Fox impressed with Cutler's outing - Dec 28th 2015

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
And let's hope, if he is, Gase is back. His consistency has GOT to lie in this man's vodoo.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Great selling point by Fox, he is quite sly.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not to be an ultra dick here, But Case Keenum put up a 2 td, 158 rating against tampa the week prior.

They allow the fifth highest passer rating, and are the absolute worst in the league as far as completions go, So I am not going to get too excited about that game.

Tampa allows a passer rating of 100.3. Cutler had a 100.2
Cutler completed 74% of his passes, which is better than what the bucs allow, 69%.
Cutler was 5.8 yards per attempt, the bucs allow 7.3
The bucs allow 2 passing tds per game, Cutler had one, But he did avoid a turnover and the bucs do have 21 over their 15 games.

to me that is straight up average.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Not to be an ultra dick here, But Case Keenum put up a 2 td, 158 rating against tampa the week prior.

They allow the fifth highest passer rating, and are the absolute worst in the league as far as completions go, So I am not going to get too excited about that game.

Cutler completed 74% of his passes, which is better than what the bucs allow, 69%.
The bucs allow 2 passing tds per game, Cutler had one, But he did avoid a turnover and the bucs do have 21 over their 15 games.

Speaking with logic and truth gets you flamed here, be careful!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Yup average. If anyone has a plan to acquire an above average QB, speak up.

If this was a team filled with average players they would be much better, so by all means let's upgrade.

If anyone actually thinks that one average player is the Bears biggest problem, they should watch a game.

A year ago I asked for specific ideas on upgrading the QB. Only one guy had the balls to speak up, he suggested Nick Foles & Brian Hoyer. Foles is bad, Hoyer is good but concussed.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It's average to you despite the numbers saying it isn't? Y'all move so many goal post it isn't funny. Just accept he had a good game and move on

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

If this was a team filled with average players they would be much better, so by all means let's upgrade.

If anyone actually thinks that one average player is the Bears biggest problem, they should watch a game.

A year ago I asked for specific ideas on upgrading the QB. Only one guy had the balls to speak up, he suggested Nick Foles & Brian Hoyer. Foles is bad, Hoyer is good but concussed.

That's like the Phil Emery approach.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I have a plan.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let me clarify- It is an average outing for an NFL QB against Tampa. It is above average for Jay.
Better?

So that means Jay was elite against the rams or do you plan on discrediting that just because like you are doing here? I'm trying to figure out the rules here

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Cutler has passed for 3,414 yards with 19 TDs, eight interceptions and a 92.8 passer rating in 14 starts this season. He is the only NFL quarterback with at least 10 starts who has not thrown multiple interceptions in a game.

His performance is even better when you consider that the Bears' top four receivers heading into the season—Alshon Jeffery (9), Eddie Royal (9), Kevin White (0) and Marquess Wilson (11)—have played in 29 of 60 combined games, while tight end Martellus Bennett will miss five of the final six contests."

Our little Cutty is finally potty trained! Will be fun to see what a healthier group of weapons will do next yr for the offense, not to mention a more stable OL situation. Should be an exciting off season with the big cap space in free agency and of course the draft. :yep:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What is the difference if we draft one or trade for one?

The Bears did trade for one, you didn't like how it turned out. Be more specific, or you could keep howling at the moon.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
The Bears did trade for one, you didn't like how it turned out. Be more specific, or you could keep howling at the moon.

Bne-5nAIEAEwM3e.jpg