Former Bears WR Anthony Miller out for season with injury

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This sucks for him as I always thought he was very talented. Whether due to injury, Nagy, or neglecting his craft, it's too bad he never put it together the way he might have.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's definitely too bad as he has the talent but just needed his body to cooperate and head to stay in the right place. Shoulder injuries are a nuisance. Once you dislocate a shoulder, it's really tough to get it to cooperate in contact and high impact sports and feel confident in the joint performing and not getting it separated or dislocated again. I dislocated my shoulder in my late teens and even after surgery and lots of strength conditioning, it never got back to being as stable as it was before the accident.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's definitely too bad as he has the talent but just needed his body to cooperate and head to stay in the right place. Shoulder injuries are a nuisance. Once you dislocate a shoulder, it's really tough to get it to cooperate in contact and high impact sports and feel confident in the joint performing and not getting it separated or dislocated again. I dislocated my shoulder in my late teens and even after surgery and lots of strength conditioning, it never got back to being as stable as it was before the accident.
Sprained ankles can be the same way. Once you severely sprain an ankle, it's super-easy to sprain it from that point on.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
okay so let me set yall haters straight. I was completely right that he had all the talent to be a true #2 receiver. All the CCS racists saw him throw up his initials after making spectacular 1st down plays and said he was a thug throwing gang signs. I'm not down with that racist ass racist take. The problem with Miller was two-fold - he had some bad injuries, he had an attitude that his terrible coaches couldn't get past and unlock his talents to the next level. The Racist CCS posters said he wouldn't be in the league after his short Bears career. Guess what????

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Was he really that talented? What elite trait did he have? His ceiling was an okay 2. You could say that for a thousand guys though.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was he really that talented? What elite trait did he have? His ceiling was an okay 2. You could say that for a thousand guys though.
Technically you could ask that about Antonio Brown as well. He wasn't particularly fast, couldn't jump out of the stadium, but sure as hell knew how to get open.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Technically you could ask that about Antonio Brown as well. He wasn't particularly fast, couldn't jump out of the stadium, but sure as hell knew how to get open.
Miller is like Anthony Brown version 0.5....half the talent/output, also half the PITA personality issues?

It's a shame he wasn't more mature. Can't blame him for arguing with Nagy's BS but being goaded into fighting was beyond ridiculous & showed his instability and self-control. But Miller was Miller (Be You). Could've used better coaching for damn sure:

1660754425972.png

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is just my opinion, but in an organization like Pittsburgh I think his antics would improve as well as his play. Yes, I know Antonio Brown played there, but I think we could all agree that’s a special case.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

Yeah, but he’s an extreme outlier. There’s a ton of other guys with the same size and skillset who were average to below average NFL players. Of course, yeah there are overachievers and outliers you can point to towards anything. Didn’t Jerry Rice run like a 4.71? That doesn’t mean you should just not care when you see a receiver run that time at the combine. “That’s what Jerry ran, doesn’t matter.” Of course it matters.