could be willing to drop down with the belief that North Carolina’s Tyler Hansbrough could be available at 16.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...?slug=aw-draftnotes061909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns