Former teammate says Foles Better than Wentz

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The love for Carson Wentz and praise of Carson Wentz so far outweigh his actual accomplishments it's ridiculous.

His record against winning teams is Stafford-level, isn't it?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nick Foles like to throw to TEs in an RPO. Coincidence we invested there?

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that Foles is a pretty good QB. I also think he has no chance given his style of play to stay healthy an entire season, especially with our OL. The question is, would we rather see Nick early and Trubisky later, or the inverse. I can honestly talk myself into either position pretty easily. Pros and cons with both.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I think that Foles is a pretty good QB. I also think he has no chance given his style of play to stay healthy an entire season, especially with our OL. The question is, would we rather see Nick early and Trubisky later, or the inverse. I can honestly talk myself into either position pretty easily. Pros and cons with both.

Tru dat. One thing Foles will do is not get panicky in the pocket and is willing to hold the ball til the very last second for routes to get open but that also means he will get punished...uh oh

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Nick Foles like to throw to TEs in an RPO. Coincidence we invested there?
Interesting. Trubisky never had a decent TE on his team. Burton looked like a star after being a backup. What would a real TE look like.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think Foles has shown he can be a very good playoff QB and has a Tom Brady esque "clutch" factor to him. At the same time, in those moments, he really didn't have much to lose and was playing with house money. Win and your a hero, lose and that is what is expected.

Then when he got paid and had huge expectations, He didn't do too well, though it was a short amount of time.

Its really hard to get a grasp on him. But if history is an indicator, he would do better playing in an environment where he comes off the bench. Let Mitch start and if he f***** it up, Foles will be in the same situation he has excelled in the past.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am hoping the TE room is gonna stop us from being What ?

29th in 3 and outs ?

29th in yards per play ?

29th in most punts ?

( I read somewhere that in all those above categories we might not be Exactly 29th, but, are damn near pretty close to that )

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I am hoping the TE room is gonna stop us from being What ?

29th in 3 and outs ?

29th in yards per play ?

29th in most punts ?

( I read somewhere that in all those above categories we might not be Exactly 29th, but, are damn near pretty close to that )

Id love to know how many 3rd down conversions were to a TE last year. And out of those how many came from the Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles 1st for me. If Mitch starts and is pulled, he's likely done unless it's by injury. Mitch watching gives him an example to follow for prep and running the O correctly and maybe the next time we see him he'll have better acclimated to the pro game. The 'he needs snaps' argument has now past. He needs and has always needed to better understand and conceptualize his play.

We all assume that Foles goes down if he starts and it makes sense since he's never played 16 games but imagine if he starts, plays well and stays healthy. Sure would make the Mitch's contract situation an odd one at years end. In that scenario, I'd like to keep him unless offered silly money elsewhere.

Another new aspect of this duo is that if Mitch goes down for dinged shoulder or ankle etc, does he get his job back or return as quickly as previous years. It will certainly be an interesting dynamic. At least both him and Foles seem like good guys and be team players in any scenario.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The love for Carson Wentz and praise of Carson Wentz so far outweigh his actual accomplishments it's ridiculous.

His record against winning teams is Stafford-level, isn't it?
TRUE!!!! Wentz will soon be popping up on the "most overrated" lists

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Okay, let me chime in.

It's hard to get behind Bennett and his comments. He played with the team for only one season where Wentz was coming back from tearing his ACL, LCL and partially tearing the IT band in week 14 whereas Nick Foles was coming off being the Superbowl MVP.

You are comparing one player at the height of their career to another at the lowest point.

I'd add, Michael Bennett likes to stir the pot. He and his brother, who you Bears fans know a bit about, just are outspoken dudes who seem to like going against the grain.

Look at what Wentz did as a rookie, his MVP caliber 2nd season or last season while missing his tope 3 WRs you can see his talent and what kind of leader he is.

The final point, which is by far the most important, anyone's thoughts on Wentz have no barring on how Foles does as a Bear. They are two completely separate issues.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'll post this again from one of my earlier posts. I think ppl are severely overrating the narrative that Foles is "injury prone."

Here's Fole's injury history. He's played 8 seasons in the NFL and the two injuries that caused him to miss the most time was two non-throwing broken clavicles that were 5 years apart. I think ppl look at his game logs and mix injury time and backup QB time together and think he's injured every year.

*In before "his inconsistent time as a starter should be a red flag...blah, blah..." He only has to be better than Mitch to play.

Sep 08, 2019 Shoulder Foles broke his left clavicle.
Nov 02, 2014 Shoulder Foles fractured his clavicle and missed the final 8 games of the season.
Oct 20, 2013 Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Dec 23, 2012 Hand Metacarpal Fracture Foles missed the 2012 season finale after breaking his right (throwing) hand in Week 16.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Okay, let me chime in.

It's hard to get behind Bennett and his comments. He played with the team for only one season where Wentz was coming back from tearing his ACL, LCL and partially tearing the IT band in week 14 whereas Nick Foles was coming off being the Superbowl MVP.

You are comparing one player at the height of their career to another at the lowest point.

I'd add, Michael Bennett likes to stir the pot. He and his brother, who you Bears fans know a bit about, just are outspoken dudes who seem to like going against the grain.

Look at what Wentz did as a rookie, his MVP caliber 2nd season or last season while missing his tope 3 WRs you can see his talent and what kind of leader he is.

The final point, which is by far the most important, anyone's thoughts on Wentz have no barring on how Foles does as a Bear. They are two completely separate issues.
I agree that both Bennetts are asses who like to stir the pot. Their opinion of themselves is off the charts unrealistic.

I agree that it has no bearing on Foles as a Bear.

I don't dispute Wentz has talent. I am saying his actual production in the NFL is far short of his reputation. I don't think he's bad by any means. I just think 2/3 of a season with people thinking he was MVP got the ball rolling and he is talked about as one of the league's top QBs, but has nothing to show for it. 8-8 or 9-7 in a horrible division?

Yes, he lost WRs, but when other QBs play with horrible O Lines they don't get the pass Wentz seems to get.

He may be great in the future, but I think it's a real stretch to keep suggesting - as people do - that he has been great up to this point.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Foles 1st for me. If Mitch starts and is pulled, he's likely done unless it's by injury. Mitch watching gives him an example to follow for prep and running the O correctly and maybe the next time we see him he'll have better acclimated to the pro game. The 'he needs snaps' argument has now past. He needs and has always needed to better understand and conceptualize his play.

We all assume that Foles goes down if he starts and it makes sense since he's never played 16 games but imagine if he starts, plays well and stays healthy. Sure would make the Mitch's contract situation an odd one at years end. In that scenario, I'd like to keep him unless offered silly money elsewhere.

Another new aspect of this duo is that if Mitch goes down for dinged shoulder or ankle etc, does he get his job back or return as quickly as previous years. It will certainly be an interesting dynamic. At least both him and Foles seem like good guys and be team players in any scenario.

If Foles is starting week one he will have 2 TEs that Mitch never had. If Foles runs away with this why would Mitch see the field outside of injury,

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
M.Bennett and really both the Bennett brothers have odd personalities and say and do odd shit which Bears fans know from our time with Marty.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Foles is starting week one he will have 2 TEs that Mitch never had. If Foles runs away with this why would Mitch see the field outside of injury,
Don't care to dance with you and your boorish pointy stick, even if you're holding the wrong end.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I agree that both Bennetts are asses who like to stir the pot. Their opinion of themselves is off the charts unrealistic.

I agree that it has no bearing on Foles as a Bear.

I don't dispute Wentz has talent. I am saying his actual production in the NFL is far short of his reputation. I don't think he's bad by any means. I just think 2/3 of a season with people thinking he was MVP got the ball rolling and he is talked about as one of the league's top QBs, but has nothing to show for it. 8-8 or 9-7 in a horrible division?

Yes, he lost WRs, but when other QBs play with horrible O Lines they don't get the pass Wentz seems to get.

He may be great in the future, but I think it's a real stretch to keep suggesting - as people do - that he has been great up to this point.
I've been watching Eagles football for a very long time and I respectfully disagree. He's the best QB the Eagles have had. He's better than McNabb, Vick, Cunningham, Jaws, etc...

Sounds crazy, but imho the only thing that will hold him back is his health.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Don't care to go anywhere with you and your pointed stick, even if you're holding the wrong end.

Its obvious thst you're salty over our disagreement. I don't hold grudges though.

Bearly just BE YOU!