Franchise quarterback

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Outscored 18-0 in the 4th quarter. This team obviously lacks talent but it’s fundamentally fucked

mecha

Liked Posts:
did you ever notice the pattern? Bears have leads and then progressively the other team chips away at them. Fields has an opportunity to dunk on them within the last 4 minutes, but it ends in an interception with a Bears loss?

it's one of the greatest conspiracy theories ever, but it's mine: George McCaskey is paying refs and people on the team to lose on purpose.

EDIT: also the super accurate kicker is botching gimme PAT and FGs. you don't see this?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The playcalling in the second half was absolutely atrocious, but even with that, the Bears had a chance to drive down the field at the end to take the lead and Fields choked. There are no scenarios that exist where throwing 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter of a close game is anything other than bad.

I think the craziest part about the game today was that the Bears never called another designed QB run for the rest of the game after Fields TD. I don't get it.

He's going to be the quarterback for the foreseeable future. A bad game today shouldn't change that. But, god damn, what a shitty way to lose today after what looked like a promising performance until the interceptions...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 POINTS you should of had missed.

That said, the two picks were on Fields.

1st pick was a curl route on a curl and the throw was late. One of the issues we talk about with Fields was he holds the ball too long. For that route that is the case. Fields maybe he can't see the man with the linemen, hard to say but that was a timing throw with no timing on the throw.

2nd pic, wrong player. Jones Jr was wide open and I feel he was trying to make more happen. Even though the game was likely over, you could check it down and let him run out of bounds.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
The playcalling in the second half was absolutely atrocious, but even with that, the Bears had a chance to drive down the field at the end to take the lead and Fields choked. There are no scenarios that exist where throwing 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter of a close game is anything other than bad.

I think the craziest part about the game today was that the Bears never called another designed QB run for the rest of the game after Fields TD. I don't get it.

He's going to be the quarterback for the foreseeable future. A bad game today shouldn't change that. But, god damn, what a shitty way to lose today after what looked like a promising performance until the interceptions...
The Bears have XFL wide receivers. Fields made 2 bad throws all day - one to Monty (that was ruled incomplete) and the last INT. All things considered, Fields did well. It's being disingenuous to say otherwise on a day he went for 250+ yds and an 80% completion.

If Getsy didn't call plays like such a coward, the Bears win easily. Fortunately for the Bears draft position (and my wallet), he called plays like a coward.