Forte claims Cutler quit in the NFCCG

mecha

Liked Posts:
Oh 2010, that was a fun year. Let's get the QB with the strongest arm in the league, and then spend all our resources on a dual tight end threat and let him throw deep to johnny knox, stone hands washington, and devin arombadu.

yeah, and whoever played well went into Lovie's doghouse(tm) (???)

to follow: Roy Williams, Dane Sanzenbacher, Sam Hurd

what a fucking blowjob franchise, seriously. how was that 2011 team even any good? oh right, vast majority of the teams they played during that win streak ranged from 3-13 to 8-8 records on the year. so for the record, 2011 is the same exact shit as 2012. never forget.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It was an MCL sprain. Forte has gone to bat for Jay before. He's stuck up for him numerous times over the years. For him to say this, well...probably some truth in it.
This is a joke between friends and not throwing shade at all. They are friends. I'm talking best buds.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Cutler has been gone how many years and some of you still rent so much hate in your head to that guy?

I imagine this will be Anytime bitching about Mitch for the rest of his life.

I guess I just see Bears football as a way to get away from life for three hours on a Sunday(or whatever day they play) and when the game is over, I move on in my life.

To see that Bears player play can control some of your lives for years is quite pathetic.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It was an MCL sprain. Forte has gone to bat for Jay before. He's stuck up for him numerous times over the years. For him to say this, well...probably some truth in it.

It was a grade 2 tear,
" For some point of comparison, we heard ESPN’s Ross Tucker said on Rome is Burning Monday in his experience as a player that he could play through a grade I sprain, and he couldn’t even stand if he had a grade II or grade III sprain. "

and in 2015 Forte had a grade 2 MCL tear and missed 8 weeks.. in fact in 2017 Forte had a grade 1 knee STRAIN and missed 2 games.. so for him to call out another player for missing a game when he did the same thing with much less of an injury makes him look like a douchebag

There is plenty to rip Cutler about but his MCL tear after so much time? I lost a lot of respect for Forte with this..

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
“Kreutz wasn't surprised that Cutler was out for the game, not when I saw his knee shaking like that, Kreutz said, shaking his hand rapidly back and forth. I didn’t think he was going to be able to finish the half. When he came back out and tried again, that amazed me.”

Cutler upset by injury; Bears stand behind him

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Cutler never improved any part of his game. Neither did Trubisky, neither will the next guy. It’s just part of being a Bears fan. They don’t have the right owner or executives.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To win with below average defenses your stacked offense needs to win time of possession, score and score some more and get the opposition one dimensional. Jay couldn't make it happen.

Cutler in his career never had a 30 TD year. He only had 3 seasons where he threw at least 25 tds.
Had Trestman not benched him for Clausen in 2014 in a half assed effort to save his job, Cutler probably would have hit 4000 yards passing with 30 TDS. Not everything was on Cutler. He didn’t pan out as the Franchise QB that he was supposed to be, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as some make him out to be.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arguing over whether Jay quit or not are overlooking the bears ineptitude at selecting a backup. Just last week KC had a backup in who helped put the game away.

A million years ago Don Shula always had a good backup. His backups helped him reach the superbowl twice .

Chicago has Never been any good at this.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The real tragedy in all this is we haven't been able to beat the Packers since this game and god knows how much longer it'll be before we start beating them again.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Forte was a very good running back and one of the best for the Bears. Although he would quit when trying to block and quit when trying to break tackles. Forte missed time with injuries too unfortunately.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Had Trestman not benched him for Clausen in 2014 in a half assed effort to save his job, Cutler probably would have hit 4000 yards passing with 30 TDS. Not everything was on Cutler. He didn’t pan out as the Franchise QB that he was supposed to be, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as some make him out to be.

He could have been a mediocre starter.
Whether it was him or the OC, there were too many wing and a prayer deep passes.
Almost any decent player could have hit the same success rate going deep that cutler did.

Dude just never made any stride in reading defenses.

Signing him in chicago was a pretty solid move even in hindsight... there was hope he could improve and he was young and strong.
It was keeping him beyond his first contract that was the absolutely Special person move. Not a single thing changed about him after coming here, and that wasnt worth keeping.